“Loose Lips Sinks Ships”

The_StCyrus_Bear

Official Ticketer
Having followed my beloved Glasgow Rangers for almost 44 years it is really starting to bug me just how much is getting leaked from our hierarchy. In by gone days of old deals for our new manager would have been hush hush like the Souness deal etc for god sake I remember exactly how I felt when little Mo signed no one had any idea. I know in the modern day with social media etc it’s a lot more difficult but when thing falls through and it’s been on the news for days or sometimes weeks (like with McInnes) we only make our institution a laughing stock.....doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere. Why us? Why is there from inside our club being very easily released to media outlets. This needs to change NOW !!!

Social media makes it extremely difficult to keep things quiet, all it takes is for someone who doesn't even take an interest in football to know that someone may be on their way here, hotel receptionists, airport staff etc. Also with the amount of staff we have nowadays compared to back in the late 80s I would imagine will be significantly higher, meaning someone is bound to say something.

Just the way of the world now mate.

Any leaks would have been told to a few pals etc now it can be put on social media and everyone and anyone can see it.

Why is there from inside our club being very easily released to media outlets. This needs to change NOW !!!

This time last week had SG been announced as manager, it would have been to shock. Fans would have been uncertain as to whether it's a good thing or not and instead of mass excitement, there would have been some optimimsm, some quiet support and a lot of scepticism.

By leaking in advance, it gives fans a chance to get used to the idea, trusted media outlets start talking him up, his coaching pedigree is shown, pros say nice things about him and the hype builds. By the time an announcement is made, it's largely seen as the best signing that could have been made and most are ecstatic. See the hype train thread on here for proof.

Alternatively if SG is still deciding, the leak could be designed to put a little pressure on him and let him see how much he is wanted by the support (using the same tactics as described above).

It's a dangerous game - especially if he doesn't sign - but it's a standard PR campaign.

Having said that, as much as I understand it, I miss the days when these decisions happened and then were announced.

Social media makes it extremely difficult to keep things quiet, all it takes is for someone who doesn't even take an interest in football to know that someone may be on their way here, hotel receptionists, airport staff etc. Also with the amount of staff we have nowadays compared to back in the late 80s I would imagine will be significantly higher, meaning someone is bound to say something.
Totally agree mate but we should be in a position to release a statement immediately. Have him ready to be unveiled or yes we spoke to him but that’s all ...... not rocket science but good business like any good business would do. We are so far attached from the fans it’s beyond belief. This first came about at the weekend when SG odds reduced from 25/1 to 8/1 and if all Ian to believed the conversation happened over two weeks (yes two weeks) ago.

I totally agree, but as others have said, totally changed days now.

Information can be sent, recieved and shared with hundreds of people within seconds now due to technology and social media.

Not going to change any time soon.

In years gone by a journalist would be relayed a story and it did not go into print until 8 hours later, nowadays 8 minutes is a long time in journalism.
Correct mate but in by gone days the content of the conversation would have been in place before the actual meeting and DK would have told SG that’s the offer you have a few days before it’s leaked to decided, our famous club does not need an explanation of our history just what’s required to take it forward......Someone of SG stature should need only minutes to decided if the offer and risk should be worth it.

Reactions: STU
It's not entirely impossible though.

For example, I knew that Bates to Hamburg was a strong possibility, I was asked to keep it to myself and I did.

So it can be done.

Club have played a blinder. No one is talking about them potentially winning the league at the weekend.

It is all about the Rangers.

Hold any statement or announcement till after the weekends game.

If the result doesn't go in our favour, release the statement. No league winning pull outs in the papers. It will all be about the Rangers.

Club have played a blinder. No one is talking about them potentially winning the league at the weekend.

If the result doesn't go in our favour, release the statement. No league winning pull outs in the papers. It will all be about the Rangers.[/QUOT[

Agreed, but what if he says no just like DM? We can only hope everything the PR team has got this right. But with the man in charge of the PR I very much doubt it !!!! Maybe a stroke of luck

Most of it is not leaked. It’s just click bait made up garbage. Social media, other than of course FF!, is the gutter of human social interaction. In what other walk of life would you spill your guts, as some do on the likes of FB, to the world or the 200 friend who are not really friends! To only be open to abuse by people who do not even know you. It’s all very strange!

Welcome to the Facebook generation, a generation where folk are all about the number of ‘Followers’ and ‘Likes’ they can get. All these people are giving it the whole look at me and that’s why nothing is kept secret anymore

Leave Airport Auntie alone you big bully. :)

In years gone by a journalist would be relayed a story and it did not go into print until 8 hours later, nowadays 8 minutes is a long time in journalism.

Also, pet journos used to be fed stories on condition that they held them to themselves and they were then promised the exclusive in return. There was actually a semblance of decency in the media.

Now, the mhedia is absolutely rammed with crash barriers who would sell their own kids for a story.

What annoys me is the timing of these things first the statement then the Gerrard rumour. We need to beat these basses on Sunday and i hope this doesn't distract the players and manager about the job that must be done.

Having followed my beloved Glasgow Rangers for almost 44 years it is really starting to bug me just how much is getting leaked from our hierarchy. In by gone days of old deals for our new manager would have been hush hush like the Souness deal etc for god sake I remember exactly how I felt when little Mo signed no one had any idea. I know in the modern day with social media etc it’s a lot more difficult but when thing falls through and it’s been on the news for days or sometimes weeks (like with McInnes) we only make our institution a laughing stock.....doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere. Why us? Why is there from inside our club being very easily released to media outlets. This needs to change NOW !!!

Why do you assume this story has come from "our hierarchy"?

There are dozens of sources this story could have come from, you have made a bold and unequivocal statement there, can you back it up with facts?

Why do you assume this story has come from "our hierarchy"?

There are dozens of sources this story could have come from, you have made a bold and unequivocal statement there, can you back it up with facts?

very easy to issue a statement denying it but they haven’t. They have however confirmed they have spoken to him. So I guess that is we’re the leak has come from. That is not how business should be run with a company the size of our club in which we are all investors.....

Anything to do with Rangers is big news. Print a story about us and you’ll have millions of Bears reading it, and a few hundred thousand obsessed Tims and diddy club fans consuming it whilst they wank themselves into a frenzy over another Rangers story.

We are the only show in town.

We are The People.

very easy to issue a statement denying it but they haven’t. They have however confirmed they have spoken to him. So I guess that is we’re the leak has come from. That is not how business should be run with a company the size of our club in which we are all investors.....

Just a guess then, fair enough. I thought you had more than that when you started slagging off all and sundry.

Nor does the Club or indeed any club issue a denial on every rumour doing the rounds. It may be true it may be false.

Well said that man

On the plus side, it is Friday night and the poet team has leaked and we know what we are facing - no Dembele

Gordon
Lustig
Boyata
Ajer
Tierney
Brown
Ntcham
Forrest
Rogic
McGregor
Edouard

Social media is very powerful, it is only recently that Bheast FC announced they have no connection to Celtic Boys Club to a compliant mhedia.

But we all know fine well it's a BIG LIE....

gn218.png

If the result doesn't go in our favour, release the statement. No league winning pull outs in the papers. It will all be about the Rangers.
At timing,just before they crack open the thunderbird

It's old form weekend and a positive diversion is quite welcomed after our last performance.

Barry Ferguson said even in his tenure there were folk on the other side of the door while the gaffer was giving it laldy. It'd reached the other side of the stadium and within no time he had folk phoning him up all whit happened? what was the argument about?

It is how it is in this social media mad world

In this modern age of social media you could be anywhere and details will be leaked. There is no secrets so it was bound to be leaked at some point.

This time last week had SG been announced as manager, it would have been to shock. Fans would have been uncertain as to whether it's a good thing or not and instead of mass excitement, there would have been some optimimsm, some quiet support and a lot of scepticism.

By leaking in advance, it gives fans a chance to get used to the idea, trusted media outlets start talking him up, his coaching pedigree is shown, pros say nice things about him and the hype builds. By the time an announcement is made, it's largely seen as the best signing that could have been made and most are ecstatic. See the hype train thread on here for proof.

Alternatively if SG is still deciding, the leak could be designed to put a little pressure on him and let him see how much he is wanted by the support (using the same tactics as described above).

It's a dangerous game - especially if he doesn't sign - but it's a standard PR campaign.

Having said that, as much as I understand it, I miss the days when these decisions happened and then were announced.
I agree, when the news about Gerrard was leaked people were saying its a wind up, someone will have went into the bookies and put money on it and it’s blown out of proportion etc... but now people have sort of accepted it and it won’t be such a shock if or when the news is properly announced... I still dunno what to think about it all

It's impossible to keep very much quiet now.

The club is somewhat hamstrung by what they can release themselves.

This is why I believe mediums such as the Heart and Hand Podcast, blogs and other forms of media controlled mainly by the fans are vital. No agenda from most, just Rangers fans wanting to talk about Rangers. If the story is going to be out there anyway, I'd rather read it from there than any of the mainstream media as things stand.

Can you name a single large business organisation in the world that doesn’t have its operations reported in the media?

So what do we want, do we want to know what is going on and have transparency or do we want things kept secret until things are done?

Respect to you Sir and your 44 years following Rangers.

On the plus side, it is Friday night and the poet team has leaked and we know what we are facing - no Dembele

Gordon
Lustig
Boyata
Ajer
Tierney
Brown
Ntcham
Forrest
Rogic
McGregor
Edouard
They really are nothing special. Just have a go at them Rangers ffs.

Not the hierarchy mate. It’s players telling their wives, mates and ex players that’s the problems. Wives pass it on to anyone that’ll listen, mates are suddenly ITK and ex players get on the radio and have columns in the Scottish rags. That’s just my opinion of course but if I was DK then Ferguson, McCoist, Jig, Thomson, Dalziel and even DJ etc would be warned at the expense of being barred from Ibrox.

The fact that the scum were being ousted from the broomy was not leaked, even though a few people knew about it well in advance. This shows me the club is solid in that department.

Its different when a player is being approached, there are so many people that could gain that knowledge, its almost impossible to keep signings under wraps.

Absolutely right! Nothing should be coming out from inside the dressing room or internal matters of the club!!
I for one was shocked to see the blatant camera shots of Wallace and Miller emerging from the meeting with the club after suspension.. These reporters have moles everywhere and they need rooted out!! I now think you'll see less of it after certain players have been binned. NOBODY is bigger than the club.. great servants and for that I give thanks.. but players should know, One man is in charge and that's the manager. Gerrard won't stand for any nonsense!!

Game has changed. Social Media as someone mentioned and Agents use the press to draw attention to their Clients. Agents really only see their money when their Clients move.

The_StCyrus_Bear said:
....doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere. Why us? Laughing stock!

It happens everywhere.
Bears shit the bed. poets take some sort of delight in it, when it's us.

When it's every other team no one cares. Deals get spoke about and don't happen.
From Barcelona to Berwick. Real Madrid to Mansfield.

People move on.

We can't control the mentally challengeds (to a certain extent, but that's another 50 pager for another day) But we can stop over reacting to players agents using Rangers.

It's what football clubs do, look at and talk to players....

Do what St.Midden did, leak absolute bullshit about signings like Kluivert etc and have the media reporting it as fact thus making a right arse of themselves.

Back