“They’ll definitely be better than last season”

It took us until the 17th January last season before we dropped as many points as we already have this season and we aren’t even out of September. It’s going to be a very different season to last year, comparisons are just bonkers. We will never again in our lifetimes see a league campaign like last season, our players were so focussed like men possessed.

The next four league games we play Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and St Mirren, if we take full points from those four fixtures it piles on some pressure to Angelo and will also show we are finding some form. Absolutely imperative we collect maximum points no more Fck ups

It took us until the 17th January last season before we dropped as many points as we already have this season and we aren’t even out of September. It’s going to be a very different season to last year, comparisons are just bonkers. We will never again in our lifetimes see a league campaign like last season, our players were so focussed like men possessed.

The next four league games we play Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen and St Mirren, if we take full points from those four fixtures it piles on some pressure to Angelo and will also show we are finding some form. Absolutely imperative we collect maximum points no more Fck ups
You are missing the point of the thread.

All summer all we heard was Rangers will not win as many points and Celtic will definitely be better and collect more points.

Few if us debated the Rangers comment. It’s entirely unlikely and statistically improbable we could reach or exceed the points tally of an undefeated season. None of us really argued that.

But a few of us debated the oft preached mantra forced on everyone that they would definitely be better and definitely accumulate more points. Currently that looks highly improbable.

Debating a point someone has made with an argument on a different point is bonkers. ;)

We dropped 4 points in the first 8 games of last season.
We've dropped 5 points in the first 7 games this season.

The main difference has been level of performance rather than results.

Performances have been down, yet we're top of the league and in the Europa Group stages.
I believe performances will improve soon and I'm basing that purely on trusting the management team and the players to get it right. I think we owe them a little trust.

Performances have been down, yet we're top of the league and in the Europa Group stages.
I believe performances will improve soon and I'm basing that purely on trusting the management team and the players to get it right. I think we owe them a little trust.
Absolutely.

Few different aspects the manager had to take into account over the summer which haven't helped but we will come good performance wise.

Can’t see Angeball giving Hibs or Aberdeen the fear either. A team that would’ve been improved today with Duffy at Centre Half…. Let that sink in
Duffy has been doing ok at Brighton this season
Hard though it is for all of us who so enjoyed his contribution to 55 to accept it may not have been him that was the problem

Reactions: TQ3
Duffy has been doing ok at Brighton this season
Hard though it is for all of us who so enjoyed his contribution to 55 to accept it may not have been him that was the problem

No, he was absolutely dreadful for them last season. Doing well for Brighton this season doesn't change that. Duffy's hardly the first player to underestimate Scottish football and get a rude awakening.

Reactions: TQ3
I'm a worst cunt and always err on the side of caution, assuming we will face a challenge - but I have to say your continued un-wavering confidence always puts things into perspective and makes me feel good about the world.

Fuck the scum.
I was thinking about this the other day

Its partly a wind up. Knowing people are asking for these odds will boil the mhankies little minds.

But given they only lost 5 games last year and they've already lost 3, its a question worth asking Mr Hill, Power and 365 imo. :D

4 points worse off than after 4 games last season ;)

If people point out we didn’t play them til the 10th game last season, they still need to win 6 on the spin to stay in touching distance of last season’s tally at that point.
They'll beat last season's points tally.

Small sample size this season admittedly but

Last year they dropped points in ~40% of games. 11 of those 16 games were draws

This year they've dropped points in 50% of games, 3 of the 4 matches being losses.

That suggests less points this year is entirely probable. Albeit, there rill be different runs of form at different times of year.

I would suggest at the start of the season the idea they would get more points this year was a solid expectation. I round say as of round 8 of fixtures it looks no better than 50:50.

With the wee fella they have up front he is going to save their blushes on many occasions this season.

He will get a good goal tally.

But, he will be hard pushed not to trigger injuries playing too much.

With the wee fella they have up front he is going to save their blushes on many occasions this season.

He will get a good goal tally.

But, he will be hard pushed not to trigger injuries playing too much.
How many of the games did he play so far when they dropped points?

Genuine question. Don’t know.

Against your point, bare in mind did Edouard, Christie and Ajer not play in some of those early wins.

Against your point, bare in mind did Edouard, Christie and Ajer not play in some of those early wins.

Hatrick v Dundee
Scored v AZ which they won
Scored v Hearts which they won
Scored v Jalbonec (both legs) which they won
Scored v Aberdeen which they won

His contribution made a difference in the 4 teams above (they Scored 6 against Dundee).

So he is a player which looks like he can save them but he will burn out.

Hatrick v Dundee
Scored v AZ which they won
Scored v Hearts which they won
Scored v Jalbonec (both legs) which they won
Scored v Aberdeen which they won

His contribution made a difference in the 4 teams above (they Scored 6 against Dundee).

So he is a player which looks like he can save them but he will burn out.
3 league wins
2 defeats (Balogun’s back pocket and 11 mins v Hearts)

I think they’ll have less points, there team is far worse than last season. Edouard as much as he never tried at times still scored plenty of goals. There issue last season was defending and they look far worse at that this season. They have worse squad depth than last season as well. They sold Christie, who has never done it against us but was always decent against the other teams in the league, and they never replaced him.

He isn’t far off being the best player in the world will definitely score at least three the next time we play them:))

They have no chance of winning the league, there's a better chance of them finishing third than winning the league. But it wont stay like that. I think they will keep this manager as we did SG after an indifferent first season and they will be a different animal next season.

Rangers have far and away the best squad in the league. And while I don't usually like over confidence this season should play out comfortably with another league win.

That would mean CL money which hopefully they would miss out on giving us yet another leap towards building a period of dominance.

And just in passing given the recent Newcastle gossip around Gerrard I feel what I described above is what Gerrard has been aiming for before considering leaving.

He came into an ailing club that couldn't even make second in the league far less first. Turned them into record breaking champions but I feel may only decide the job is done when titles and trophies are being raked in with his team in the ascendancy.

I'm sure I remember him once saying that CL knockout stages were a minimum requirement in his view. He's not there yet but potentially could be.

Can’t see Angeball giving Hibs, or Hearts or Aberdeen the fear either. A team that would’ve been improved today with Duffy at Centre Half…. Let that sink in
Duffy has been doing OK since going back to Brighton ? - perhaps Potter has got him into a different psyche but not for the long term though !

Last edited:
Back