“I was there” kind of night tonight

Bishybear30

A team that is the in form Portuguese team... recently beaten Porto, Sporting and Benfica. Make no mistake, this was a proper top European team we just played.

I’ve got bundles of amazing memories from over the years but tonight I watched my team come from 2-0 down to win with my son sat beside me.

Got a bruised shin from the 3rd goal celebrations and I reckon I won’t be able to speak tomorrow with my voice being left somewhere in the main stand rear.

I’ll look back at tonight and say, yep I was there when the bears done the business on the park and in the stands against a top Portuguese team bang at it.

Is it time to get on that flight yet????

I love you Rangers

A team that is the in form Portuguese team... recently beaten Porto, Sporting and Benfica. Make no mistake, this was a proper top European team we just played.

I’ve got bundles of amazing memories from over the years but tonight I watched my team come from 2-0 down to win with my son sat beside me.

Got a bruised shin from the 3rd goal celebrations and I reckon I won’t be able to speak tomorrow with my voice being left somewhere in the main stand rear.

I’ll look back at tonight and say, yep I was there when the bears done the business on the park and in the stands against a top Portuguese team bang at it.

I love you Rangers

Great post Bishy Bear.

A night the like of which the Rangers seem to have pulled off so many times in my life.

You're right, I don't think anyone seen it coming at 2 nil. McGregor making a great save to stop us going 3 down was vital. Proud of the character shown tonight, much better Rangers teams would've struggled to recover from that.

I love you Rangers
Funny that exactly the same way I feel and you know what it’s effin magic :))

Drove up from Surrey this am. Its my boyfriends birthday and he decided he wanted to come up and see the game - his first competitive match. Absolutely bonkers. When the first went in I hoped for a draw. When the second went in I hoped for a draw.

When the third hit we went nuts. I think the adrenaline is still coursing through my veins.

What a night.

Drove up from Surrey this am. Its my boyfriends birthday and he decided he wanted to come up and see the game - his first competitive match. Absolutely bonkers. When the first went in I hoped for a draw. When the second went in I hoped for a draw.

When the third hit we went nuts. I think the adrenaline is still coursing through my veins.

What a night.

Not meaning to be cheeky, but I'm not sure you should be on FF on the night of your BFs birthday after a fine European win. Is there not other stuff you could be doing to round off a wonderful evening?

Just saying, coz my Mrs gets pissed if I'm wasting time on FF and she's in bed in the mood :))

What a night.

Hope he gets to bag a 4th later on.

went with my son tonight (he's 23) he's missed all the midweek games euro and SPFL due to nightschool at College and took his first night off to go tonight what a night he said "Da that was a special night and were both here" when i seen him going mental at the 3rd goal and jumping up and down and hugging me like a maddy lol and the look on his face i was this is a special night in my eyes and that night will go down in Rangers FC History WATP

I love you Rangers

I would say you called the I was there tonight quote correctly.

Genuinely one of the most bonkers nights I can remember - and that's saying something.

One of those games where if we'd gone 3 or 4 down we probably couldn't have had too many complaints, yet we still had a good 4 or 5 chances outwith the goals we scored.

That last 20-25 mins was a tremendous show of character and grit, bit of quality, bit of luck, and a brilliant end result. Had everything really.

Massive task next week IMHO, even with the lead going in, Braga are a very good side and will fancy their chances of beating us, so we need to be really solid at the back and clinical if we get a chance.

For me, up there with the 1 nil game against Bursapor(Naismith).
Wee man is almost 17 so hasn't seen many big European nights considering where we've been over the last 8 years. Porto & Feyenoord wins were outshone last night for him.
Old man is getting on a bit now & spends most of his time in Portugal, ironically:)) Not sure how much longer he'll keep attending though:confused:
So ay, last night will be a night to remember for a few reasons:):)

One of the best ever European nights for me. I think 1-1 with Inter is still top of the list as the whole stadium was jumping from start to finish that game. But last night was something else. I can barely speak in work today :))

tenor.gif

Unfortunately I wasn't there. Missed a cracker but pleased to see our support able to go mental again!
Puts us all in a good mood for the weekend.

I love you Rangers
Shouted myself hoarse last night - lost my voice and couldn’t tell the taxi driver where I was going after the game. Wasn’t a brilliant performance overall but what a result - left the UK a few years ago and came back for this - took my dad who used to take me when I was wee and neither of us will ever forget that game last night. Really proud of the players, club and fans last night.

I’ve had a big daft grin on my face all morning, despite the belter of a hangover.

I won’t forget last night any time soon. My pal got 2 tickets for Club Europe as a present for his 30th, he invited me and the game landed on my birthday. Hospitality couldn’t have been any better but that result just topped it off beautifully. And I’ve got the nice wee whisky glass as a souvenir. A birthday to remember, cheers Rangers!

Said to my son leaving the ground last night this a night that you take to the grave, as I speak of Parma and such nights this is one he will speak of.

Can't even be bothered doing any work today as I just want to watch the highlights again and again.

Decked it down the row in front of me right on to my arse in the Govan Rear when the third went in last night.

Fucking amazing.

It was something else. Very different to even earlier games in Europe this year and last year where the atmosphere was some of the best I've witnessed in over 25 years of going.

This game though was flat, with the fans once again dejected from another false hope since the turn of the year, on top of all the other false hopes of the last 8 years.

Then we go and hope to be treated to something different, because it's Ibrox again on a big European night, and hoping that even though Braga are a great side they will come out and play and not subject us to the 10 men in the penalty box we struggle with weekly, constantly dive or kick %^*& out of our players.

But no, it looks like we're being dished up more of the same for the first half. Starting the second half better, then holy shit what an incredible 15 minutes. Picking yourself up off the floor with dejection, anger and frustration to go through that has to be one of the most surreal experiences I've had in Ibrox.

Incredible.

I agree OP, what made it better was that we were being comprehensively outplayed as well, nobody saw it coming.

Reminded me slightly of our comeback against Marseille in 92, albeit at a lower level this time.

My son has been brought up on tales of Parma. He thought Legia was as close to what I’d described as he’d ever experience. He said last night blew Legia away in terms of drama and what happened in those last 25 minutes.
I’ve never seen him celebrate a goal as much as when the third went in, he admitted he was getting emotional.

He’s witnessed some transformation since I first took him to Ibrox at the end of the 2014/15 season. As a ten year old back then he didn’t understand what we’d been through in the years immediately before that. Now he’s 15, he knows the story, and I get to take him along to games like last night’s one.

Was still sitting up last night just before 3am. Was absolutely wired. What an experience. Thought I was going to pass out while celebrating the third goal because I was shouting so much. Tremendous.

Back