“I’d like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome

All managers do this. He's just trying to keep his players heads up. I'd not read too much into it. I don't think for a second he thinks they should have got anything from that game.

There was a recent wee mini love-in here for Levein after a couple of comments against the mentally challengeds in recent times.

The guy is, always has been and always will be an utter c.unt. Despicable character. Any semblance of a love-in stops - and it stops now !! He's an arsehole.

Leveins message is aimed at his own team imho. A good bit of management to over play their performance. We should have been 5or 6 up by half time.

Stevie G has to realise that we get no respect from any of these teams. Rather than taking the foot off the gas we should have just steam-rollered them and kept the tempo up with fresher players.

FFS they think it was an even game and that we were lucky.

IMHO fartz were lucky to finish with 10 on tbe park

They went unpunished far too often & showed themselves to have all the hammer-throwing skills of livingstone, with a bit (not a whole lot) more footballing skill

When we stood up to their bullying they didn't really know what to do & didn't have anything recognisable as a plan B

Avril's stats are all wrong - our possession & shots on target ratio far outweighed them - but when did the truth ever matter to levein ?

A right load of sour grapes, inaccuracies and spite from him - again

We stopped playing when they went down to 10. For 60 minutes before that they couldnt get near us.
He knows it, we know it, his players know it.

Usual pish from him to appease their fans.

Tbf, he's always going to highlight what he feels are the positives and grudge the negatives isn't he?

The outrage on here at this is amusing to say the least.

I could equally point to our defensive lapses that gave Hearts their two first half chances.

Our throw in straight to a Hearts player that led to Naeshame's chance.

Worral getting turned by John Coffey for his chance.

Hearts did'nae work for those chances either. Twat.

Haha - shout out for the Green Mile reference, good comparison to their big unit up top and raised a smile on a miserable Monday morning.

Re Leveins comments, nothing really to get worked up about imo. Just pandering to his support, he knows fine well that we blew them away first half. I actually thought Hearts did play decent in patches, created a few chances first half and did well to stay in it second half (even though we were tiring badly).

Levein 2.0 is still alright in my book, actually looking forward to their upcoming fixtures against Hivs and Timothy so that he can continue to rile them up, he's getting quite good at it these days...

He is correct in what he said no two games are ever the same, if it was played again today perhaps we wouldn’t take our foot off the gas .
There is more chance of us having a positive result than his team doesn’t matter how many times the game is played because we have better players we were at home and just like his team we had belief we would win.

"You look at every goal that is scored, of you trace it back far enough someone has made a mistake somewhere.:

Talk about stating the bloody obvious

Must be a yesser. Just keep repeating until you get the result you want.

If we played them again it we would probably put 6 or 7 past them.

FFS!! Must have watched a different game than me?...On a few occasions we passed them off the park..As for Shagger and his saves?.That's what he is there for

Tbf, he's always going to highlight what he feels are the positives and grudge the negatives isn't he?

The outrage on here at this is amusing to say the least.
Which is pretty much what I said.

My comment you higlighted was said with a shrug of the shoulders.

Perhaps you're looking for outrage where there is none. My general impression of the rest of the thread is one of mocking not anger.

Of course he's going to say that. Our group watching the game were moaning about how poor we were the last half hour. At some point you have to give some credit to Hearts. They're a more talented Motherwell, with a lot of physical play. You don't win 13 in-a-row without being a decent side. I wouldn't dismiss them based on our excellent first half performance. I expect they'll be around the top 4 most of the season.

But Levein was encouraged by the second-half performance when they scored after being reduced to ten men.

And he said: “I’d like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome.

“I think we had as good chances today as I’ve ever had, coming to Ibrox.

“Allan McGregor’s had a couple of fantastic saves.

“In terms of possession there wasn’t much in it, and we had 40 minutes with ten men.

“With chances, there was nothing much in it.

“With shots on target I think was six to four

“We shot ourselves in the foot today and gave Rangers the impetus they needed early on in the match. Once we scored and got back to 3-1 you saw how nervous they were. They had the extra man and just punted it long.

“I just wish we’d had the extra man on the field for those last 20 minutes or so.

“You look at every goal that is scored, of you trace it back far enough someone has made a mistake somewhere.

“With the first goal from the free-kick, we just got it wrong.

“We’ve worked that particular situation quite well in the past so you have to take it on the chin.

“One player didn’t come out.

“For me it’s a gift

“I think they came out so far that once the offside wasn’t given there was no chance to recover.

“This game today for me was about being solid, creating opportunities and taking them and putting pressure on Rangers. We didn’t manage to get everything in the right order.

“It’s disappointing because today I felt we had a real chance of picking up three points.

“I thought our play was good enough to pick up all three points if we hadn’t gifted goals to Rangers.

“If Rangers had had to work for their goals that would have been slightly different.

“That’s disappointing for me and in the dressing room the players are exactly the same. They know themselves it was a missed opportunity.

“We’re keen to play Rangers again just to prove ourselves.”

“If Rangers had had to work for their goals that would have been slightly different.

“That’s disappointing for me and in the dressing room the players are exactly the same. They know themselves it was a missed opportunity.

“We’re keen to play Rangers again just to prove ourselves.”
15f4weu.jpg

Back