“The Hummel Training Centre” no more?

MichaelSeafarer

I’ve noticed on club social media outlets and the website that Rangers are no longer using The Hummel Training Centre naming rights.

Both the Women’s game at the weekend and today’s closed doors match with Partick refer it as “The Rangers Training Centre”

the woman's game at weekend has "hummel training centre" on the advertisement

Last week they still were still advertising it
Rangers Women

@RangersWFC

IT’S MATCHDAY!

SWPL 1

Hearts

The #RangersFC Training Centre

Kick Off 14:00

Pay at the Gate: Adults £5 | Concessions £3 | Children £1
https://twitter.com/RangersWFC/status/1231536455555731456/photo/1

ERdL3_GX0AEZzas

But on Sunday the twitter for Rangers Women for the game

ERdi16sXUAA3BYs

They were advertising for a new kit sponsor last week. I thought we aren’t allowed to use Hummel anymore because the contract was done illegally.

you would think Rangers would adknowldege a change of circumstances, rather than just quietly changing things on twitter etc

The lingering omnishambles that are our retail and kit arrangements is a total embarrassment for the board who have taken for mugs by Mike Ashley. That's why there is no acknowledgement of it.

What part of "cant comment on ongoing legal cases " do people not understand?

Of course that is right

It more due to the fact the Hummel has now been dropped from the name of the Training Centre that has only happened that people are taking notice

Hummel hasn't been referred on the backing boards at press conference interview even the official club sponsors on the website etc since September I think

A testimony to the folly of slapping sponsors names onto something that will outlast the sponsor.

Although we don't know the details, I think Hummel are being short-sighted here.

The scale and the exposure associated with landing a tier one contract like Rangers must have been a good thing for them.

Their legal advice might have been that we're not worth the hassle but I think they're missing a trick.

They really could have established a long and profitable relationship with Rangers.

Am guessing that the non payment of the £2.8m by Elite/Hummel and the need for court action to recover this sum has led the Club to consider the contract with them to be at an end due to such a material breach.

We are not allowed to do anything to support the Hummel agreement - it could be that SD have raised the Training centre name

Am guessing that the non payment of the £2.8m by Elite/Hummel and the need for court action to recover this sum has led the Club to consider the contract with them to be at an end due to such a material breach.
Is the payment being withheld or are they point blank refusing to pay?
If it was being withheld due to say other ongoing legal issues then that wouldn’t constitute a “material breach”.

I feel like Hummel are the ones who have pulled it, did they not previously cite that we failed to provide Ibrox advertising space because of SD court case?

I would think paying to have the training centre naming rights would have nothing to do with the SD retail deal and would be a separate deal, but SD seem to have such a loaded contract in their favour nothing would surprise me with them anymore.

I’ve noticed on club social media outlets and the website that Rangers are no longer using The Hummel Training Centre naming rights.

Both the Women’s game at the weekend and today’s closed doors match with Partick refer it as “The Rangers Training Centre”
It’s not on the website either last time I checked as part of sponsors at bottom of page. That was since last week.

Everyone has missed that the judge ruled that we had to end our relationships with Hummel/elite for the 2020/21 season.
We had a three-year contract that we were unable to keep to.
The judge ruled that we had not given the fat man the opportunity to match the deal on the table.
Given that Elite have not handed over £2.5 million (And the fat man is probably behind that) it is no surprise to me that the Hummel connection has also gone.
I just hope no one is buying merchandise from elite or the fat man!!!!

The fact it has been removed today tells us all we need to know.

The contract/relationship with Hummell is broken.

So we can all expect yet more litigation.
Hummel released a statement on Sunday saying the deal was over, Rangers lied and it was going to Court . More unnecessary shite by our crowd of amateurs

I’d rather they update us when something actually happens on the Retail front. I genuinely don’t think people will be happy until we have the minutes from the board meetings. We’re still not being run as a “normal” football club with the litigation and the fall out from the last few years still hanging around. Wish some fans would take a reality check at times.

I’d rather they update us when something actually happens on the Retail front. I genuinely don’t think people will be happy until we have the minutes from the board meetings. We’re still not being run as a “normal” football club with the litigation and the fall out from the last few years still hanging around. Wish some fans would take a reality check at times.
Enough has been said in the read between the lines statement.

Which is as we all know such a brilliant strategy it's amazing world leaders don't employ it too! :(
Sorry, but dignified silence is in regards to media and refereeing, not keeping fans updated due to legal reasons and for not publically telling the world (I.e. SD) everything is not dignified silence ffs. It makes no sense.

Back