“Rodgers is a comedic figure” Alyson Rudd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffa

On last night’s excellent The Game Podcast with Gabriele Marcotti.

Stated that Rodgers could not be taken seriously when trying to convince everyone the Ref was the reason they lost to Valencia last week.

And when trying to demonstrate “Sawns-Alona Football” at Swansea. Mocked his Liverpool documentary and questioned whether he had a friend who could’ve told him it was a ridiculous personae.

Her closing comment “...Rodgers has an inability to disguise the fact he thinks he is cleverer than everyone else”

Quality journalist calling out the Emperor’s New Clothes. All this before today’s move!

He has done well up here, no doubt. However, down south he is ridiculed. Gerrard takes the flak for Liverpool’s ‘almost season’ but some of Rodgers smug tactics that season ultimately cost them the league.

The famous Crystal Palace game was due to him believing that Liverpool could go out and smash a fellow PL team 10-0 in order to catch city’s goal difference.

The infamous Chelsea game was naive tactics too, all he needed was a point, but he went out to prove a point against Mourinho and it ultimately back fired big time.

It’s been seen countless times with the darkside in Europe too. He honestly believes that his teams can play free flowing football against the likes of PSG.

Remember the cringey video where he told the Liverpool team that he had written down the name of a player that would cause the team to fail? David Brent-esque...

I think Brenda's departure could be bad for us. They might get someone in who can spot a player and who can spend their money wisely.

Our saving grace is that he signed 23 players most of whom are between mediocre and rubbish. He received plenty of backing from their board and has left them with a lot of players who they need to get off their books, i.e. Compper (£25k a week for 70 mins of game time). That is why they wouldn't sign McGinn and their wage bill is almost £60m.

I hope all those signings decide to sit tight, a la Bobo Balde and take their dough while the clock keeps moving, tick tock tick tock.

Dont see how this is a positive for us?

Surely if he was that shite we wouldnt he 8 behind

Getting ahead when you have double the budget of your nearest rivals is quite a bit different than trying to do something special with a mid-table EPL club.

He is a decent coach, no one should deny that, but he has little tactical nous and will find it much harder to adapt his rigid brand of football to a team that can't simply outspend those around them.

I think Brenda's departure could be bad for us. They might get someone in who can spot a player and who can spend their money wisely.

Our saving grace is that he signed 23 players most of whom are between mediocre and rubbish. He received plenty of backing from their board and has left them with a lot of players who they need to get off their books, i.e. Compper (£25k a week for 70 mins of game time). That is why they wouldn't sign McGinn and their wage bill is almost £60m.

I hope all those signings decide to sit tight, a la Bobo Balde and take their dough while the clock keeps moving, tick tock tick tock.
Mate, the facts are this. Of the 7 domestic trophies that Brenda was in charge of, he won...... 7. He is a very, very good manager. You could counter the Compper signing by saying he made them over 60 million from 2 champions league runs. In addition, selling fees for players have been huge on the back of this. This is VERY good news for us, mainly because the next guy is a raving lunatic

Surely if he was that shite we wouldnt he 8 behind

You're comparing apples and oranges (pun intended). He inherited a title-winning side, and has enjoyed a significantly higher budget than his rivals to bolster his team and ensure the gap is maintained. He'd have to have been spectacularly incompetent to blow it.

What a load of keech.

Whats Gerrards level then, League 2?
Brenda was up against nothing for seven titles and a massive budget compared to his supposed rivals . This year he’s up against a novice who still has a much smaller budget but is making a fight of the title . I think it’s a fair shout to say he will find his level at the championship

I stopped listening to the game podcast years ago and Alyson Rudd was a big reason. Can’t go the woman.

He may be a laughing stock but Rodgers will do ok at Leicester.

Will be found out at Leicester.He will fail dramatically and end up at a championship club or English division 1.His level.Mans a buffoon.
He won’t be in League1 any time soon. He’s just joined the EPL managerial merry go round. If he does a half decent job (which he is capable of) then he’ll be alongside Moyesey, Pards and Big Sam to be snapped up by any relegation threatened team.

He probably will do well at Leicester because they play his kind of football, but he is not all he is cracked up to be. A liar too.
Expect him to come calling for McGregor and Forrest.

A lot of strange love-in for the rubber-faced manager who has won 7 trophies whilst facing absolutely zero competition, whilst failing miserably when playing against teams of a similar or lower budget and has a god-awful record on the transfer market.

You're utterly embarrassing yourself.

Saying a guy who was a bawhair from winning the Premier league who has just been taken back to the Premier league by a team who won it just a couple of years ago is a league 1 manager doesn't make you any more of a Rangers fan. It just makes you look like a fud.
Answer the question rather than attack the poster, why are you hurting for Brenda ?

Last edited:
A lot of strange love-in for the rubber-faced manager who has won 7 trophies whilst facing absolutely zero competition, whilst failing miserably when playing against teams of a similar or lower budget and has a god-awful record on the transfer market.
...and failed in Europe.

Rodhers has no fight in him, his team show that when you take the game to them. I worry about Lennon because I think he’ll have them up for it. Is he more tactically astute? I dont know, probably not. Will a Lennon sellik who need lose three, lose three in this league? Probably not.

The tranny shagging prick had certainly provided me with plenty laughs today, watching their miserable, grief-stricken faces as the news broke. Ha ha f.ucking ha, get it up the lot of them.

Rodgers gained his reputation as a coach at Swansea where he did well , got the gig at Liverpool , where he inherited a team that had Carragher, Alonso , Gerrard , Suarez , Sterling and Sturridge yet as others have pointed out his lack of tactical nous was shown up , a decent coach but poor manager which is shown up every time he comes up against quality .

Rodgers improved a lot of players at the Tim’s. he isn’t good at buying players but good at bringing the best out of them. No point in denying his coaching ability.

Any opinion on Lenny getting the Mhank job Brenda?
tenor.gif

You're utterly embarrassing yourself.

Saying a guy who was a bawhair from winning the Premier league who has just been taken back to the Premier league by a team who won it just a couple of years ago is a league 1 manager doesn't make you any more of a Rangers fan. It just makes you look like a fud.
Mate he was up against nothing in Scotland, I honestly don’t think you can use his record here as some sort of barometer. I think you’ll get a fairer reflection of his abilities when he played in Europe

Will be found out at Leicester.He will fail dramatically and end up at a championship club or English division 1.His level.Mans a buffoon.
Leicester are in a decent place and can really only go downwards. His transfer record is poor and so it sounds like bad news for the foxes.

I long for the day we get journalists of Marcotti’s ilk in Scotland, not that it would ever be allowed to happen; honesty, integrity and journalistic prowess are forbidden within the Scottish media.

He did a decent column for the Sunday Herald about 15 years ago, before it settled into it's downward spiral and demise.

Rodhers has no fight in him, his team show that when you take the game to them. I worry about Lennon because I think he’ll have them up for it. Is he more tactically astute? I dont know, probably not. Will a Lennon sellik who need lose three, lose three in this league? Probably not.

I agree with you regarding Lennon to a certain extent.

Lennon gets his players to give their all for the team, that is certainly true. Problem is, there are players in that squad who may not buy into Lennons managerial style, I am hopeful that there are a few primadonnas who will just down tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back