“Tackle” on Roofe

It was a red because that is what I have no doubt a Rangers player would have been given. A shocking tackle but not a shocking decision from a Scottish referee.

And they didn't because they knew it was a yellow.

Some on here want red cards for dirty looks at our players.

Lots of our players were close to this and didn't bat an eyelid.

A yellow every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.
How can you class an out of control tackle, but for the grace of god missed his knee only a Yellow mate?
The intent was there, it was a shocking over the top tackle. Just because he didn't make the contact doesn't demean the intent!

Kemar makes his Rangers debut and gets the 'welcome to Scotland tackle' and Itten gets hacked down in the box.
The implication for me is that the referee does not award a red card or a penalty because it would be unfair to the 'wee' team. Are Scottish referees instructed to give rangers opponents the benefit of the doubt?

As clear a red as you'll see. There was also another shocking foul on Kent early in the second half which didn't even get a yellow card.

I believe most , not all, officials are honest enough. Obviously there are notable exceptions such as Kevin Clancy.

One of the worst decisions last season was the league cup final goal against us. The linesman got that horribly wrong and cost us the trophy. That linesman is very much one of us. Do you think he’s not disappointed?

I know im disappointed when i read this stuff.

Clancy is a cheat but all the other guys watch a re-run of the match and are gutted about the way they (missed) ignored all the bad challenges on the Rangers players.

If its just Clancy why dont the sfa or supervisors just sack him and let all the decent guys get on with it ? Honest Boaby, honest Steven McLean, honest Robertson, honest Beaton honest Euan Anderson.... no chance the next guy Walsh will be at it.

I guess big Craig Thomson was gutted with about 100 of his decisions in crucial games too.

Stonewall red and stonewall penalty denied in that second half. Several other blatant fouls against us totally ignored, all the while St Johnstone are getting free kicks every time they hit the deck.

Pretty standard refereeing performance for a Rangers game to be honest.

The time to highlight these horrendous decisions is after a good win when you can’t be accused of using it as an excuse.

Exactly BT. I'd have gone on the attack if I was Gerrard. Scandalous refereeing.

it's a clear penalty, where was the linesman or 4th official, never slow to get involved when its us.

The ref should be apologising to Roofe for not red carding the player.

Seems this season is continuing the trend of the last few.

Clancy is a cheat but all the other guys watch a re-run of the match and are gutted about the way they (missed) ignored all the bad challenges on the Rangers players.

If its just Clancy why dont the sfa or supervisors just sack him and let all the decent guys get on with it ? Honest Boaby, honest Steven McLean, honest Robertson, honest Beaton honest Euan Anderson.... no chance the next guy Walsh will be at it.

I guess big Craig Thomson was gutted with about 100 of his decisions in crucial games too.

Yeh that’s right. Every official is against Rangers.

What about the Penalty St Mirren didn’t get? Tbh I can’t remember Rangers getting many decisions like this but just blaming every official is lazy. Btw Walsh is another cheating mentally challenged but you have named at least two Rangers supporters in your list of those cheating Rangers.

Ok we don't want cards for dirty looks but out of control straight leg, boot up tackles yes. The ex players will tell you the boy's team were well beaten and his frustration got the better of him.

Shocker of a challenge on Roofe which the ref bottled to show the red.

Absolute stonewaller of a penalty on Itten (I think) that he somehow managed to miss as well.

Brutal.

it's a clear penalty, where was the linesman or 4th official, never slow to get involved when its us.

The ref should be apologising to Roofe for not red carding the player.

Seems this season is continuing the trend of the last few.

I even thought that he was getting so many small decisions wrong from early in the game mate, as well as the two big ones you’ve correctly pointed out.

As stonewall a red as you’ll see but as usual brushed away by the ref.

Sick to death of jobber players having free reign to kick us all over the park

Agreed there was some shocking tackles put into our players and the referee many times shrugged his shoulders and played on.

Piss poor refereeing as usual and it needs to be called out the tackle on Roofe was a disgrace the opposition deliberately targeted him that's for sure.

It’s a stonewall penalty and a stonewall red card.

To be fair to Anderson I thought he had an ok first half but in the second he was shockingly poor.

As for those who are having a go at Gerrard for not calling it out. I believe he will have a private opinion but speaking out risks a ban and there would be a clamour if he was to cause this.

Gerrard needs to come out swinging after tackles like that. Doing it after winning makes it have more credibility. Make no mistake Celtic will pressure the officials into giving them 50/50 decisions throughout the season so we need to play the game

What about the Penalty St Mirren didn’t get? Tbh I can’t remember Rangers getting many decisions like this but just blaming every official is lazy. Btw Walsh is another cheating mentally challenged but you have named at least two Rangers supporters in your list of those cheating Rangers.

Mate the st mirren penalty claim, which should have been a foul to Rangers was mentioned on here by plenty of posters after the game( same posters missing now obv) and im sure it will be a million times before the season is over. It was a foul to Rangers but to be fair and objective which is so important... having given the decision it could easily have been a penalty kick so i suppose something did go our way. Woohoo magic.

We dont get away with the blootering teams around the pitch though, ever, 1 tackle, grab, shove, slap, even handbags can be a straight red. Celtic dont even have to deal with dangerous tackles in their game no ref would allow it.

You seem to have decided the ref has to be a tim to cheat us i think thats absurd, is it impossible for Rangers supporting journos to tell lies and spread tim propaganda too ?

The refs embolden this behaviour from opposition players when they let obvious bookings go earlier on in the game. St. Johnstone should have had at least 2 or 3 yellows before that, and it's a recurring thing in our games.

Doesn't matter if it's intentional or just clumsy because the opposition player is dugshite - it's dangerous and the ref needs to do their job

After a comfortable win is when to call it out.
I posted on the match thread that the referee was letting too much go and needs to “make a statement” to get it stopped.
Later on the thread, I quoted my own post when suggesting the clown had made a statement and that it was okay to hammer through Rangers players.
It was every bit as bad a challenge as Considine against Arfield,

Last December, I listed around ten incidents that a referee might give one way or another and, possibly, for one reason or another, either decision could have been correct or justified.
On every occasion with one exception (Goldson’s hand ball at Hamilton) the decision either went against us or (against Ross County for example) for Celtic.
I’ve never been one for believing referees to be against us.
That said, I have no idea why these 50/50 decisions keep going against us.
Can you help.

I think it was a red because you can't go flying into the tackle like that anymore, however if you look at it from the camera behind the player, he did move his leading foot away from Roofe to avoid injuring him.

As stonewall a red as you’ll see but as usual brushed away by the ref.

Sick to death of jobber players having free reign to kick us all over the park
Straight red that was last night, Roofe was a very lucky boy that he never got a bad injury there , can’t see hoss we’d the ref gave yellow

Good to see us surviving unscathed against the original hammer throwers . What a shower of dirty bastards including the ref. fcukin disgrace

I can’t believe I missed this, I must have went for a piss.

That’s as clear a red as you will ever see, the ref should be forced to miss a game as a result, disgraceful decision.

Horrible tackle. Have to say though I hate when players have the small shin guards.

The ref was off.

You could tell within the first 10 minutes he was going to be a liability in the game.

I think it was Kent who he called for going over the back of Makenna and then when it happened to Hagi at the edge of the box blatant disregad For the exact same foul he called shortly before.

Same shit different day....

And they didn't because they knew it was a yellow.

Some on here want red cards for dirty looks at our players.

Lots of our players were close to this and didn't bat an eyelid.

A yellow every day of the week and twice on a Sunday.

Sorry, Mate, I watched it over and over after the game, it was a straight red.

An absolute shocker off a tackle way over the top off the ball,. Penalty as well but I think the fact he got up and played on went against him. I hope someone is already building up a video of all these incidents cause there are going to be plenty as the season goes on.

It’s a stonewall penalty and a stonewall red card.

To be fair to Anderson I thought he had an ok first half but in the second he was shockingly poor.

As for those who are having a go at Gerrard for not calling it out. I believe he will have a private opinion but speaking out risks a ban and there would be a clamour if he was to cause this.
Now is the time to take a ban.

He doesn't need to be on the touchline in an empty stadium.

Should have been a straight red. I'd like to see an abject serial killing, axe wielding mentalist on our bench.
As soon as we have put the match beyond doubt he can be introduced for the last 10 mins and end the careers of some of these fucking animals.

I was taught sarcasm was the lowest form of wit but you are on the money there

what does my head in is the lack of reaction from our players. Everyone needs to be charging up to the ref and demanding action, and putting some pressure on. And we should be doing it for EVERY questionable tackle, of which there were several before that shocker.

Watching that performance from the ref, it’s almost as if because we are winning and playing well he gives them an easy ride. No I’m not going to give a red, your 3-0 up and cruising it. Rather than following the actual
Rules of the game

This annoys the life out of me and you see it all the time.

Jesus, that gets worse every time I see it. Incredible that that could be deemed worthy only of a booking, in continental leagues that would be a red card and multiple match ban.

Fxxking horrendous challenge - prick had no intention of going for the ball - clear attempt to injury our player.

Was a dreadful touch by Roofe but that doesn’t excuse the horrible assault (no point calling it a tackle).

The ref in general had a stinker for us last night.

Red card for that assault on Roofe.
Clear and obvious penalty for Itten.
The foul that Aribo never got in the corner of the enclosure/broomy was laughable.

Back