Middleton(Loan)
Murphy
Hastie (Loan)
Grezda
Dodoo
Lafferty

Then bring in Kent and possibly a striker

Some not very clever people on this forum

Halliday ain't going nowhere, he is 2nd choice left back and can also fill in the midfield.

he isn't 2nd choice left back though, he is prob third behind Flanagan and he's well down the pecking order in midfield.

10 To go
Firth
Polster
Docherty on loan - I’d like to keep him but ...
Dorrans
Holt
Hastie on loan
Dodoo
Middleton on loan
Grezda
Lafferty

Personally I’d try and get Middleton and Docherty out on loan and either sell or loan Alnwick, Dorrans, Holt, Dodoo, Grezda and Lafferty (preferably to SPL teams).

Isn’t Herrera still on the books as well? He also falls into this category. Hastie left today as well.

I made that mistake as well - it was Hardie - and have been corrected [amicably] by multiple posters, so you can expect numerous 'alerts'.

League games,2 domestic cups,European fixtures,injuries, suspensions, we need more than 24 players to cover a full season, probably 28.

Some not very clever people on this forum

Halliday ain't going nowhere, he is 2nd choice left back and can also fill in the midfield.
This time last year Halliday was the one player I wanted moved on most.

But he's turned it around and while he is not good enough to be a regular starter in a strong Rangers side challenging for titles he is a more than adequate cover for LB and midfield.

Plenty others to be moved on before Halliday.

I wouldn't be getting rid of Haliday or Flanagan, both fantastic options for the squad throughout a season

Alnwyck
Polster
Holt
Dorrans
Middleton
Lafferty
Grezda
Dodoo

That's 24.
As many on loan as possible, but definitely Polster and Middleton. Polster preferably to a Glasgow team, so the wife can still come to the games.

I would also consider loaning Hastie, if it doesn't look like he'll get many games.
The sale of Morelos would throw a wrench in these plans. We'd obviously need to add a striker at that point.

Can’t see Polster getting loaned out when over-running Tav remains one of our biggest risks. Could see a lot more rotation and 30 minute cameos for him over a season

Can’t see Polster getting loaned out when over-running Tav remains one of our biggest risks. Could see a lot more rotation and 30 minute cameos for him over a season
That's why you keep Flanagan and Halliday. They'd be your back-up full-backs. Personally i'd prefer Polster to both, but they're both SG favorites.

That's why you keep Flanagan and Halliday. They'd be your back-up full-backs. Personally i'd prefer Polster to both, but they're both SG favorites.
Would definitely prefer having a dedicated backup rather than a utility player. Guess we’ll see from the Thursday/ Sunday games

It was made public a while ago now that Gredza, Lafferty, Dorrans, Dodoo and Holt were surplus to requirements. Hopefully their agents can get enough interest from somewhere soon and we're not having to accept loan deals late in the window.

It's getting someone to absorb their wage that's the issue

Back