“I’d like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome

They seem to be totally deluded. My cousins who are Jambos texted to say they were the better team. Absolute clowns the lot of them.

He has a point on another day Alan McGregor doesn’t makes 2/3 good saves and they do
Score 3 or 4.........but sadly for Levein on that same day we don’t take our foot off the gas and we score 8. His defender doesn’t head one of the line, Goldson doesn’t miss an open goal, we also stop the let’s score a nice goal mode we went into and just ruthlessly slaughter them.

There was a huge gulf between the teams and they only played once down to ten men which tells you more about our players attitude at that point in the game than theirs.

But I like this narrative. Let’s just keep winning games. Get the away monkey of our back versus Hamilton and just creep up that table until they have to face the truth at the end of their nose. Steven Gerrard has in two months built a very competitive rangers side that will be close this year.

Best Hamilton and we leap frog Celtic or hibs I the table.

Don't really see what he has said wrong to be honest

McGregor made 2 fantastic saves early on and then we capatilized on our chances

McGregor will win us a lot of points
Well for starters Avril thinks there wasn’t much in it in terms of possession.He,so f ucking wrong.

He is Hearts manager. It's his job to pick up his team after a bad result. If this is his way of doing that I'm not going to call him deluded etc. We'd expect the same from our manager.

They have twisted his words about to make look like he is saying hard done by

His interview after game was pretty honest and summed it up apart from the I'd like to play it again see the result

He said it was onside first goal and called it a gift which it was tbh

The sending off actually changed the game as we stopped pressing and started passing about and not pressing or being as direct but we still had chances to score more

Over all was a good game

In fairness to him it could have been 2 each after 5 mins but we did blow them away after that until getting a bit nervy at 3 1.

That’s probably the most attacking display I’ve seen from one of his teams at Ibrox.

We deserved to win comfortably but our first two goals were gifts. He’s bought well and they’ll be a real threat.

Well for starters Avril thinks there wasn’t much in it in terms of possession.He,so f ucking wrong.
And mentions how nervous we were at 3-1. So nervous, in fact, that Hearts didn't have another shot until the free kick in the last minute.

Don’t agree with his assessment but will say this for them, they’re a tough side to play against. We dealt with them brilliantly but most other sides won’t be able to.

It’s a horribly effective brand of football, brutal to watch but it’ll get them lots of points. Their big CF is a monster, absolutely solid (until he wants a free kick/pen).

A strong hearts side is no bad thing for us IMO, but will be a right tough shift when we go to Tynecastle. Can see them making it to LC final.

I was impressed by them in many ways. Whilst they have a physical and strong team, they're not just launching long balls or the likes.

We had to play very well to do that to them and we forced them to play a bit more direct at times. If they keep that sort of level up consistently, they'll do well this season.

CRAIG LEVEIN was left wishing Hearts could play Rangers AGAIN.

The Jambos boss was gutted by the way his side defended at Ibrox after conceding three cheap goals inside 32 minutes

But Levein was encouraged by the second-half performance when they scored after being reduced to ten men.

And he said: “I’d like that game again, in all honestly, because I think it would have been a different outcome.

“I think we had as good chances today as I’ve ever had, coming to Ibrox.

“Allan McGregor’s had a couple of fantastic saves.

“In terms of possession there wasn’t much in it, and we had 40 minutes with ten men.

With chances, there was nothing much in it.

“With shots on target I think was six to four

We shot ourselves in the foot today and gave Rangers the impetus they needed early on in the match. Once we scored and got back to 3-1 you saw how nervous they were. They had the extra man and just punted it long.

“I just wish we’d had the extra man on the field for those last 20 minutes or so.

“You look at every goal that is scored, of you trace it back far enough someone has made a mistake somewhere.

“With the first goal from the free-kick, we just got it wrong.

“We’ve worked that particular situation quite well in the past so you have to take it on the chin.

“One player didn’t come out.

“For me it’s a gift.

“I think they came out so far that once the offside wasn’t given there was no chance to recover.

“This game today for me was about being solid, creating opportunities and taking them and putting pressure on Rangers. We didn’t manage to get everything in the right order.

“It’s disappointing because today I felt we had a real chance of picking up three points.

“I thought our play was good enough to pick up all three points if we hadn’t gifted goals to Rangers.

“If Rangers had had to work for their goals that would have been slightly different.

“That’s disappointing for me and in the dressing room the players are exactly the same. They know themselves it was a missed opportunity.

“We’re keen to play Rangers again just to prove ourselves.”

If Rangers had had to work for their goals that would have been slightly different.

That’s disappointing for me and in the dressing room the players are exactly the same. They know themselves it was a missed opportunity.

“We’re keen to play Rangers again just to prove ourselves.”

Miss read this post at first, but my post still stands true to any Jam Tarts supporters looking in.....

G T F, in the first half we ripped the shite out of your team, a goal keeper is called a goal keeper for a reason. Alan did his job today, you were extremely lucky we took our foot off the gas in the second half, which disappointed me greatly, but the game was won by then, so it was understandable.

I used to have some sympathy for your club, but after the way you treated us, remember 6 years ago, you and your like can G T F.

Have no time whatsoever for the club you support.......

Great result for us today, irrespective of how you want to dress it up.........

Last edited:
Hearts were strong, physical, aggressive and dangerous.

They will win a lot more than they lose this season.

But we are better than them.

If every good chance resulted in a goal we win that 10-3 - It wasn't close and the last 30 minutes we were very tired and it showed but still had enough to see the game out in comfort

He’s a bit of a delusional tw@t me thinks.

Mcgreggor made a couple of good saves that you would expect any decent keeper to make That’s why we have them. The remainder of the 1st half it was men v incompetent boys.

Second half fatigue set in, they were harder to break down and hit us on the counter. They were dirty b’s throughout the game.

The better team won f@nny baws!

He's always been the same, Avril.

I remember we pumped them 4-0, I think, many years ago - blew them away - and he came out with a very similar interview.

I suppose you have to admire the defiance, not a bad quality at all.
He hasn't been disrespectful.
Not like he has to the poets, so I'll just smile and nod and let him have his opinion.

I was impressed by them in many ways. Whilst they have a physical and strong team, they're not just launching long balls or the likes.

We had to play very well to do that to them and we forced them to play a bit more direct at times. If they keep that sort of level up consistently, they'll do well this season.

I agree, if they have the squad to cope with injuries/suspensions (couldn’t tell you if they do or not) then they’ll be there or thereabouts. Seem miles stronger than Aberdeen to me. Not seen enough of hibs to compare.

I love it when we skelp teams and they then bleat that it happened because they did take their chances.
That's the fricking game. Converting chances.

We were really a long distance in front of hearts today.

I still can’t believe it was 3-1 and we didn’t score six or even. We missed some gilt edged chances before we moved down the gears late on.

Can't argue with that tbh, they acquitted themselves well Still chasing the game even 3 goals and a man down. Hope they keep it up and manage to take 2nd off Celtic come May.

It was a good game today. However, dismissing our play isn't on - we could have won that game by a much higher margin if we hadn't switched off in the 2nd half.

it was disappointing to see our intensity dropping in the second half, especially after the red card

we did however have the big night on Thursday but our play was slack when we should have dominated, when we played out from the back around 70 mins and their player got in to have a clear shot at McGregor was criminal, we did the same against St Johnstone and need to cut it out

first half was outstanding though

He’s got a cheek to talk about Rangers playing the long ball. That’s all they done for 90 minutes.

If Morelos has scored the sitter he missed to make it 4-0 then we would have scored 5 or 6.

He must have been on the (salt &) sauce.
drunk-face-avril-lavigne.jpg

I thought Hearts were very disappointing against us last season, very, very negative. I was quite impressed with them today, although defensively they did gift us two of our goals.

At times the interchanges between Kent, Coulibaly, Arfield and Ejaria was a joy to watch. But we need to be more clinical and increase the quality in the final third.

and this is why the second half was dissapointing, we should have taken 6 off them and shut this rat up.

Long ball....he should keep to officiating from the touchline as he's a better as an official than a manager.

Ps get to Specsavers long ball....I never saw one long ball from us, though did see numers 4 v 2 where we should have scored.

There was a number of long balls in the 2nd half, was also disappointing we never put the game to bed when we had the chance

We should have pumped them 6 or 7 today but took foot off the gas 2nd half that’s something which SG will be looking for in future.

They have muscle, intimidation, big tall heavyweight players....but not a lot of footballing skill....we Ryan Kent was running them ragged.

He's always been the same, Avril.

I remember we pumped them 4-0, I think, many years ago - blew them away - and he came out with a very similar interview.

I suppose you have to admire the defiance, not a bad quality at all.

Chill, we love it when he winds up the unwashed.

Hearts were so blown away today that their fans forgot to sing “you let your club die” until about 70 minutes.

We gave them a mauling and it was 3-1 going on 6-0.

McGregor did make two great saves but that’s what he’s there for.

They played for 40 minutes with 10 men because they couldn’t cope with our game and had to foul us every time we had the ball

Really bothers me when people say "could've been a different game if it wasn't for McGregor" Err we have a good goalkeeper that's why he's in the team.

I watched it in the Blue Bell in Benidorm, there was 6-8 Hearts supporters there and all good guys and too a man they thought there were well fu-- so don't let anyone think otherwise that was a big victory,

Hearts definitely had chances early doors, something we have an unnerving and unsettling habit of gifting to opposing teams, St Johnstone the other week at home as another example, but it means nothing if they are not taken. A 4th goal for us and we might have stepped up a gear to batter Hearts, rather than take the foot off the gas as we did in the second half.

Last edited:
Avril is deluded, but Hearts did have two very good chances to go ahead today, only to be denied by shagger.

If we played them again another ten times in a row I'd be confident we would win them all.

So taking all things into consideration, he can %^*& off.

I wish we could replay the Livingston game again... and every other one we dropped points.

Moron.

Rangers deserved to win this match no question, but it is good that Hearts feel that they weren't that far away.
Indeed they weren't, they continued to offer danger throughout the game, however, .....so did we ....and we may well have scored more.
The real achievement for us .....was to come off a game on Thursday and carry the tempo into a game against one of the better teams in Scotland.
For us.....a fairly young squad, this is a work in progress and progress is definitely there for all to see.

However, we want Hearts to stay confident, we want them to be strong..... because a Hearts team capable of hurting the Filth is to our advantage....in my opinion.

Rangers play teams off the park don't score we get beat everyone we are shite. Rangers play team off the park win everyone we are shite.

If we never took our foot off the gas after they went down to 10 it could easily of been 6 or 7 so feck off Levein

We weren't as emphatic as we could be today. In between our goals in the first half they had a lot of possession and territory. Our manager will know that too.

It was a wonderful win and we fully deserved it but I won't be seeing it as anything other than a decent performance. This team will play much better in the coming months.

The caveat to that is we beat the team atop the league handsomely and can still play much better.

Back