“We need to start being more clinical”

Albertz_Was_King

This isn’t something you just decide to do; I’ll become clinical in the next game.

It is down to quality and you can do all the nice build up play and work your balls off for days but it’s goals that win titles.

Teams who win leagues would’ve got a winner over the line tonight with that amount of pressure on the opposition.

Invest in better attacking quality or we will battle for second place again.

We were top goalscorers in the league coming into tonight,,, hopefully this just a bad spell we are going through and will come back to scoring ways soon, very soon

You don't need multi million pound, quality players to score the chances we are missing.

Worse players in our history score the chances we are currently missing.

We may not suddenly be able to become more clinical.

But we can ensure that every player that we expect to see up in the final third knows how to hit a shot.

And that the attacking players that we look to for goals are actually practising "putting their laces through" the ball, and even toeing it in.
Practise.

imo, a lot of our shots weren't struck much harder than a firm pass.

Someone like Defoe in January would be ideal however I fear we are more at the Shankland end of the market.

If we add the right couple of players, we can make a significant improvement.
We can beat those bassas.

This isn’t something you just decide to do; I’ll become clinical in the next game.

It is down to quality and you can do all the nice build up play and work your balls off for days but it’s goals that win titles.

Teams who win leagues would’ve got a winner over the line tonight with that amount of pressure on the opposition.

Invest in better attacking quality or we will battle for second place again.

There's a familiar user name!
Welcome back...

I agree and disagree.

I agree we need more quality.

I disagree with the notion you can't develop a clinical game. This can be worked on training no? Put your laces through it and hit it early!

I agree and disagree.

I agree we need more quality.

I disagree with the notion you can't develop a clinical game. This can be worked on training no? Put your laces through it and hit it early!

It is a basic of football.

I don't care if you're a defensive midfielder, full back, centre back or whatever clever name they've come up with for the position you play.... Striking the ball and scoring doesn't get much more fundamental in the game. Just fucking do it. Aged 10 in the BB league as a defender I was biffing shots into my brother with both feet. Spending 25+ hours a week on it, getting paid 5 figures a week, you ought to be able to hit a ball on target with venom.

Honestly don’t think it’s too much to worry about, we are joint top scorers in the league for a reason, on other days we could of scored at least 8 goals in 2 games.

It happens

It could have went completely different tonight and we could have scored a few, as much as we were unlucky, we need someone in midfield who can score, when mccrorie came on for arfield i thought we might not have created as much but we did and just 1 of the nights nothing goes in! If we can keep that performance up, goals and confidence will come.

Back