“Hibs fan fights with Rangers star James Tavernier”

Maybe a blue tinted opinion but the incident was worse than what happened to Lennon at Tynecastle all those years ago.

The perpetrator made it to Tavernier and made contact with him. It should be front page news. If it isn't because he plays for Rangers then is it because he's black? Whatever way you look at it, action needs taking.

What was the reporting like when a hearts fan attacked Lennon at Tynecastle ?

We all know the answer.

We haven’t even had a statement from the club after our Captain was attacked.

Roberson should have been in front of the cameras and all over this directing the narrative.

Guys, this is so much more than hibs fans/tav! Shi#t like this is absolutely destroying the name of every SPL team throughout Europe (I spend my time Scotland/Spain 50/50). Thugs, regardless of which team they follow, are making other countries think of us the way they think of English fans. I dread the effect.

BBC Scotland made a joke saying he had a better 1st touch than Alfie this is what we are up against in this snp shitehole!

Can you remember which programme that was and roughly how long into the show or what time that happened?

That’s exactly the sort of stuff that we all need to complain about to demonstrate the BBC CSC’s lack of editorial impartiality.

Can you remember which programme that was and roughly how long into the show or what time that happened?

That’s exactly the sort of stuff that we all need to complain about to demonstrate the BBC CSC’s lack of editorial impartiality.

Exactly Arminius.

This is how the Express have chosen to report last nights attack on our captain. Just as disgusting as BBC Scotlands reporting of it.

The selective reporting of yet another attack on a Rangers player by the Scottish media is an absolute disgrace.

Will it take one of our players to get bottled / slashed or the like before they report on such incidents properly.

Compare and contrast to when similar happened to Lennon. An equally appalling incident, but one that whipped the Scottish press into a frenzy and was reported very differently.

This country really is a fûcking cesspit at times.
BBC blacking out the neds face while the guy that attacked lennon was all over it, shouldnt belong till we have a name of the spoon burner

The young boy is out on bail for GBH (alleg) he is from Port Seton, I would imagine he won’t see outside Saughton for a wee while.

You don't get GHB in Scotland.

Unbelievable that he went to all that trouble and bottled it against Tav. Tav isn't that much of a big lad BUT the wee bigot that approached him looked like a 8 stone junkie.

Tav would have killed him. My worry is that he could have had a knife and those bastards would love to be that guy that plugged the huns captain, that's how much they all hate us.

You don't get GHB in Scotland.

Unbelievable that he went to all that trouble and bottled it against Tav. Tav isn't that much of a big lad BUT the wee bigot that approached him looked like a 8 stone junkie.

Tav would have killed him. My worry is that he could have had a knife and those bastards would love to be that guy that plugged the huns captain, that's how much they all hate us.

Still waiting on something being done about the hibs thugs who attacked our players and fans on the Hampden pitch in that cup final.
Maybe they come under the same protection as the untouchables.

I had it on background be about 1200 on BBC Scotland they were reading messages sent in I could not believe what I heard.

I listen now and then but now won't be as that was the most pish thing I've heard if it had been a poet player attacked be no laughing matter!

This is how the Express have chosen to report last nights attack on our captain. Just as disgusting as BBC Scotlands reporting of it.

The selective reporting of yet another attack on a Rangers player by the Scottish media is an absolute disgrace.

Will it take one of our players to get bottled / slashed or the like before they report on such incidents properly.

Compare and contrast to when similar happened to Lennon. An equally appalling incident, but one that whipped the Scottish press into a frenzy and was reported very differently.

This country really is a fûcking cesspit at times.
If by ‘at times’ you mean all the time.

Lennon was just about knocked unconscious with a coin. If it was him last night he would be in a coma just now! .....and if it was not green mob the mhedia would be in bigotry printing mode for a week.

Don't know how many times I've seen that bottle throwing incident on tv this week involving Sinclair, maybe about 15 to 20 times? I've yet to see a replay never mind a slo-mo of the attack on Tavernier, not that I really want.
Point being that if you assault a Celtic player or Lennon (same thing) or sing a song about Clarke (mentally challenged) the media go full retard over it, when it's a Rangers player it gets far much less exposure from the journo bigots.

Honestly, if it was Tav v the 8 stone Junkie in reality it would likely be the hospital or the morgue for the junkie rather than a jail cell.

Meeting a judge in the morning is better than meeting a coroner, although the latter is probably not so far away for him.

I heard the life expectancy of the average Hibs fan was 39. It was a Jambo that told me that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

From BBC.

The man attempted to kick the ball away from Tavernier as he moved to pick it up to take a throw in.

The two then laid hands on each other before the fan was led away by police.

Telegraph.

The menacing fan behaviour that has disfigured Scottish football this season took its most sinister turn yet at Easter Road on Friday night when a hoodie-wearing fan confronted James Tavernier of Rangers on the pitch and laid hands on the Ibrox captain before being subdued by stewards and police.

Get the two reports into the file Rangers...Sinister how it's differing.

From BBC.

The man attempted to kick the ball away from Tavernier as he moved to pick it up to take a throw in.

Telegraph.

The menacing fan behaviour that has disfigured Scottish football this season took its most sinister turn yet at Easter Road on Friday night when a hoodie-wearing fan confronted James Tavernier of Rangers on the pitch and laid hands on the Ibrox captain before being subdued by stewards and police.

"A junkie, hate-filled prick ran down the stairs, and cheered by Hibs fans in the crowd, kicked the ball away violently to try and unsettle the Rangers captain before having a pop at him. The Rangers captain then looked at the junkie and the junkie, whilst shitting himself, thought the Rangers captain would restrain himself. This Tav did with decorum whilst shaking his head and the junkie thanked God the cops were taking him away. Meanwhile, the Hibs fans who were cheering the Junkie shat themselves when the Rangers fans in the nearby stand ran to the front to protect their captain. In fact, three rows of Hibs fans immediately ran from their seats, whilst the Rangers fans politely asked "What the feck?"

Stevie221 news, more accurate than the bloody media.

From BBC.

Telegraph.

Lennon was " assaulted " by a Hearts fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13940373

Tavernier was " confronted " by a Hibs fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47504169

Quite incredible the differing tone in both articles from the same BBC Scotland.

Been working for the past few days so not sure of there's a decent record of this incident online. Noticed that the usual suspects are talking it down and using selective editing.
Here's the full thing. Sound deleted as usual as the BT com adds nothing

The footage on the BBC has been edited to show Tav pushing the hivs fan but not the fan coming onto the pith and attacking Tav. Unbelievable.

I havent seen it but they did the same with TLB. The only difference being they edited out the bit where TLB was kicking the guy as he lay helpless on the ground.

Any mention of the attack on Tav being motivated by racism or sectarianism?

Lennon was " assaulted " by a Hearts fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13940373

Tavernier was " confronted " by a Hibs fan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47504169

Quite incredible the differing tone in both articles from the same BBC Scotland.

Lennon: attacked, assaulted, due to religious prejudice, throw in at the end in an article nothing to do with them, that Rangers have in the past received a £4000 fine from UEFA, which is in some way ‘similar’ to a £40,000 fine the scum just received for attacking a player.

Tavernier: confronted, laid hands on each other, throw in that a scum player had a bottle thrown at him, using just ten words less to actually describe the two incidents, and still conveniently forget to mention the bottle thrown from the scum support that night.

If you look at it he seems to go to his back pocket, probably used to carrying a knife most days, of course it would never be reported if he was

You are spot on with that mate.

I watched the game in Glasgow with a pal and we were both convinced that the little shit put his hand to his pocket.

I genuinely thought he was reaching for a blade though my mate suggested that the wee prick was looking for a phone to photograph Tav having the temerity to shove him back.

remember Andy Goram giving one of them a doing when he was attacked a few years ago. As has been said they have lots of previous, yet the Police put all their resources into standing in front of The Bears - Joke!

Keevins said on Snyde today that Stevie should have taken the players off to highlight the lack of security for the players

See this is what I would have done (and probably why I'll never manage a football team :D) but I would have thrown such a bitch fit and pulled the players off and turned the eyes of the world on our poxy league.

Back