“No Surrender”

No surrender sectarian ? I don't understand what the fuss is about. What a phuckin world we live in

Ha reminds me of my work, I would be prone to whistling a bit in work, but the tunes I whistle are Sloop John B, Marching through Georgia and even the Fields of Athenry, well that's my excuse.

It's not sectarian, but sadly there's a number of bitter fannies at workplaces across the country. The idea of banter, or just showing allegiance in a non bigoted or provocative way is impossible for them to comprehend.

It's easier to keep to your own and politely ignore it. Stick together bears.

Keep up the good work OP. Nothing sectarian, although I can imagine the perpetually offended will be offended.
Their deserved and well earned inferiority complex kicks in at the slightest opportunity.

wiomd0.jpg

Get this printed on some A4 and put it up on the works fridge.

Let's crank this up a notch :D

"No surrender" is childs play in my work. Got an old guy in there and if he's in a bad mood he will make an announcement on his arrival along the lines of "Catholics, papists and paedo scum don't f**king speak to me the day, I'm no in the mood." He's been there forever and they all take it as banter. Deep down he's not kidding. :D

"No surrender" is childs play in my work. Got an old guy in there and if he's in a bad mood he will make an announcement on his arrival along the lines of "Catholics, papists and paedo scum don't f**king speak to me the day, I'm no in the mood." He's been there forever and they all take it as banter. Deep down he's not kidding. :D

Give that man a raise/promotion.

No Surrender is the British way of life! I'm sure on Dundee's Discovery there's a sledge flag from one of Scott's expeditions to the south with No Surrender on it. There's also one in the National Library with Ready Aye Ready on it.

I would say it's advisable to avoid all discussions of football, politics and religion in a place of work. It will only lead to trouble, and make you look like a trouble maker.

That being said, as per the below link Aamer Anwar successfully argued that being a pro-independence "Scottish Nationalist" is a protected characteristics against discrimination under current equality laws, which is absolute madness.

Presumably the same logic applies to pro-UK people as well, so rather than you getting in trouble for sectarianism you could make a counter claim that it is discrimination that you have to take it down, under equality laws.

Logically under that law displaying a pro-UK slogan like no surrender should be treated no differently to people displaying Yes/SNP stickers or Islamic symbolism. If your sticker has to come down, all pro-independence and Islamic symbolism has to as well.

You could make a cheeky request to a Scottish Nationalist like Aamer Anwar to represent you for a similar discrimination case, but for being pro-Union instead. It would be interesting to see what his response would be, by refusing to take you on as a client he would potentially be breaking the same discrimination law he is currently using to fight for Scottish independence, and he could maybe get disbarred from being a lawyer.

Fight fire with fire. NO SURRENDER.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/belief-in-scottish-independence-protected-by-law-1-4779034

Last edited:
Box clever brother as those cxnts will. I take every opportunity to ram it into them but i have nothing to loose, just ordered name plaque for outside.. No 24 and Ibrox.. Got union flag and red hand flying but like i said I've nothing to fear.

If I were to give an unbiased (as much as possible) opinion on it I'd say that; a) It's not sectarian, for me the most comparable equivalent for a shellik fan would be a sticker with the celtic crest and "hail hail" on it. For me, I'd think that it would have to be someone looking to be offended, or of a very sensitive nature that's taking issue with it. But...some companies these day's do generally expect employees to be whiter than white, even when it comes to not being on company time as you can be seen as representing the company at all times. Personally think it's a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

You put the onus onto those who think it's 'sectarian'.

Ask them precisely how and why it is.

The fact is that going by the OED definition, as a noun or an adjective, it isn't.

'Denoting or concerning a sect or sects'?

Nope.

'An action carried out on the grounds of membership of a sect, denomination, or other group'?

Yes, but then almost anything falls into this category and it is meaningless in the context of denomination, unless an absolute causal link can be shown.

'Rigidly following the doctrines of a sect or other group.'

Again, no.

The words are not sectarian in the slightest, it’s a motto to live by.

No Surrender is just implied to be Sectarian just like the word 19th Century Terrorist- the latter a clear statement to those who tried to rise up against Queen and Country!

There are no sectarian elements to either, No Surrender clearly states you like to fight for yourself - tell whoever is complaining that if they continue their biased slant you’ll be forced to not only go to the union, you’ll also go to police as this is quite clearly bullying in Work place

I think the biggest question needs to be why you felt the need to put it on your locker in first place.

Nothing sectarian about it, however, why give yourself any grief thst may come from it.

Are you 16-18 years old?
I am 28 and have panini stickers on my door , from the 99/00 squad

MOLS MOLS !!!

Anything Rangers/Protestant/Unionist or Loyalist is a target to being labelled sectarian these days, that, is all part of their plan to remove all of our culture by claiming offence.

Very good post. I hope some of those that think we should just ignore them finally wake up to what is going on.

Back