“I’m happy with the team’s mentality” Clement.

He did as good as say we didn't play well, though.

But when you're not playing well, and injuries are clearly having an effect on your attacking output as you have a striker and a full back in the wide positions, winning does suggest there's positives in terms of mentality.

One thing we never seem to do is give enough credit to the opposition when we have a tough game, which Clement sees differently as well.
Very true.

I think Clements the man for us. I’ll refuse to turn on another manager until the bulk of this squad are gone.

The games we’ve lost recently haven’t been sit in and defend borefests like they usually are County in particularly had a real go and got a brilliant result as shite as that is for us.

How can he be happy with us starting EVERY early kick off in sleep mode. Every game we almost lose a goal in the opening seconds. Against the scum we did lose one.
We have a captain with zero inspirational qualities.
Despite the fact we can still win the league our players are playing with a passive style of football.

It's shocking how poor we are.
Couldn't agree anymore. It's ironic how we are in a position where we can still win the title.To go on a great run of wins in the league when PC took over and then fall to bits is criminal,I just don't understand how players can lose motivation when you have total control to win a title.

To me that’s where it’s all wrong. This team today looked half hearted,lacked urgency and desire.
The mentality is all wrong because they have no belief.
They had a good run and are capable,however that doesn’t look to come back anytime soon.
Are we going to need to see this pish every time the manager speaks? We are in a Title run in and have a cup final to play, to win a treble. Fans who expect the manager to mirror their over reactionary hyperbole, are living in cuckoo land.

Are we going to need to see this pish every time the manager speaks? We are in a Title run in and have a cup final to play, to win a treble. Fans who expect the manager to mirror their over reactionary hyperbole, are living in cuckoo land.
Are we going to win the title?

Been said already but what the manager says to the media is not going to be what the manager actually thinks. It would be counter productive to just come out after each game and say "we won but by %^*& we were shit again".

He cant come out and say the mentality is terrible, we have blown it or will again.

He has to work with these players between now and the end of the season so he is trying to keep them going as much as he can

Very true.

I think Clements the man for us. I’ll refuse to turn on another manager until the bulk of this squad are gone.

The games we’ve lost recently haven’t been sit in and defend borefests like they usually are County in particularly had a real go and got a brilliant result as shite as that is for us.

They played really well on the day, absolutely.

In my opinion, both ourselves and that lot have the same issue against the rest of the teams in the league - if we have that off day, we're dropping points. The fact we're only 3 points behind them when they've taken 6 more points in the three games against each other is evidence of how they struggle with this every bit as much (or possibly more) as we do.

No one seems to equate their dropped points as some sort of mentality issue. Maybe that's correct, but I'm inclined to believe that neither team is of the quality right now to get away with being poor in a game and having the players who dig them out. For all their weaknesses, the rest of the teams in the league are capable of making a game horrible if the circumstances are right.

Couldn't agree anymore. It's ironic how we are in a position where we can still win the title.To go on a great run of wins in the league when PC took over and then fall to bits is criminal,I just don't understand how players can lose motivation when you have total control to win a title.
It's grim but it may just be a bridge too far for us. Injuries to certain players means others have played too much.
It seemed not too long ago that we even had a strong bench, now that's depleted also.
Some players that are fit now, don't seem to be stepping up either, like Lawrence, Roofe and Raskin. Those three on paper should be a boost for us.
Celtic with the exception of a couple of weeks have been ahead at the top of table for probably 2 years, they never have to chase, we on the other hand are constantly. We could be 6 behind before our next game, its daunting and takes its toll.
I still say the Dundee debacle phucked us, it cost us momentum and our position at the top of the table.

Last edited:
They played really well on the day, absolutely.

In my opinion, both ourselves and that lot have the same issue against the rest of the teams in the league - if we have that off day, we're dropping points. The fact we're only 3 points behind them when they've taken 6 more points in the three games against each other is evidence of how they struggle with this every bit as much (or possibly more) as we do.

No one seems to equate their dropped points as some sort of mentality issue. Maybe that's correct, but I'm inclined to believe that neither team is of the quality right now to get away with being poor in a game and having the players who dig them out. For all their weaknesses, the rest of the teams in the league are capable of making a game horrible if the circumstances are right.
Agreed. I’ll never forgive the “leaders” of this team for this season. Fucking sickening we aren’t romping towards a title.

Back