“More players will leave Anfield”

Vamos_buffalo

According to sky sports Juergen Koop expects more players to leave.

“The window is only one way closed so we cannot buy anymore but we can sell not in premier league - but it is clear things will happen”

Does this mean we could still sign Dominic Solanke?

With Ings moving I doubt they will be prepared to let him go. At least Gerrard will find out one way or another and we can move onto other targets

Origi has been linked with a move away, don't know if Markovic is still there. The bheggars have been linked with one of their reserve players, Solanke linked with us...

Liverpool will ship a few out.

I could see Klavan, Origi, Markovic and Mignolet going, as well as 2 or 3 on loan. Solanke is not at the level Liverpool require at the moment, although they should have signed another striker in the window.

Solanke is not good enough to be a regular starter with Liverpool. Same with Kent etc. no chance.

Liverpool are PL contenders now.

9. Roberto Firmino, 10. Sadio Mane, 11. Mohamed Salah, 15. Daniel Sturridge, 23. Xherdan Shaqiri, 24. Rhian Brewster, 27. Divock Origi, 29. Dominic Solanke

Liverpool strikers as it stands. Unless they have a shocking run of injuries solanke would not get near the first team.

If they sell Origi, they’ll probably keep hold of Solanke.

If not, the latter will go on loan.

That’s the view of a guy in my work who’s a Liverpool obsessive.

9. Roberto Firmino, 10. Sadio Mane, 11. Mohamed Salah, 15. Daniel Sturridge, 23. Xherdan Shaqiri, 24. Rhian Brewster, 27. Divock Origi, 29. Dominic Solanke

Liverpool strikers as it stands. Unless they have a shocking run of injuries solanke would not get near the first team.
Well Sturridge is there so that's a guaranteed injury absence.

Klavan, Markovic, Origi, Chirivella and Mignolet will all go this week or early next.

That leaves only Sturridge, Shakiri and Solanke as striking cover with any real experience.

There’s a meeting scheduled with the football department this week to decide who goes, where they go, and when.

If Solanke leaves, it’s to us (my opinion).

I’m just not convinced - and neither are others I’ve spoken to - that’s he’s deemed surplus to requirements with EPL, CL and League Cup games ahead.

Gerrard said in one of his press conferences when asked this that if he plays well for us and his parent club sell him at least we have had a good season out of him and he moves on.
Thats not word for word but you get the idea

Disappointing if we don't have the option. He looks to have the potential to go on and be a top midfielder.

I’m sick of hearing about Solanke to be honest. That rumour and speculation has been relentless since the day Gerrard walked through the door, despite there being no real sign of him being linked with us and despite the ITK’s clearly not being ITK.

This. There’s no evidence within his limited first team appearances for Liverpool that he’s the certain smash hit many on here expect. The fawning over him is actually a little embarsssing.

Solanke has become the new Alan Smith, forever linked to us but %^*& all ever happens.

To be honest I would rather bring in Lafferty and get another player in from Eastern Europe who seem to have far better technique to fill the forward positions.

Still need our centre half and would have liked us to have went in for Lindsay.

Solanke has become the new Alan Smith, forever linked to us but %^*& all ever happens.

To be honest I would rather bring in Lafferty and get another player in from Eastern Europe who seem to have far better technique to fill the forward positions.

Still need our centre half and would have liked us to have went in for Lindsay.

Agree

We have about 2 weeks to get who we need .
We will need to start getting things moving
Still 3 players short minimum with windass gone probably 4

Origi has been linked with a move away, don't know if Markovic is still there. The bheggars have been linked with one of their reserve players, Solanke linked with us...

Imagine being the 1 that went on loan from Liverpool to them? We're over at Ibrox having a Scousefest, and he's stuck over at bheasts fc with his only reminder of home being big Brenda.

Solanke could come to us with the proviso that if Liverpool get a bad run of injuries he can be recalled, or alternatively do it on half seasons, reviewed again at Xmas?

If we do get Solanke the boy better hit the ground running with the hype that has been surrounding this possible deal. Our fans aren't the most patient in the world.

If solanke does come I feel sorry for him. He better be the second coming of mols cos hes been talked up so much on here there's gonna be some level of expectation on him

Gerrard said in one of his press conferences when asked this that if he plays well for us and his parent club sell him at least we have had a good season out of him and he moves on.

Gerrard just said "that's life" when the reporter stated that possible scenario. He seemed to me pretty non-committal on what deal was or was not in place.

Yes, both of them. They’d be ours, sell on value down the line, they both look good and it’d end the Solanke and Lafferty threads.
Win win win win.
Totally agree mate. I'd be more excited by the Bosnians to be honest.

And with the Windass money, our net spend is actually quite low now.

Splash the cash Mr King - and benefit down the line. More loan players means less assets available to make a profit from in the future.

Are they trying to sell Origi? Isnt he a better player/prospect than Solanke?

Think id rather try get him in on loan instead. Can play on the left too i think. Or maybe thats just on football manager :rolleyes:

Really hoping Brewster kicks on post-injury. He is very highly rated at Anfield.

Are they trying to sell Origi? Isnt he a better player/prospect than Solanke?

Think id rather try get him in on loan instead. Can play on the left too i think. Or maybe thats just on football manager :rolleyes:
Wages much higher for Origi, I would have thought??

That was a quite confusing interview because IIRC he said we had an option too.

I confess to having seen very little of Solanke. I watched a bit of Liverpool in pre-season to see what the fuss was about over this guy.

I fail to see anything special.

Apparently playing for Chelsea and Liverpool reserve sides makes you some sort of superstar though.

Don’t get the hype over this guy, who’s position would he even be taking?

We'd be aswell investing the loan fee in Morelos on a new deal and signing Lafferty on this one, purely based on not knowing much about Solanke and what I did see of him I never said to myself that I hoped we'd sign him.

Back