“Tackle” on Roofe

U7pkl0Z.jpg

Yellow ffs.

Shocking tackle and if referees aren't willing to properly punish challenges like that then it'll only be a matter of time before one of our players suffer serious injury.

Thought it was much worse initially. Still a straight red. Between that and the missed penalty the referee had a poor night.

The threat to our players tonight was huge. Zero protection from another oaf of a referee.
Never thought it was a particularly dirty game , in fact both teams only had ten fouls each. That one was a red card all day though, and probably should have had a penalty.

Why will referees not apply the rules of the game when it's right in front of their faces ? How can he possibly see that as only a yellow. Absolute red card.

The most obvious bias in scottish football is in refereeing.

I have no idea why people cannot if you think any of these refs ignore dangerous challenges or encourage these teams to get stuck in when they play Celtic, you really are crazy.

Why will referees not apply the rules of the game when it's right in front of their faces ? How can he possibly see that as only a yellow. Absolute red card.

Because hes thinking about his own career, hes a young ref or one thats not had much top level experience, if he starts giving red cards to the opposition at Ibrox or penalty kicks to Rangers then the chances are he will back doing championship or even a lower level possibly.

He just said there he doesn't mind the physicality as long as it's done in the right way. No mention of the specific assault which is a bit disappointing.
More than a little disappointing from Gerrard. He nearly lost a new player for half the season with that challenge which was a disgrace. Never mind that he wasn't in fact seriously hurt. He really should be highlighting that incident.

It was a disgraceful tackle, straight red every day of the week. There was a challenge on Hagi earlier too that was a booking that I also thought could have been red.

When you watch other leagues and what gets punished there compared to what defenders get away with in Scotland, you can see one of the reasons why the national team has been so poor for the past 40 years. Ball players are simply not protected in our country

I think its unfair to expect Gerrard to speak about the refs cheating all the time when no one else ever does, hes also a manager under pressure. My guess, and it is a complete guess, is the board have asked him to respect the match officials as its dignfied, the Rangers way.

Why dont ex players write or speak about it they are supposed to love the club and will know the bias was there long before Gerrard joined, it will also still be there when he moves on.

I’m not sure what else needs to happen. Referees are never going to have it easier without any crowds.

That prick could have ended Roofe’s Rangers career before it had even started.

Luck played a huge part in that tackle not resulting in a serious injury to Roofe.
Disgraceful decision from the ref.

Ref was shite as per a player was riding Hagi like a donkey in the first half and he didn't even give the foul

More discreet cheating by our men in the middle.
Terrible challenge on Roofe.
There again what about challenge in Hagi on edge of box in first half?
Few other fly wee tackles went unpunished.
First few mins of first half he was whistle happy giving fouls to them..
No change this season then from our referees.

Scottish refs must have been hypnotized by Paul McKenna that any challenge on a rangers player is at worst a yellow but any tackle from a rangers player red card

First couple of games the refs have been decent but it was back to normal tonight with a bizarre refereeing performance and that’s me being kind.

Shocker, straight red.

Hot night, poor footballer and was getting run around for 80mins by players far better than him. That was him getting his frustration out.
You could see in his reaction after it that he was out for a body.
Scottish football mentality from a premiership team.
Sums up the state of our game. If the refs don't play to the rules then it's a free for all.
The standard is getting worse.

Disgusting tackle. But its times when these things happen i feel our players should be hounding the ref straight away to do the right thing & let these so called officials know they aint getting away with it. You know for sure if it was them all 11 of their players would be forcing the refs hand

Tackle is bad enough and worth a red, but as Roofe is on the deck, the guy has another dig. But he's a Rangers player so it is OK. Better get use to it quickly.

I was worried sick for Roofe when I seen it at first. If he made contact with his knee that was it. An absolute shocker, one of our guys did that and he would have seen red. The ref was rotten tonight

If one of our lads did that and was sent off, we'd all be raging and crying conspiracy.

Back