“Brendan didn’t shout at us”

I know nothing of what's going on at their place. What I do know is that Lennon's mini rant yesterday was that of a man on the edge, a man who knows he's almost certainly missing out on his dream job.

It's unfortunate. You just know the Board will know what is going on and to protect the good name of Celtic and the players - they will take action.

Oh wait a minute.....

According to Frank Macavennie when Lennon was going off his head at half time this was the reply of one of the “senior players” on Sunday.

According to twitter the player in question was Callum McGregor. I have said before, with all the expected departures, I fully expect Forrest or McGregor (if not both) to want to go south this summer. Their new manager has a huge rebuild on their hands and issues galore on that changing room.
Said during game that they don’t want to play for Lennon

Maybe what the lad was trying to say.
Brenda would be on the Tactics Board trying to out think our brilliant Manager.
Meanwhile TLB is trashing the dressing room and spitting all over the players shouting get out there and kill those orange bastards.
I could be wrong.

Bunch of pussies crying because the manager demanded more from them

I'd imagine it wasn't the shouting at them, more than torrent of abuse from a manager who took them to go on a two day drinking bender the previous weekend and then called them out for it when it suited him.

I don't think players are bothered about raised voices if it's constructive. I'd imagine Lennon falls into the "yooz are aw useless cuntz" category. At some point players tune out. It took the Hibs players just under 3 years. It took the Tims two months.

Lennon has serious issues

You just know he is an angry shouty manager who cannot help himself and the mhedia here portray him as a “passionate” person but in today’s football world that behaviour won’t work

Pity he’s not getting the job as he’s taken them backwards

Didn’t like Lennon for loaning him out? Could argue that helped his career

The loan wasn't set up for McGregor's benefit. It was so his manager didn't need to see him every day.

If Lennon stayed in 2014 then McGregor wouldn't be there today.

Unfortunately there's not a hope in hell they're keeping that utter mess of a guy.

I also reckon there's no way they're appointing Moyes. He's dire. I think there's more chance of him going to Kilmarnock.

I pray Lennon gets the gig next year. There never in history has ever been a person more perfect for a club. A horrible classless smelly tramp. he is Celtic to the core that there is no denying.

Honestly, there's pretty much no Celtic fan I've encountered in recent weeks who wouldn't be livid if Lennon got the job. They have no time for him and are convinced it will be the end of any hope of ten in a row.

If they offer it to Moyes, he'd bite their hand off. He's a guy who's had as high profile a management job as he ever could have hoped for and it went disastrously wrong. He's achieved nothing of note since, is out of work, yet for CFC he'd be considered a big name appointment.

He's another Brenda in the sense he has a career he needs to rebuild and could see the Celtic job as a high profile enough window to act as a stepping stone back to where he wants to be (EPL) if he gets it right.

Picking up a treble-winning team (three times over likely) and with a head-start is a no-brainer for him.

Bunch of pussies crying because the manager demanded more from them

I'd imagine players will generally not be that averse to a bollocking from their gaffer if they respect him. The Fergusons, Smiths, Wallaces, etc would have commanded enough reverential respect from their squads that when they shouted, the team listened.

TLB is just an angry, incoherent, rage machine with emotional issues and a refusal to accept responsibility for his own fck ups. His team probably despise having to answer to him and when he loses his rag will have little time for anything he's spitting at them.

The last thing we should want is Lennon staying. A crap manager, but we know he'll turn up the victimhood and his media pals will oblige him at every turn. Same with the politicians. Look how the media have done their bidding this week - the bbc running a puff piece on their charity work, ffs. Clyde saying it's not a sports story

Anyway, Liewell has more chance of hiring a Deila than a Rodgers, especially if money is tight. I doubt there's much to worry about if Lennon goes

The last thing we should want is Lennon staying. A crap manager, but we know he'll turn up the victimhood and his media pals will oblige him at every turn. Same with the politicians. Look how the media have done their bidding this week - the bbc running a puff piece on their charity work, ffs. Clyde saying it's not a sports story

Anyway, Liewell has more chance of hiring a Deila than a Rodgers, especially if money is tight. I doubt there's much to worry about if Lennon goes

Whilst I get the potential for media spin, his incompetence to maintain and manage this team mean I definitely want him to get it.

This season we had 3 away games as a new team to start, including a game at parkhead. This year Lennon would be guiding a team who doesn't trust him in to these games whilst Rangers are more stable and will won't have to go away to the sheep pen or san giro in the opening few weeks.

Great chance for us to come out strong.

tPvAjEJ.gif

Going off your head Shouting at players and expecting results is a thing of the past and probably only hurts their confidence in some players.

I remember reading Fergie picked his battles wisely. He would shout at some players then move onto the next and be super calm, depending on how they'd react to it/which method would get the most out of them.

Hit some with a pair of football boots.

Very reliable source said TTS just made them dress as ladies and pumped them. Tierney always had a smile on his face when he was in drag... here’s the proof!

EgLxOt9.jpg

Don't think a temp manager shouting will do him any good - it only kind of works if you hold all the power and there's a consequence for the players to you losing the plot. The lurgan bigot doesn't have that luxury.

Mind you McGregor has been an absolute passenger the last 2 games at Ibrox - hasn't been alone but noticeable how much we have played round that midfield with complete ease.

He pulled off a magnificent save in the game just before New Year

Moyes has been in Glasgow this week - I expect Lennon will get the gig if he wins the cup.

I have mixed emotions.

Know what they mean. I work for a family firm and they are mental.
One minute your pal and then they go off their head shouting.
I take the money but won't do anything for them like overtime.
Why shouldn't footballers down tools like a lot of us.

Back