“Brendan didn’t shout at us”

Coza

According to Frank Macavennie when Lennon was going off his head at half time this was the reply of one of the “senior players” on Sunday.

According to twitter the player in question was Callum McGregor. I have said before, with all the expected departures, I fully expect Forrest or McGregor (if not both) to want to go south this summer. Their new manager has a huge rebuild on their hands and issues galore on that changing room.

Was told yesterday Lennon and McGregor hate each other and it all stems from his first spell in charge where he packed him off to Notts County out the road. If Lennon stays, McGregor wants out.

Allegedly the training and atmosphere have went down the toilet since Lennon arrived.

Was told yesterday Lennon and McGregor hate each other and it all stems from his first spell in charge where he packed him off to Notts County out the road. If Lennon stays, McGregor wants out.

Allegedly the training and atmosphere have went down the toilet since Lennon arrived.

I have absolutely no ITK sources of any kind... Except in this case. It's part of the reason, if you look through my post history, that I am desperate that TLRB gets the gig permanently.

Going off your head Shouting at players and expecting results is a thing of the past and probably only hurts their confidence in some players.

I remember reading Fergie picked his battles wisely. He would shout at some players then move onto the next and be super calm, depending on how they'd react to it/which method would get the most out of them.

Going off your head Shouting at players and expecting results is a thing of the past and probably only hurts their confidence in some players.

I remember reading Fergie picked his battles wisely. He would shout at some players then move onto the next and be super calm, depending on how they'd react to it/which method would get the most out of them.
I was discussing Lennon with my Tim mate tonight and he is concerned about Lennon getting the job as he will get rid of good football for a team full of try hards. What I will say is that I can see the likes of Lennon having an impact going into a mentally challenged team who were poor and needed a boot up the arse but he has taken over a successful team yet still playing the angry man.
I’d love him to get the job.

Pleasing to hear of rifts at the knew camp.

Although in fairness if we were getting dominated the way they did on Sunday I'd fully expect a strong half time team talk. Their players either don't give a %^*& or think they're bigger than lennon. Either way it's good news.

Don't think a temp manager shouting will do him any good - it only kind of works if you hold all the power and there's a consequence for the players to you losing the plot. The lurgan bigot doesn't have that luxury.

Mind you McGregor has been an absolute passenger the last 2 games at Ibrox - hasn't been alone but noticeable how much we have played round that midfield with complete ease.

Shouting is the least of their worries with him. Hitting the booze even more by all accounts.
Had a look at one of their forums and the implications were that he was meant to cut back the booze, that only lasted a few weeks and the players find him less than though vs Brenda in preparation.

The coaching staff that mattered walked when Rodgers did and all that is left is the guys that were running the youth team and new guys like Damien Duff who immediately got a promotion.

Their recruitment staff were given an open invitation and seemed to have jumped this week, almost at the same time that "possible targets" have cooled their rhetoric in the press.

Also, Lennon booted out most of their recovery team in the sports science department last week. No reason other than because he is Lennon.

Now he is alienating "senior players" by giving them a bollocking?

It's as if someone drew me up a "wish list" and he was ticking every box.

According to Frank Macavennie when Lennon was going off his head at half time this was the reply of one of the “senior players” on Sunday.

According to twitter the player in question was Callum McGregor. I have said before, with all the expected departures, I fully expect Forrest or McGregor (if not both) to want to go south this summer. Their new manager has a huge rebuild on their hands and issues galore on that changing room.
No way would a pro player say that in any dressing room.

No way would a pro player say that in any dressing room.

Well that’s what McAvennie has said happened.

I can imagine something like the following while Lennon is going nuts and maybe singling out CM for being particusly
Shit and saying something like “you haven’t played this bad for 2 years why starts now?” And that’s when CM says something like “yeah well Brendan didn’t shout at us”.

I take it you heard him say that on open goal, he also said the bheasts were appointing a high profile manager

Don't think a temp manager shouting will do him any good - it only kind of works if you hold all the power and there's a consequence for the players to you losing the plot. The lurgan bigot doesn't have that luxury.

Mind you McGregor has been an absolute passenger the last 2 games at Ibrox - hasn't been alone but noticeable how much we have played round that midfield with complete ease.
Thought he'd already gone,:)) and Rogic got the message the times are changing, and the Tims are shiting themselves.

That's a shame, I want that cnt to get the job. News like this slims those chances.

Can’t imagine it’s all that comfortable being a Celtic player at the moment, what with certain going-ons.

Add to that Lennon the utter psycho! Bet a few want out!

Back