“Move mum out the hood” Calvin Bassey

Brilliant, really enjoyed that.
Hood talk much more sophisticated than Ned talk :))

Well done Bass, going to enjoy having him here.

Thought he played really well against livi.
Always showed for the ball, brought us up the park. He’s only going to get better

Seems a decent, grounded young guy. The skill is surprising at times for a player with his physique and as a full back. I guess his early football in that environment plays a big part there.

Loved that, what a thoroughly decent chap.

Well done for keeping it together on meeting Gerrard...I know there's a few here (me included) who wouldn't be able to string a sentence together :oops: :D

He might actually be another who may not be with us if not for the 'WOW, I can't believe it, it's Steven Gerrard' factor.

Interesting to see he was wearing a Bromley Training Top. I checked to see if maybe he had a loan spell there in the past, he hasn't.

Great personality & extremely likeable young man.

Calvin has made significant progress already at the club.

He really needs to work on his crossing & final ball and can be a big success if he can achieve that.

It seems he won’t fail through lack of effort.
The positives are GY is that the things he needs to work on are all trainable skills. The rest he has in abundance.

Seems a very decent lad.

I think this is a core but not often highlighted feature of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers. We’re signing proper professionals or young men with the right basic attributes that the coaching staff can develop for them to become proper professionals.

We seem to have very few arseholes in the squad. Any who show signs of it have in general been swiftly dealt with.

What a pleasure to know we’re following a truly grounded, professional and respectful outfit (on and off the pitch), compared to the shambles of a few years back.

He seems humble, and he seems a grafter, and that's why the fans take to him.

The talent and charisma is a bonus. But as fans we love nothing more than a player who respects the club, the fans and is proud to play football.

I love seeing videos like this.

Yes , TrFudz this all comes from the managements identity they are not interested in dealing with fannies . There are loads of great people about and they are who he wants . I think there is no other way to run a disciplined professional football club of young men .

would be fascinating to hear Calvin’ist Bassey’s life story I do know he was born in a pocket of Italian Alps that borders France and Switzerland and then found himself in London which was the feature of the video clips . His family have done a wonderful job of bringing him up in what could be a challenging city environment .

as for his football I agree with the others he has very clearly learned a lot and improved significantly at the club , that is primarily down to him but also the coaches. Have to say I do favour the guy but he has earned that .

The positives are GY is that the things he needs to work on are all trainable skills. The rest he has in abundance.

Very true BWW.

He’s a real athlete, and all the raw materials are there.

Given the progress he’s already made, I absolutely take your point that he will take this next step with our coaching teams help.

It’s great the attention to detail that Gerrard’s team show, and they’ll take big Calvin to the next level.

If you go back 12-18 months, when we never had Tav or Borna we really suffered. Look at how thats changed BWW ? Top class.

Seems a very decent lad.

I think this is a core but not often highlighted feature of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers. We’re signing proper professionals or young men with the right basic attributes that the coaching staff can develop for them to become proper professionals.

We seem to have very few arseholes in the squad. Any who show signs of it have in general been swiftly dealt with.

What a pleasure to know we’re following a truly grounded, professional and respectful outfit (on and off the pitch), compared to the shambles of a few years back.

Phenomenal difference TRF.

Seems a very decent lad.

This is spot on.

Yes , TrFudz this all comes from the managements identity they are not interested in dealing with fannies . There are loads of great people about and they are who he wants . I think there is no other way to run a disciplined professional football club of young men .

would be fascinating to hear Calvin’ist Bassey’s life story I do know he was born in a pocket of Italian Alps that borders France and Switzerland and then found himself in London which was the feature of the video clips . His family have done a wonderful job of bringing him up in what could be a challenging city environment .

as for his football I agree with the others he has very clearly learned a lot and improved significantly at the club , that is primarily down to him but also the coaches. Have to say I do favour the guy but he has earned that .
Well written sir.

I enjoyed watching that

No question he understands, appreciates & is up for this task -
Whatsmore he's also being encouraged to develop a belief in himself & his ability
He's got a grounded & humble approach as well as having bags of ambition
So in other words his mentality is all good

There's been a few threads questioning his rough edges - like his crossing & final deliveries -
but just as I said before in another thread - all the signs are he's a really talented payer who's getting better all the time

The weaker parts to his game will be improved upon & I'll be patient while that happens- but IMO he's coming along just fine

Love the fact that we have so many hard working and humble guys in this team. That kind of attitude is infectious in a team.

Always seems to have a smile on his face - that in itself says a lot about how grateful he is to himself and others that he is where he is today.

Keep up that good work ethos and dedication and you'll go far.

Back