“We are the fourth seed everyone wants to avoid”

A poster in here said it when we were all looking at who we wanted to avoid and who we wanted to get in the Europa league draw.

Looking like quiet a sage comment now. Have any other 4th seeds had remotely close to as good a start as we have?

Villarreal manager said exactly the same thing when draw was made.

A poster in here said it when we were all looking at who we wanted to avoid and who we wanted to get in the Europa league draw.

Looking like quiet a sage comment now. Have any other 4th seeds had remotely close to as good a start as we have?
yes....there's a mob called sarpsborg who were in it from the start this season. They're in group I and have a point less than us on the board....was watching re runs on BT sport today

I thought Red Star were the only team to get through the group stages after starting off in round 1.

Might be wrong.

Be on your way!

I tried that, set off at full time on a Saturday afternoon after watching Rangers lose 0-1? against Hearts.

In a peugeot 206 from Madrid for a game v Inter Milan that we couldn't get into.
I didn't know how I was getting there and didn't care.
Watched the game in a boozer about a kilometer from the stadium.

I now try plan things a little better. :oops:

**cheeky edit

Think this might have been me (I’m taking the credit anyway :) )and you’re correct it was on the thread where a lot of posters were hoping for the ‘glamour’ ties which sort of smacked of a ‘happy to be there’ attitude.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand the reservations and a bit of realism is sometimes required but I think this team will continue to surprise us. We may well fall short this season but when you have PROPER winners leading you, it filters through the entire club. You just need to look at Andy Halliday to see how powerful a shift in mentality can be.

I said it but I'm sure more than a few fans would have said similar or words to that effect , we were the 2nd lowest ranked side in the draw ......

Back