“The CL is boring...”

Boring? No.

Predictable? Yes.

Need to go back to open draws, and bugger it if 3 teams from same country drawn in same group.

The new WCC is gonna be shite.

Spread the wealth.

One day it will be European leagues divisions 1 to 10 or more, the creme will be at the top, us and scum? Way way down moving up the league's if good enough, dropping down if not.
Fixture list for us on div 10 could be rangers v Gothenburg, Bruges v rangers, Newcastle v rangers. Etc..
Ok I'm on holiday buds in the sun mode but it's the way to go imo

It's the best club tournament in the world, featuring many of the best players in the game. I don't see how any football fan could find that boring. Find a new hobby.

About time they re-named it considering the majority of clubs taking part aren't their countries respective champions

Having 4 teams each from the big 5 has basically made the CL a closed shop.Same teams nearly every year.I find it boring unless the rhats are getting scudded of course!

I haven’t watched it for years. But from the last 16 onwards there was some great games this season. Really enjoyed it.

The latter stages were decent this year.

Take the point a lot of the group stages are dreary and predictable.

In saying that, there were a few performances that were a joy to behold......;)

It is boring.

I can tell you right now that the last 4 next season will be from Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Juvetus, Man City and PSG.

Having 4 teams each from the big 5 has basically made the CL a closed shop.Same teams nearly every year.I find it boring unless the rhats are getting scudded of course!
Thing is, if we want the best possible quality in the showpiece tournament, that requires the inclusion of the third best teams in England and Spain and the exclusion of the champions of Iceland and Hungary, for example. A champions only tournament would mean a reduction in quality.

This season's finalists finished third in Spain and fourth in England, but are top quality teams.

Thing is, if we want the best possible quality in the showpiece tournament, that requires the inclusion of the third best teams in England and Spain and the exclusion of the champions of Iceland and Hungary, for example. A champions only tournament would mean a reduction in quality.

This season's finalists finished third in Spain and fourth in England, but are top quality teams.

Short term it would but what about long term?

Would it not spread the money and the best players throughout the different leagues of Europe a bit more and lead to a more level playing field across the board?

Short term it would but what about long term?

Would it not spread the money and the best players throughout the different leagues of Europe a bit more and lead to a more level playing field across the board?
It may do, yes. I don't think the Champions League is perfect at all, but it's how to maintain the quality of the tournament whilst making it competitive.

I'll say this though.

I haven't seen a boring Champions League Final since 2003.

They've all been great viewing since that borefest

There's not many annual competitions that can boast that.

I'll say this though.

I haven't seen a boring Champions League Final since 2003.

They've all been great viewing since that borefest

There's not many annual competitions that can boast that.
That's true!
To be fair most Cup Finals regardless if it's at Junior level or International level tend to be cagey affairs with nobody wanting to make a mistake but most of the CL Finals have been decent affairs.

One day it will be European leagues divisions 1 to 10 or more, the creme will be at the top, us and scum? Way way down moving up the league's if good enough, dropping down if not.
Fixture list for us on div 10 could be rangers v Gothenburg, Bruges v rangers, Newcastle v rangers. Etc..
Ok I'm on holiday buds in the sun mode but it's the way to go imo

I think this is essentially what the nations league is testing. See how it works, if successful then implement it into club football at the next round of CL/EL changes in a few years.

Back