“1 or 2 more in before Spain”

TommyMcLean7

Can’t remember whether this was someone from the club or an in ITK poster who said this. It’s all gone quiet. I know it is early days but feeling disappointed as it doesn’t look like happening. Spoilt bastard loyal

We have made a very good start and have the core of a good team, it is more important to get the players we want instead of getting them in quickly now

I wouldn’t say its unreasonable to expect more... we had a terrible season last year so I f*cking hope theres more to come :D

It is unreasonable to expect it.

To want it is understandable.

But we've brought in 5 new players and it's only the first day of pre-season training. That's miles ahead of where we should expect to be.

We also need to consider who is leaving before we can finalise things.

It might be that Morelos doesn't go and, on that basis, we don't sign a new striker.

It's all going to take time.

Thankfully, I'm delighted the the main three issues (GK and 2 x CH) has been addressed massively right away.

Can’t remember whether this was someone from the club or an in ITK poster who said this. It’s all gone quiet. I know it is early days but feeling disappointed as it doesn’t look like happening. Spoilt bastard loyal

It was a poster on here guessing.

It is unreasonable to expect it.

To want it is understandable.

But we've brought in 5 new players and it's only the first day of pre-season training. That's miles ahead of where we should expect to be.
With all due respect Strider, we are miles behind where I expect we should be ;)

I suppose we can thank Pedro for that.

Strikers next for me and a good combative midfielder with a bit of class.

Nobody seems bothered by wide players! We really need options as only have Murphy and Candeias and if we utilise a 433 or 4231 we must have cover for both sides! We already have at least 6 players that can play in the middle of the park so it's not priority!

Nobody seems bothered by wide players! We really need options as only have Murphy and Candeias and if we utilise a 433 or 4231 we must have cover for both sides! We already have at least 6 players that can play in the middle of the park so it's not priority!
The middle of the parks is a weak area for us get walked over and dominated in there even by poor to average teams.

We are all itching for more but to be honest I would much rather it took time and the right players for the club come in rather than the dross we have acquired in recent years.

I'm quite happy with what we've brought in so far , but I'm more concerned about moving on players who are'nt good enough & have no future at Ibrox.
We need these players off the wage bill.

I am very happy with our early business. Biggest issue last season was the defence & that seems to be adressed early with 2 CB's & GK. Also brought in 2 midfielders to bulk up the midfield. I dont think we could have asked for any better at this stage. A striker will obv come in next and then we are pretty much good to go for the qualifiers. Then I expect loan signings when the EPL teams are back in training.

We also need to consider who is leaving before we can finalise things.

It might be that Morelos doesn't go and, on that basis, we don't sign a new striker.

It's all going to take time.

Thankfully, I'm delighted the the main three issues (GK and 2 x CH) has been addressed massively right away.
I would be happier for us to concentrate on that for the time in Spain.

Gerrard, Allen & the rest of the scouting team will be working round the clock to get the right players in, and with the team back training, Gerrard will probably be thinking of who he wants rid of as well.

6 players by 15th June and you're feeling disappointed? Away and have a can of juice ya zoomer.

The middle of the parks is a weak area for us get walked over and dominated in there even by poor to average teams.

That's because we were set up wrong by a clueless manager and were 2 vs 3. The teams outplaying us in the middle weren't doing so with better players!

Only six players in, it's so uninspiring and underwhelming.

The window has been open for over 5 days.

Rangers, dae mare hings and dae it faster :mad:
We have signed a player for every day that the transfer window has been opened. We should continue in this vain and hope that most of these players are of excellent quality in the 5 million each bracket.

I’m delighted with business so far, but I feel there is much MUCH more to come and the real marquee signings will happen later in the window.

Think he will want to see players up close and in person now before deciding where he needs additions.

Spain will probably be where he really starts to scrutinise the squad.

To be fair mate, I think a lot of the walking over was as much down to system rather than just personnel.

Might be far to optimistic, but if we went into next season without much change in central midfield I wouldn't lose my shit.

I don't include halliday as an option in there.

To be fair mate, I think a lot of the walking over was as much down to system rather than just personnel.

Might be far to optimistic, but if we went into next season without much change in central midfield I wouldn't lose my shit.

I don't include halliday as an option in there.

Fair enough we all have differing opinions but I think Gerrard will strengthen in the middle.

Back