“Title in our own hands”

Whilst I agree :D

Not many on this board will give it a second thought, just about every player has had a thread of how poor they are after last night.
Few glass half full on here.

Maybe they are storing up their support and backing for Saturday.

One game at a time.
I like the way we have been plugging away recently, dark horses.
We COULD win it, we won’t in my honest opinion unless we get a win or draw against them at the end of the month.
They’re far from the team many would have you believe. They’ve only scored 4 more than us, the main problem is that they’ve conceded 9 less. Those are the margins that we need to close as well, turn losses into draws and draws into wins

Not many on this board will give it a second thought, just about every player has had a thread of how poor they are after last night.

If by 'just about every player' you mean 1 single player, with 8 individuals being singled out for praise then you are on the money....

If we win all our games up until the new year and get a result against the bheasts then it's a great opportunity and I would hope the board would sanction some signings in January.

Those rats haven't won four games in a row yet this season. Bring it fu.cking on, can't wait to hear their screams of agony as Lee Wallace hoists the league trophy high into the Govan sky.

As a great man once said: keep believing!

s5ctnt.jpg

My favourite line currently too and when met with pure outrage and indignation a simple “are you saying it’s not a fact?” is usually met with an unhappy grunt of “never going to happen” and you can just smile back at them.

If by 'just about every player' you mean 1 single player, with 8 individuals being singled out for praise then you are on the money....

Must have been dreaming, with all the negative comments, Tav, John and Alves.
Candias, Morelos and even Windas were getting it. The 6 minute sub Herrera was not missed either.
Wes, Wilson, McCrorie and Barjonas got praise.
Windas went from zero to hero after his goal.
As a forum support it is 10 times worse that the home crowd at Ibrox.

Must have been dreaming, with all the negative comments, Tav, John and Alves.
Candias, Morelos and even Windas were getting it. The 6 minute sub Herrera was not missed either.
Wes, Wilson, McCrorie and Barjonas got praise.
Windas went from zero to hero after his goal.
As a forum support it is 10 times worse that the home crowd at Ibrox.

Positive player threads on first page (including a double player thread)
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/danny-wilson.12827/#post-584631
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/windass-morelos.12791/#post-584641
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/foddy.12800/
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/jason-holt.12742/
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/barjonas-great-game.12717/#post-581277
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/big-eddie-hererra.12794/
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/josh-windass-well-done-lad.12697/

negative player threads on first page
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...disgraceful-attitude.12735/page-2#post-581637
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/declan-john.12775/page-2#post-583937

Neutral/open question threads on first page
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/alves.12763/page-2#post-583577

7(8) positive, 2 negative and 1 either way.....

So yes, you are dreaming.

The players have, generally and despite 2 poor performances that turned out wins, been getting good praise for grinding out results in difficult circumstances.

We need to start winning the old firm games in ordet to achieve the title

Winning the other games is all well and good but the team need to arrest this old firm game rot !

NL
It's about opinions, we win and lose as a TEAM, most of your threads you say are positive also contain negatives.
So we will agree to disagree.
3pts from an away venue with a team cobbled together is deserving of all round praise.

NL
It's about opinions, we win and lose as a TEAM, most of your threads you say are positive also contain negatives.
So we will agree to disagree.
3pts from an away venue with a team cobbled together is deserving of all round praise.

You can agree to disagree all you like, you were wrong, as the links clearly show :D

The negative threads also have positive comments :D

Unfortunately The Infiltration of 19th Century Terrorists on message boards means negative threads and posts won't stop.

I have a feeling we will make it 5 wins in a row and they will lose on Sunday...
The odds are that both us and them won`t both win on the same round of fixtures. Last night it happened but that`s the exception not the norm.

I’ve been thinking about this all day!

Whilst I don’t think we’ll win title, say we win all our games up to the piggery and the mhanks drop a couple of points. If we avoid defeat or even sneak a win on the 30th.....on the face of it you’d have to say we are in a title race!

Now if that’s the case (and it’s a massive if) imo the board would be totally negligent if we didn’t have a manager and 2-3 squad reinforcements being brought in, in January!

I don’t expect to be in that position but our board should be looking to capitalise on the off chance.

Financially and as a squad we are well behind them but we are only 2-3 quality players away from being head and shoulders above the rest of the competition and that’s the difference between picking up 1 point or all three on the bulk of the remaining games! I’d actually go as far as (if I were in the board) releasing significant funds for that purpose.....we may not be ready for an assault at champions league but winning title denies them the opportunity and narrows the income stream gap in one go! Winning the title this year whilst unlikely would be MASSIVE in closing long term gap.

All pie in the sky stuff from me...but if we are in that position post new year I think it’s like anything in life where you have to pick your moment and go for it!

As you say....it’s in our own hands!

Fact of the matter is that wins against Hamilton and Dundee and we'd be top of the league. They look really costly now. Realistically I don't see us putting a good enough run together to get close enough. However, tims are dropping points...if they keep doing that....

Now that is the line you use with them "how come you cannae win 4 in a row like us?"

This was brought up last night, i'm sure the stat is no spl team has won more than 4 in a row this season, quick look last night celtic and aberdeen at least have had 4 straight, but rangers winning this week would be the first to claim 5 back to back victories.

And yet to read the papers and listen to the phone ins you could well believe 'the invincibles' were steam rollering everything in their path.

3 more must win games before the old firm which we should win. With some of our best players returning in that period and no more injuries or suspensions.

If the gap closes any more between now and then they will pressure referees. Should we take even a point at the chamber of secrets the implosion will commence and i will enjoy every single moment.

We will finish minimum 15 points behind them.

We will not win the league, but I can see us being a good bit closer than that. They will lose at some stage and it might kick off a little period of them dropping points.

We need to remember that as fucking terrible as we were for the start of the season, a win today puts us 2 behind them, albeit with the games in hand. They have drawn plenty so far. If we can put a wee run together, we should start to at least make them think.

Realistically the goal is strong clear 2nd, as fans there is nothing wrong with dreaming and every chance of winding the soap dodgers up must be taken, 55 in 18

Depends on what both clubs do in January.

If Brendan Rogers Men is not allowed to spend money that would be a plus.

If we buy sell right then who knows.

We would have to go on a helluva run.

Celtic can go 8 clear by winning next two Hearts and Partick. However, i thought they would drop 4 points from the Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen games. Still think that. Meaning it'll only be 6 points difference going into the next derby

Murty needs to keep winning Saints and Motherwell at home and Killie away are all win able. Would give us 7 in a row run - that's title winning potential !

Or just realism, if we get a good second I'll be happy.

We will finish minimum 15 points behind them.
No we won't, between 6/8 points will be the distance, that's if they don't lose too many points, because we are grinding out wins, that installs confidence and tbh they aren't any great shakes, we keep our form we will put pressure on them going into the league run in, something they haven't had for a few years, be interesting to see how they would cope with a pressure and realistic challenge they've never had

No we won't, between 6/8 points will be the distance, that's if they don't lose too many points, because we are grinding out wins, that installs confidence and tbh they aren't any great shakes, we keep our form we will put pressure on them going into the league run in, something they haven't had for a few years, be interesting to see how they would cope with a pressure and realistic challenge they've never had[/QUOT

Do you still think between 6-8 points ?

No we won't, between 6/8 points will be the distance, that's if they don't lose too many points, because we are grinding out wins, that installs confidence and tbh they aren't any great shakes, we keep our form we will put pressure on them going into the league run in, something they haven't had for a few years, be interesting to see how they would cope with a pressure and realistic challenge they've never had

6-8 points you say !!!

Back