“Rangers first goal yesterday shouldn’t have stood”

Best I can do. Still inconclusive. What it does appear to show for sure is that Goldson was behind the keepers line of sight. Goal was given so I'm content.

He's just offside there but still has another split second to get back on before Tav hits it. Therefore we're talking bawhairs here, and so for anybody to claim its conclusive either way is just wrong.

Ha ha, I’m content to accept the clip doesn’t prove - conclusively - one way or the other. I’m suggesting that unless Goldson runs forward, back and then forward again then he was probably onside.

You, however, in the space if two posts seem to have gone from “it’s where he was when Tav, kicked the ball that counts, I can’t seem to see it on the clip!” to a definitive “Christ, go watch the clip, he was just offside.”

So make up your mind, can you tell from the clip - or not?

No, I’m referring to the clip they actually had on Sportscene. It is pretty clear.

Seems there’s a load of people on here that moan about everything regardless of whether they’ve seen it or not.

No, I’m referring to the clip they actually had on Sportscene. It is pretty clear.

Seems there’s a load of people on here that moan about everything regardless of whether they’ve seen it or not.

Your comment about not seeing it on the clip was in a post quoting the clip from RangersTV so you weren’t entirely clear.

I’ve posted the screen grab now. Inconclusive either way to be honest. It does appear to show Goldson and the defender he was tussling with are actually behind the goalkeeper as the ball is struck by Tav.

We are nitpicking in all honesty, over a very tight decision. The guy who had the best view of all was the Assistant Referee. I’m happy he called it correctly.

No problems with mcgregors dive against us in the old firm on that show, according to them he just lost balance and fell over. Also no mention of their new 30m rated Israeli rb that they paid 1.8m for a few weeks agos attempt to con the ref either with his blatant dive against Hamilton .
But they will spend 15 minutes trying to pick holes in the sides we are scoring againsts defences or trying desperately to find injustices in our play and goals.

Watching it the past few weeks just reminds me as to why I'd usually just give it a miss. The bias and hatred is seeping out of the lot of them. From the producers to those three tadgers sat on that sofa.

This is the crux. No other team's goals or decisions are analysed in such detail. And of course, it's only the ones that go for us.

A lot of people seem to be getting awfa wound up about a pundit having a different opinion from them. Chill out lads, it’s not that important.

Your comment about not seeing it on the clip was in a post quoting the clip from RangersTV so you weren’t entirely clear.

I’ve posted the screen grab now. Inconclusive either way to be honest. It does appear to show Goldson and the defender he was tussling with are actually behind the goalkeeper as the ball is struck by Tav.

We are nitpicking in all honesty, over a very tight decision. The guy who had the best view of all was the Assistant Referee. I’m happy he called it correctly.

Apologies I was unclear.

There is a frozen frame from the programme which has Tav’s foot on the ball, Goldson was off.

For avoidance of doubt, I’m glad it was given too!

Goldson always starts from an offside position and runs on as the ball is struck. BBC still may have been 0.1 second too early.
Even if he was still offside, it would be almost impossible for the assistant ref as he has to see the ball in the air from where he is. Goldson would have looked onside at the point and reversing back towards the goal.

Was he closer to the goal than the defender? Inconclusive. Even if he was he was never in the line of sight of the keeper to the ball so he wasn’t offside.

Was he closer to the goal than the defender? Inconclusive. Even if he was he was never in the line of sight of the keeper to the ball so he wasn’t offside.

When Tav kicks the ball he is closer to the goal line than the defender, yes. He also then plays at the ball so he’s offside, it’s not complicated.

It’s a marginal call, hardly a shocker from the assistant. Also hardly an outrage for Sportscene to make the point though.

When Tav kicks the ball he is closer to the goal line than the defender, yes. He also then plays at the ball so he’s offside, it’s not complicated.

It’s a marginal call, hardly a shocker from the assistant. Also hardly an outrage for Sportscene to make the point though.

The point is though he doesn’t affect the keepers line of sight at any point, so isn’t interfering with play which means he isn’t offside. The keeper doesn’t even appeal for offside.

The point is though he doesn’t affect the keepers line of sight at any point, so isn’t interfering with play which means he isn’t offside. The keeper doesn’t even appeal for offside.

A player is considered to be “active” if they play at the ball. Goldson clearly does play at the ball. There’s no doubt that would have a distracting effect on the goalkeeper. He was offside!

He is just one of those ex-Rangers players that the media in Scotland seem to love - one that should theoretically be backing us but just can't bring himself to do so in fact he goes out of his way to find negatives almost on a weekly basis.

I am not even sure if he has been back at Ibrox since his playing days but is another one that should be chased if he ever does decide to show up.

Back