“banter year”

Caldow1872

is it just me that finds this term annoying?

To me it’s been 6 years of sub standard pathetic performances from us, from finishing 3rd two years in a row with triple the budget, to finishing 3rd in the championship, then the play-off final against Motherwell, draws and loses against the likes of Stirling Albion & 3 attempts to win a Ransdens cup.

That isn’t banter to me, it’s an embarrassment

This isn’t for an argument just everyone’s opinion, as it is a forum haha!

We all differ in opinions but want the same thing

Become an admin and you can make a pinned post about it and ban users for all the patter you don’t agree with :D

Sure there was one the other day about an old woman or something?

Where’s that pesky ninja emoji when you need him?

Last edited:
Exactly, can't change what happened.

We followed up and down the country enduring some utter guff showing we're the biggest and most loyal support in the country and they hate it.
It’s been a long haul following everywhere but you can’t pick and choose when you support us. ST holder since 5 27 now

Anyway no arguments, Let’s GO

Our support has changed to a degree. We now have a following of youngsters who won’t have any real recollection of us winning anything, it’s spawned a different type of mentality and it seems to have manifested itself on social media and this site.

That period needs to be irradiated and confined to the dark days of our history. I’ll never look back fondly on “the journey” and I’ll never find anything remotely funny in “the banter years”

Our support has changed to a degree. We now have a following of youngsters who won’t have any real recollection of us winning anything, it’s spawned a different type of mentality and it seems to have manifested itself on social media and this site.

That period needs to be irradiated and confined to the dark days of our history. I’ll never look back fondly on “the journey” and I’ll never find anything remotely funny in “the banter years”

Our RSC had some fantastic day trips to the lower leagues mate.

I look upon them a a celebration of our survival against ALL the odds.

It didn't instill a 'siege mentality' as the media like to portray it. It instilled a detestation of the league we play in and the authorities that run it.

That is something I relish. The opposite of Banter.

Affirmation of what we have always believed. No one likes us. We couldn't give a fúck.

We won every league that we played in and the petrofac cup, whilst admittedly not something that you want to shout about it does put us in a unique category of having won every league and cup in the country.

It didn't instill a 'siege mentality' as the media like to portray it. It instilled a detestation of the league we play in and the authorities that run it.

Affirmation of what we have always believed. No one likes us. We couldn't give a fúck.

I get where you’re coming from George. I celebrated goals against Berwick & bit my nails v Peterhead. But it’s a period we should have been kicking on for 4IAR and beyond. I wanted to be celebrating goals and biting my nails in the Champions League, not being at the Forthbank Stadium. There was a novelty, but for me it didn’t compensate for being where we should have been had we not been absolutely shafted.

Think it’s a case of “if you didn’t laugh you’d cry”.

It was a horrendous time, but are we just supposed to be depressed all the time?

is it just me that finds this term annoying?

To me it’s been 6 years of sub standard pathetic performances from us, from finishing 3rd two years in a row with triple the budget, to finishing 3rd in the championship, then the play-off final against Motherwell, draws and loses against the likes of Stirling Albion & 3 attempts to win a Ransdens cup.

That isn’t banter to me, it’s an embarrassment

It made us love the club more.

“The famous”

“The banter years”

“The blue pound”

“Eh I thought they’d have signed Dembele”

“Eh I can’t wait till ‘insert players name’ does Broon”

“Eh I thought they’d have appointed Brenda haha”

All of the above make me cringe a bit.
Why?

Things make you cringe easily.

How would you choose to describe the period between 2012 - 2018?

A fucking nightmare is how I'd describe it. Sometimes I've wondered if we'd ever come out of it and it's only now with the appointment of SG I can see light at the end of the tunnel. There's been very little to enjoy over the last 6 years and "banter" is not a term I'd use to describe what we've had to put up with. The next Championship will be one of the best ever for me, a real GIRFUY moment to stick up the noses of those that tried and failed to kill us.

Back