“Scoreboard” pressure

BigSteve

Almost told against Dundee Utd where they needed a late winner.

We’ve seen over recent years how always playing catch up is tough.

Away at Hamilton we need to go get the 3 points and see if they can respond 24 hours later.

More than likely they will. Motherwell at home not the toughest game. But pressure does funny things to people. Big 3 points required again in Hamilton.

We have to focus on winning on Sat first and foremost

Yes playing catch is harder but I can’t see Motherwell doing anything at the Paedodome. Motherwell have been shit this season so far

It certainly doesn’t do any harm.

As a somewhat related observation, however, it feels as though we are all feeling the pressure very early in the season. This place goes into meltdown at the first hint of things not immediately going our way. And I don’t think it has anything to do with some tainted number of titles the other mob think they are going for. We are all craving 55. Maybe it also has something to do with us having gone 5 months or so without football and being in lockdown / partial lockdown etc. Maybe it also has something to do with not physically being able to get at Ibrox (I know I feel much more nervous watching on TV than I do when I am at Ibrox). We are 5 games into 38 (unless of course it suits the SPFL to play a different number of games this season.....). I can’t imagine what it will feel like if we are 30 games into the season and it is neck and neck.

I do have a bit of a worry that the pressure might just become too much somewhere down the line.

It certainly doesn’t do any harm.

As a somewhat related observation, however, it feels as though we are all feeling the pressure very early in the season. This place goes into meltdown at the first hint of things not immediately going our way. And I don’t think it has anything to do with some tainted number of titles the other mob think they are going for. We are all craving 55. Maybe it also has something to do with us having gone 5 months or so without football and being in lockdown / partial lockdown etc. Maybe it also has something to do with not physically being able to get at Ibrox (I know I feel much more nervous watching on TV than I do when I am at Ibrox). We are 5 games into 38 (unless of course it suits the SPFL to play a different number of games this season.....). I can’t imagine what it will feel like if we are 30 games into the season and it is neck and neck.

I do have a bit of a worry that the pressure might just become too much somewhere down the line.

Agree, good post. Could be many factors going into this heightened tension, as you point out.

Playing first is always an advantage IMO.

As long as you win! ;)

Yes playing catch is harder but I can’t see Motherwell doing anything at the Paedodome. Motherwell have been shit this season so far

Agree, but you never know. Pressure can tell and we can ensure it is applied.

Reactions: ald
or it could be said ,that if we slip up before they play their game, then it could slightly relieve the pressure on them,i suppose it all comes down to making sure we do our bit and seeing what transpires,

or it could be said ,that if we slip up before they play their game, then it could slightly relieve the pressure on them,i suppose it all comes down to making sure we do our bit and seeing what transpires,
Yep, could give them a shot in the arm before they play. So we need to ensure we turn the screw instead.

At what stage can the tramps still get entirely pumped out of Europe? If they don't get to the group stages of something then the talisman will be down the road which as it stands will be a bigger loss to them tham AM to us.

I'd love to see them forced to field the likes of thumb and gingganggooley.

Had we won against Livi last week then I’m sceptical as to whether they’d have got their late winner yesterday. They’ve not started the season greatly though so playing before them each week at the moment hopefully gives us more chances to put them under pressure.
It really will be interesting to see them and their manager under a bit of pressure. I could certainly see a scenario where they implode. I am not convinced that Lennon copes at all well when things don’t go his way. He is very quick to point the finger of blame at everyone but himself and if that means throwing his players under a bus then he will do it without hesitation. It would be interesting to see how they would cope with a bit more toxicity in and around their squad.

Whilst I don’t think there’s much between the sides at the moment, they look on the way down, whereas we are on the up.

They’ve not added anyone of note and their mainstays look like they’ve regressed. Their problem areas (left back and centre back) look worse than ever.

We have plenty of our own issues but we have new players who are bedding in, plus a lot of youngsters who are going to develop. The only way is up for us.

If we take care of our own business it makes things increasingly difficult for them. It’s a different mind set going into games knowing you have to win - every game becomes nervy and high pressure.

I think we just need to focus on us. Control games, take our chances and beat what’s in front of us.....%^*& the rest of scotlsnd

Had we won against Livi last week then I’m sceptical as to whether they’d have got their late winner yesterday. They’ve not started the season greatly though so playing before them each week at the moment hopefully gives us more chances to put them under pressure.

A good point. Psychology plays a massive role in sport, especially football. Us winning every game would have heaped the pressure on them so early in the season. That late winner for them, in turn, will give them a psychological boost.

So have Livi and Killie, yet have taken points off us and them. Teams will park the bus and it can be hard to break them down if you aren’t on it.

A good point. Psychology plays a massive role in sport, especially football. Us winning every game would have heaped the pressure on them so early in the season. That late winner for them, in turn, will give them a psychological boost.
Possibly. Or they’ll be concerned about how hard it was to break a team down and just be relieved that they did. Who knows? And that’s the point.

I would imagine the Yahoo’s on KDS wouldn’t be doing cartwheels....

The pressure is all on them this year, regardless of when they play, they have convinced themselves they can create history, rather than trying to play it down they have ramped it up, in an attempt to justify it.

The pressure is all on them this year, regardless of when they play, they have convinced themselves they can create history, rather than trying to play it down they have ramped it up, in an attempt to justify it.
Make no doubt, the pressure is on us unfortunately

I have a feeling Turnbull will be out the squad for their next game for obvious reasons.

Motherwell are dire.

They won’t lay a glove on the mentally challengeds at home.

Turnbull won’t be in either squad, as he’ll likely have just finished making the switch to the Tims.

Back