“Hibs fan fights with Rangers star James Tavernier”

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
This is how the Express have chosen to report last nights attack on our captain. Just as disgusting as BBC Scotlands reporting of it.

The selective reporting of yet another attack on a Rangers player by the Scottish media is an absolute disgrace.

Will it take one of our players to get bottled / slashed or the like before they report on such incidents properly.

Compare and contrast to when similar happened to Lennon. An equally appalling incident, but one that whipped the Scottish press into a frenzy and was reported very differently.

This country really is a fûcking cesspit at times.

There's been more public comment by politicians regarding a banner concerning Steve Clarke. In fact, has any of them said anything about the thug on the touchline at Easter Road ?

That's a good point, it's been said many times but if that Buckfast bottle had been launched at an opposing player at Ibrox then one of our fans squaring up to the opposition captain then we'd be seeing a far different narrative being presented at the moment, possibly even political involvement :rolleyes:

The press are making it out as though Tav had some sort of square go on the street rather than a scumbag Hibs supporter leaving the stand to attack him whilst he was essentially working.

To be honest I wouldn't have blamed Tav, or any player confronted by a fan, if he'd decked the prick.

Tavernier was well within his rights to push the wee shit bag away for his own protection.

The young boy is out on bail for GBH (alleg) he is from Port Seton, I would imagine he won’t see outside Saughton for a wee while.
Looked like he couldn't fight sleep to me , was his assault charge against a 3 year old.

As for the reporting , why the surprise, it was a Rangers player on the end of the spoon burners bile.

Full credit to Tav for standing up and putting the shite up the thug but I kind of wish he had went down and did the full Lennon at the first contact,The fact he manned up has worked against him and the thug will get less stick than he deserves,He would probably get more if he had spat on a priest.

To be honest I wouldn't have blamed Tav, or any player confronted by a fan, if he'd decked the prick.

Tavernier was well within his rights to push the wee shit bag away for his own protection.
I was shouting at The tv.hook the wee bastard tav

There's been more public comment by politicians regarding a banner concerning Steve Clarke. In fact, has any of them said anything about the thug on the touchline at Easter Road ?

Wee noddys man is a hiv, so maybe expect a wider condemnation of general football misdemeanours rather than the spoonburner being condemned individually.

Full credit to Tav for standing up and putting the shite up the thug but I kind of wish he had went down and did the full Lennon at the first contact,The fact he manned up has worked against him and the thug will get less stick than he deserves,He would probably get more if he had spat on a priest.

That guy got 10 months I'm sure, what's the betting this assault get community service?

The footage on the BBC has been edited to show Tav pushing the hivs fan but not the fan coming onto the pith and attacking Tav. Unbelievable.

Just saw your post, was going to mention that myself. It does show it later but definitely suspect.

Last edited:
The guy is a proper shite bag.As soon as Tav looked like he was about to defend himself the prik starts that backward walking thing while at the same time trying to look hard.
Used to see this quite a lot at the dancing back in the 70s two pished guys about to have a go then quickly sober up and do a bit of backward dancing in the hope that their mates would "haud them back".Ten minutes later they are bragging about what they would have done.Aye right.

The BBC even commended the police on arriving quickly and doing their job. If they'd done their job properly to begin the cunt wouldn't have even got on the pitch.

Back