“The Hummel Training Centre” no more?

Sorry, but dignified silence is in regards to media and refereeing, not keeping fans updated due to legal reasons and for not publically telling the world (I.e. SD) everything is not dignified silence ffs. It makes no sense.
Err I was joking?

What part of "cant comment on ongoing legal cases " do people not understand?
What legal case?

Rangers can at least confirm whether there is a legal case with Elite/Hummel and leabe it at that.......

The usual shite though, say nothing maybe no one will notice......

What legal case?

Rangers can at least confirm whether there is a legal case with Elite/Hummel and leabe it at that.......

The usual shite though, say nothing maybe no one will notice......

Rangers have confirmed they have launched legal action against Elite.

Lot of speculation on this thread that’s not helpful in terms of which party is to blame - truth is we don’t know what’s going on.

To be fair not every fan lives constantly on FF and there was a supposed statement from Hummel on a thread last week that there was much debate concerning the legitimacy of.

This now seems accepted as a fake.

We don’t need board meeting minutes but clarity on merchandising partners is useful for the 10,000s who want to buy Rangers kit for themselves or their kids.

To be honest I’m not sure the breakdown of the Elite / Hummel partnership is common knowledge among our fanbase. I mean some have yet to realise the Mega Store is toxic!

It feels like we'll never have a normal kit manufacturer relationship ever again.

The spivs and crooks who signed the Sports Direct contracts should be sued. Surely they can be shown not to have acted in the best interests of Rangers?

People asking for a statement, what exactly do you think publicly advertising for a new supplier and taking down all of the Hummel banners at Auchenhowie is?

We aren't allowed to directly comment, this is the clubs way of letting us know.

Can you provide a link to or a screenshot of this statement?

@Captain_Buns

this is from Celticquicknews

Hummel UK and The Elite Group issued a statement today noting they were rescinding their agreement with Rangers FC [sic.] with immediate effect, “due to the club being in material breach of contract.” They add that they have commenced legal proceedings against the club.

The statement reads:

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group was proud to have entered into a supplier agreement with Rangers Football Club in good faith in March 2018. We saw this as an opportunity to work together for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the Hummel brand.

“However, despite being given warranties and assurances by the Rangers board that the club was free to enter into their arrangement, it transpired that Rangers had previously signed a conflicting agreement with a third party.

“The club has therefore been unable to fulfil its obligations to Hummel & The Elite Group, which would have included the creation of a Hummel branded area within the Ibrox Megastore, along with crucial marketing activity such as perimeter advertising, player activations, and promotion on the Rangers FC website.

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group has nonetheless made payments to Rangers totalling c. £2.5m and supplied kit worth approximately £1m. Despite doing all of this in good faith, we are now facing some public statements from Rangers which are not correct.

“We have been unable to find a way forward despite making repeated efforts to reach out to the club. It is with regret that we have therefore rescinded our agreement with Rangers FC with immediate effect, due to the club being in material breach of contract.

“We remain willing to try and resolve matters with Rangers FC on an amicable basis. Contrary to reports, Rangers is not owed any further payments from Hummel UK & The Elite Group at this time and we are disappointed by Rangers’ decision to commence legal proceedings in respect of these issues. Those proceedings will not result in any payment to Rangers and are an unwelcome and unnecessary distraction for the club, its fans and Hummel.

“We have now begun our own legal proceedings against Rangers which we are very confident will result in a positive outcome so we can all move forward.”

This afternoon, Newco Rangers online store’s is selling Puma produced replica shirts from the 2017-18 season.

Next week, I plan to discuss financial matters with significant consequences for Newco. They should not get too excited about the prospect of two Scottish entrants to the Champions League in 2021.

Also, I have had the statement since before 10:00 this morning (been in meetings since). Curious that it has not been carried by the mainstreams.

I fully expect Sports Direct to be our retail partner next season.Which means not a single penny from me q
@Captain_Buns

Hummel UK and The Elite Group issued a statement today noting they were rescinding their agreement with Rangers FC [sic.] with immediate effect, “due to the club being in material breach of contract.” They add that they have commenced legal proceedings against the club.

The statement reads:

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group was proud to have entered into a supplier agreement with Rangers Football Club in good faith in March 2018. We saw this as an opportunity to work together for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the Hummel brand.

“However, despite being given warranties and assurances by the Rangers board that the club was free to enter into their arrangement, it transpired that Rangers had previously signed a conflicting agreement with a third party.

“The club has therefore been unable to fulfil its obligations to Hummel & The Elite Group, which would have included the creation of a Hummel branded area within the Ibrox Megastore, along with crucial marketing activity such as perimeter advertising, player activations, and promotion on the Rangers FC website.

“Hummel UK & The Elite Group has nonetheless made payments to Rangers totalling c. £2.5m and supplied kit worth approximately £1m. Despite doing all of this in good faith, we are now facing some public statements from Rangers which are not correct.

“We have been unable to find a way forward despite making repeated efforts to reach out to the club. It is with regret that we have therefore rescinded our agreement with Rangers FC with immediate effect, due to the club being in material breach of contract.

“We remain willing to try and resolve matters with Rangers FC on an amicable basis. Contrary to reports, Rangers is not owed any further payments from Hummel UK & The Elite Group at this time and we are disappointed by Rangers’ decision to commence legal proceedings in respect of these issues. Those proceedings will not result in any payment to Rangers and are an unwelcome and unnecessary distraction for the club, its fans and Hummel.

“We have now begun our own legal proceedings against Rangers which we are very confident will result in a positive outcome so we can all move forward.”

This afternoon, Newco Rangers online store’s is selling Puma produced replica shirts from the 2017-18 season.

Next week, I plan to discuss financial matters with significant consequences for Newco. They should not get too excited about the prospect of two Scottish entrants to the Champions League in 2021.

Also, I have had the statement since before 10:00 this morning (been in meetings since). Curious that it has not been carried by the mainstreams.
%^*& sake we are now using CQN as a source on here.

@Captain_Buns

The statement reads:

Yes it’s very curious that no other outlet than CQN has picked this story up. Not even anything on Hummel’s own website. Curious indeed.

Although we don't know the details, I think Hummel are being short-sighted here.

The scale and the exposure associated with landing a tier one contract like Rangers must have been a good thing for them.

Their legal advice might have been that we're not worth the hassle but I think they're missing a trick.

They really could have established a long and profitable relationship with Rangers.

Maybe the people they have to deal with are not up to it and dont fill them with confidence.

I know the board scare me.

Although we don't know the details, I think Hummel are being short-sighted here.

The scale and the exposure associated with landing a tier one contract like Rangers must have been a good thing for them.

Their legal advice might have been that we're not worth the hassle but I think they're missing a trick.

They really could have established a long and profitable relationship with Rangers.

The court ordered the seperation.

Can you provide a link to or a screenshot of this statement?
[/Hummel UK & The Elite Group was proud to have entered into a supplier agreement with Rangers Football Club in good faith in March 2018. We saw this as an opportunity to work together for the benefit of the club, its supporters and the Hummel brand. However, despite being given warranties and assurances by the Rangers board that the club was free to enter into their arrangement, it transpired that Rangers had previously signed a conflicting agreement with a third party. The club has therefore been unable to fulfil its obligations to Hummel & The Elite Group, which would have included the creation of a Hummel branded area within the Ibrox Megastore, along with crucial marketing activity such as perimeter advertising, player activations, and promotion on the Rangers FC website. Hummel UK & The Elite Group has nonetheless made payments to Rangers totalling c. £2.5m and supplied kit worth approximately £1m. Despite doing all of this in good faith, we are now facing some public statements from Rangers which are not correct. We have been unable to find a way forward despite making repeated efforts to reach out to the club. It is with regret that we have therefore rescinded our agreement with Rangers FC with immediate effect, due to the club being in material breach of contract. We remain willing to try and resolve matters with Rangers FC on an amicable basis. Contrary to reports, Rangers is not owed any further payments from Hummel UK & The Elite Group at this time and we are disappointed by Rangers’ decision to commence legal proceedings in respect of these issues. Those proceedings will not result in any payment to Rangers and are an unwelcome and unnecessary distraction for the club, its fans and Hummel. We have now begun our own legal proceedings against Rangers which we are very confident will result in a positive outcome so we can all move forward.”

I fully expect Sports Direct to be our retail partner next season.Which means not a single penny from me q

%^*& sake we are now using CQN as a source on here.

No I am using it as a source but a quick google brings it up under that site

I didn't know a fake statement even existed?

The very fact that the release mentions Newco Rangers makes me think it’s a Paed fc fan with too much tim on his hands,

If they’re wasting their time trying to wind us up it’s kerping them away from the kindergartens and nurseries of their locale.

The very fact that the release mentions Newco Rangers makes me think it’s a Paed fc fan with too much tim on his hands,

If they’re wasting their time trying to wind us up it’s kerping them away from the kindergartens and nurseries of their locale.

it was confirmed as a Tim wind up yes

Elite was a joint venture with Hummel, so as it stands we will be scrabbling around for a new supplier right now.

The Rangers brand - in a retail sense - is completely toxic so I dread to think who we will get, or how much they’d pay. I suspect we’ll get a decent ‘headline’ deal but take template kits, ala Aberdeen.

This is partly down to Fat Mike, but we’ve played our part. The quality of executive in the Boardroom is abysmal, and it’s never more cruelly-exposed than when dealing with a wealthy, litigious nightmare like SDI.

I’m still not clear what we paid the £3m to SDI for, and now we’ve damaged our relationship with Hummel, who had been doing a good job.

The quality of our legal advice has also been atrocious - but that’s another story.

Depressing all round

@Captain_Buns

The statement reads:

poet cunts just couldn't help themselves.

Bullshit statement, as we already know.

It feels like we'll never have a normal kit manufacturer relationship ever again.

The spivs and crooks who signed the Sports Direct contracts should be sued. Surely they can be shown not to have acted in the best interests of Rangers?
Again it was renegotiate by the current lot and they have made an even bigger arse of it.

Sleep at night knowing you are using the phrase dignified silence in completely the wrong context.
Again? Honestly, I have no idea why you're determined to ensure that those weasel words have some standing.
I'd say most see them as meaning something like "we'll hear nothing from the board and some will try to portray that as the right thing to do".
Anyway, enough from me.

Back