“If we stop the individual errors”

Albertz_Was_King

Gerrard said we need to “eradicate the individual mistakes”.

It’s not as easy as that, you can’t just decide your going to stop making mistakes. Good players make rare mistakes as opposed to average players who will continue making mistakes in big moments and that’s what we are seeing.

It doesn’t matter how well you’ve played, if you make a mistake and screw the team over all the hard work is undone and thus pointless

You also need to realise it’s the same people who make these mistakes yet they play and get chance after chance.

Recognise who these people are, no matter how much you might “like” and “trust” them because these guys have cost people jobs before and will do so again.

What makes you think he will not change the squad about? He is perfectly fucking capable of understanding that, but he has a squad that is not exactly burdened with an over abundance of quality in all areas. the players we have to replace those making mistakes are no less likely to make mistakes and in the vast majority of cases, they are more likely to drop a clanger. We are between windows, financially hamstrung and 2 windows into his tenure. Do you genuinely think he has the players he wants at the club and is simply hoping they all improve? Really? Still, good job you are here to point out the blindingly obvious, and unchangeable (until the next window) facts eh?

Just like the same people keep assisting for our goals.

Good effort in making it a Tav bashing thread right enough without actually saying it

I now await the “Tav isn’t a captain” thread
If you make mistakes, big mistakes, you can’t expect not to cop some criticism or analysis.

We panic under pressure and concede possession to our opponents, usually in dangerous areas, which subsequently costs us games. It is embarrassingly unprofessional. Just kick the ball up the pitch or out of play.

Just like the same people keep assisting for our goals.

Good effort in making it a Tav bashing thread right enough without actually saying it

I now await the “Tav isn’t a captain” thread
Tav just lost us a point ffs! what the %^*& do you want people to say?

Last edited:
Few players are born winners,

We’re lacking in that department
A winners mentality.

Last edited:
As I posted in another similar thread.

3 schoolboy errors today.

The Candeias square ball when we had 6 or 7 men in front of him and we were open to a counter.
The Goldson decision not to take a yellow card and bring Eduarde down when still 50 yards from goal. The Tavernier horribly underhit pass.

Fine margins win big games, they are often not won by a moment of top quality, but lost by a moment of poor quality.

I have been saying this all season,simple misplaced passes are killing us,as another poster better class of players don’t do this,I know Jack is a favourite on here but he is the most guilty,a good wee player but this lets him down.

We need better players in a few positions, simple as that.

People thinking the whole thing comes together in 1 season and 2 transfer windows just aren't doing themselves any favours.

Candeias, Worrall and Tav are culpable for the goals today. We need an upgrade on at least the first 2 for the starting XI for sure - dont think anyone disagrees?

Tav is a tricky one because he gives us so much in an attacking sense and is nowhere near as bad defensively as people say, but he IS prone to lapses which give chances away.

But yeah, generally we'll see less individual errors as we continue to upgrade the playing squad. We're on the right track.

We panic under pressure and concede possession to our opponents, usually in dangerous areas, which subsequently costs us games. It is embarrassingly unprofessional. Just kick the ball up the pitch or out of play.

The thing is - both of the goals the Child Rapists scored today were as a direct result of a blue light pass by a Rangers player. In neither instance were we under any pressure at all.

Conversely, I thought we actually defended pretty well when we were under actual pressure and limited Celtic to pumping balls into the box which we generally dealt with well.

Probably worthwhile to factor in, you're more likely to make a basic mistake when you've put in tremendous effort with a man down for circa 45 minutes.

Tav just lost us a point ffs what the %^*& do you want people to say?

Tav’s untouchable to a lot of posters on here. Even today we’re supposed to gloss over the fact he sold the game, just because he had played well up until then.

Doesn’t matter, he sold the fucking game, and when he had his big chance to make up for it at the end he cünted that too. Tavernier’s a very good player, one of our best. For me he’s not a captain, and for me he’s as deserving of criticism as anyone else when he makes a mess of things, like he did today.

The thing is - both of the goals the Child Rapists scored today were as a direct result of a blue light pass by a Rangers player. In neither instance were we under any pressure at all.

Conversely, I thought we actually defended pretty well when we were under actual pressure and limited Celtic to pumping balls into the box which we generally dealt with well.

That’s was today’s problem, they’re clearly weaker now Rodgers has left. We are however not consistent enough to force that down their throats.

My point is, people are quick to slate him on here and never praise him.

This place is a joke at times when it comes to negativity towards our own.

Got to be a wind up mate. This is a forum where people regularly gush over Tav’s goal tally and get annoyed when any of us allude to the fact they’re almost all penalty kicks.

He gets massive praise, more often than not because he deserves it, but I see the same people throwing strops any time he cops criticism, and much his praise, his criticism is also often deserved.

We need better players in a few positions, simple as that.

People thinking the whole thing comes together in 1 season and 2 transfer windows just aren't doing themselves any favours.

Candeias, Worrall and Tav are culpable for the goals today. We need an upgrade on at least the first 2 for the starting XI for sure - dont think anyone disagrees?

Tav is a tricky one because he gives us so much in an attacking sense and is nowhere near as bad defensively as people say, but he IS prone to lapses which give chances away.

But yeah, generally we'll see less individual errors as we continue to upgrade the playing squad. We're on the right track.
We are relying on a right back for attacking options because our midfield offers nothing in final third .

As I posted in another similar thread.

3 schoolboy errors today.

The Candeias square ball when we had 6 or 7 men in front of him and we were open to a counter.
The Goldson decision not to take a yellow card and bring Eduarde down when still 50 yards from goal. The Tavernier horribly underhit pass.

Fine margins win big games, they are often not won by a moment of top quality, but lost by a moment of poor quality.

Better players tend to make less errors and are more street wise. We need a few better quality players, but we are not far away

First and foremost Tav is a RB defending is his number 1 priority in crucial games like today we can't afford errors like this. I appreciate that he offers us a whole lot going forward but if he can't defend we need an upgrade either that we change to 3-5-2 and play him as a wing back take some of the defensive duties of him

It’s hard to take the OP seriously given he suggested SG was not a “winner” as a player.

As to the point, there are players with positives that outweigh their negatives over the course. This is what is happening.

The players who make these errors do it constantly, Tavernier, Worrall, Candieas. You then have players like Morelos who will score regularly until we play the top 4 teams who find him a pish easy target to wind up and get sent off. He gets the odd goal against them but always seems to get sent off in the crucial ones.
At least 2 of them are reckoned to be our best players yet let us down constantly with brain farts or the childish temperament which cost us games.

I feel sorry for the likes of Shagger, Halliday etc who work their arses off yet get down constantly by our so called better players.

Morelos that was unforgivable.

Tavernier cost us a cup final a few years back and that so called pass Back was worse than Worrall’s at Kilmarnock. Under no real pressure yet kicks the ball like a 5 year old girl to their player.

A player I am very critical of for what he has contributed in regards to assists and goals had a great second half and didn’t deserve to be on a losing team, Ryan Kent

My point is, people are quick to slate him on here and never praise him.

This place is a joke at times when it comes to negativity towards our own.
He gets plenty praise when it’s deserved but he fucked it today and people will discuss it regardless of how much you like him and don’t want it to be mentioned.

Even the best people/players make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes and some are bigger than others. But the accumulation of mistakes made this season in the Premiership is hard to take and look where we are now to where we could be. Managers select teams and arrange formations and formulate game plans but when all that goes wrong due to a mistake or mistakes there's not much you can do.

That’s was today’s problem, they’re clearly weaker now Rodgers has left. We are however not consistent enough to force that down their throats.

100%.

We're very close to matching them. If we can bring in a bit if quality in just a few positions for next season - and assuming the Paedo's don't improve significantly - we're going to start doing the cunts and killing the Diddy teams off. Next season is primed, we just need SG and the recruitment team to get it right and we're there.

Back