“Rangers first goal yesterday shouldn’t have stood”

Nice to see these fuds annoyed when we win and score a "dodgy "goal.Hope it causes them sleepless nights thinking about what might have been.

I am assuming you can’t follow a straight line then. Sadly, but rather obviously behind the ball in your own posted clip.
Pause it at the moment he hits the ball, Forest is in line with the guy crossing the ball and the guy crossing the ball is infront of the Hamilton defender, look at the line Forest is standing on and it goes all the way along to the guy crossing the ball, he's in an offside position and the linesman has a perfect view of it.

0GJzrZI.gif

Pause it at the moment he hits the ball, Forest is in line with the guy crossing the ball and the guy crossing the ball is infront of the Hamilton defender, look at the line Forest is standing on and it goes all the way along to the guy crossing the ball, he's in an offside position and the linesman has a perfect view of it.
Forrest is behind the ball which is what counts. It was onside.

“According to the letter of the law.” So says Steven Thompson.

He said Goldson was offside despite the keeper having clear line of sight of the ball from the free kick.

Incredible.
Strange, to me, that there were no claims of offside from the Livingston players.
Th keeper would've been howling had he thought there was a chance of this.
They're not paid to hate the Rangers, I guess.

He is clearly onside.

Was amazed they didn’t cover the disallowed goal. Really is a dreadful programme, even apart from the bias, boycott and presenter issues. Why can’t BBC Scotland stretch to decent length highlights? Is an hour a week just too much to expect covering the National game?

He said Goldson was offside despite the keeper having clear line of sight of the ball from the free kick.

Incredible.

He is correct, and had we VAR in this country it would have been disallowed as Goodson makes an attempt to play the ball. He was offside when the free kick was delivered. It was the same as the McBurnie effort which was ruled out on Saturday.

Incredible.
Who

Swings
Roundabout

Honestly
This guy knows fuk all about football

So he is on. You have to be in front of the ball. Being in line isn't being in front.

This thread is a bit embarrassing.

It was an obscure offside, but if we ha VAR, Goldson would have been correctly ruled offside as he played at the ball.

Their goal is clearly on, Forrest is behind the ball.

That wasn’t a penalty on Morelos after Arfield hit the bar. The boy is already lying on the ground before Morelos is near him, Alfredo knows he can’t get to the ball and runs over him (worth a shot!).

People need to have a bit more objectivity, constantly bleating about false injustice. It only makes you look daft and is no good for the blood pressure.

No problems with mcgregors dive against us in the old firm on that show, according to them he just lost balance and fell over. Also no mention of their new 30m rated Israeli rb that they paid 1.8m for a few weeks agos attempt to con the ref either with his blatant dive against Hamilton .
But they will spend 15 minutes trying to pick holes in the sides we are scoring againsts defences or trying desperately to find injustices in our play and goals.

Watching it the past few weeks just reminds me as to why I'd usually just give it a miss. The bias and hatred is seeping out of the lot of them. From the producers to those three tadgers sat on that sofa.

Not seen it again so my view is from game only

Never offside as Goldson didn’t interfere in play but I don’t think it was a free kick, thought the defender won the ball and Alfie won the free kick

It was an obscure offside, but if we ha VAR, Goldson would have been correctly ruled offside as he played at the ball.

That wasn’t a penalty on Morelos after Arfield hit the bar. The boy is already lying on the ground before Morelos is near him, Alfredo knows he can’t get to the ball and runs over him (worth a shot!).

People need to have a bit more objectivity, constantly bleating about false injustice. It only makes you look daft and is no good for the blood pressure.

Watched it myself, I think it was offside. One of they ones that you can argue about interfering with play etc but in my opinion it's offside.

I don’t care if Goldson was 10 yards offside and interfering with play by threatening to chib the Livingston keeper if he stopped the cross. The goal stood and nothing anyone says on Sportscene can change that.

I don’t care if Goldson was 10 yards offside and interfering with play by threatening to chib the Livingston keeper if he stopped the cross. The goal stood and nothing anyone says on Sportscene can change that.
They're just trying to make sure that it doesn't happen next time. I'm surprised they never put the linesman's name up on the screen.

Unfortunately Steven Thompson didn't back up his comment by showing proper angles of the apparent misdemeanour. 'Nobody picked up on it' he said, that's because there was nothing to pick up on.

When Ta v hits the ball Goldson isn’t offside , Goldson doesn’t get a touch on the ball so not offsid at that point either exactly at what point is Goldson offside in his tiny little mind?

Goldson runs from behind a defender.

Haha - nice. Unfortunately it’s where he was when Tav, kicked the ball that counts, I can’t seem to see it on the clip!

You may not see it but it’s fairly obvious given the respective positions of the players when they come into view that both Goldson and Aribo came from behind the Livi players. In actual fact it looks like Goldson is having his shirt tugged as well.

You may not see it but it’s fairly obvious given the respective positions of the players when they come into view that both Goldson and Aribo came from behind the Livi players. In actual fact it looks like Goldson is having his shirt tugged as well.

Christ, go watch the clip, he was just offside.

We’ve plenty to gripe at those morons on Sportscene for but blindly challenging them when they’re right is just daft.

The defender definitely has a handful of Goldsons shirt, although if he was offside then that wouldn't matter.

Anyway, the goal was given so who cares :))

I can't tell if Goldson is offside or not and I couldn't give a flying f*ck. Forrest isn't.

But there's quite a few folk embarrassing themselves on this thread who clearly don't understand the rules.

Christ, go watch the clip, he was just offside.

We’ve plenty to gripe at those morons on Sportscene for but blindly challenging them when they’re right is just daft.

Ha ha, I’m content to accept the clip doesn’t prove - conclusively - one way or the other. I’m suggesting that unless Goldson runs forward, back and then forward again then he was probably onside.

You, however, in the space if two posts seem to have gone from “it’s where he was when Tav, kicked the ball that counts, I can’t seem to see it on the clip!” to a definitive “Christ, go watch the clip, he was just offside.”

So make up your mind, can you tell from the clip - or not?

Last edited:
Best I can do. Still inconclusive. What it does appear to show for sure is that Goldson was behind the keepers line of sight. Goal was given so I'm content.

Last edited:
Reactions: TN8
Back