“Where’s the money come from?”

Played golf yesterday with an apparent Rangers fan and a Tim. Usual chat as your going round and then it’s the “where are we getting the money from” and then it’s the “Selik have all the champions league money” this from a Rangers fan apparently

Played golf yesterday with an apparent Rangers fan and a Tim. Usual chat as your going round and then it’s the “where are we getting the money from” and then it’s the “Selik have all the champions league money” this from a Rangers fan apparently
I hate that sycophant fan sucking up to Tims! 45k season tickets at £500 average is a start! You need to be in the CL to get the money, which only pays half their wage bill! So called Rangers fans like that need outed and shamed!

Steven from Coatbridge on RC …” I’m a Rangers fan……( h’mmm) ……(and I paraphrase) where’s the money coming from for Rangers to buy any players ?”

If you are in here dude …I apologize for doing you a disservice!

But it does sound just a slight bit ……suspicious?
I wonder if he thinks fat Ashley should be the man in charge????

Steven from Coatbridge on RC …” I’m a Rangers fan……( h’mmm) ……(and I paraphrase) where’s the money coming from for Rangers to buy any players ?”

Cellic gave us it as hush money, to stop us singing BigJock Knew. #celticknew

Theresa May gave a billion to the DUP, surely a huge slice of this has been funnelled away to Ibrox.
Meanwhile food banks, starving face painters, Brexit, world poverty etc etc etc.
Doesn't it just make you fume! o_O
With a huge donation sent to The Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland. This all but secured a 10 year contract for Glasgow Green for The Big Walk with Transmit having to get rescheduled.
Tough shitty Timmy

The penny is starting to drop with one or two of them :D

Screenshot-20190713-160431-Chrome.jpg

The penny is starting to drop with one or two of them :D

Screenshot-20190713-160431-Chrome.jpg
we’re all in because we can. We don’t need to ringfence compo for potentially hundreds of victims or pay our directors dividends or ceo or whatever the Japanese tourist is millions each year. Lennon will be a lot cheaper than Rodgers but he won’t be free. We’re all in because we have people running the club who care and don’t have loads going out to other non football things. We are all in to football.
It’s great.

To be fair they spend so much time thinking about us and following us they are probably confused as to who they really support..

Does that Laurie fae Dennistoun still phone in? The mentally challenged voice of reason. Keevans fckn loves him.

It ain’t rocket science. The Board invested last year for Stevie G, he rewarded them with a run in Europe that transformed our finances and profile. Not only did we gain around £8-10m from the Europa, the higher profile led to other financial gains through off the park revenues such as corporate sponsorship and the like. We saw that from the half year accounts.

On top of that, the Board then wiped out debt through the recent share option.

It’s a safe and effective way to build/invest for the future. Success = raised profile = more on and off park income = get rid of debt through share issue.

You then repeat the process except this time the share issue generates actual cash not just reduce debt = even better players.

It’s a low risk strategy. And simples.
You’re 100% correct mate, but don’t ever try telling that’s a deranged mentally challenged. :)

A great financial brain on kerryfail said

”Yep - pull together for a common Cos, to Romaine on track for 10IAR”

this is the people who are trying to convince others they’re monitoring our finances and they needn’t worry. I’d be very worried if that was advising me. No doubt he’s a Euro romaineer and joins the Indy Cos too.

It ain’t rocket science. The Board invested last year for Stevie G, he rewarded them with a run in Europe that transformed our finances and profile. Not only did we gain around £8-10m from the Europa, the higher profile led to other financial gains through off the park revenues such as corporate sponsorship and the like. We saw that from the half year accounts.

On top of that, the Board then wiped out debt through the recent share option.

It’s a safe and effective way to build/invest for the future. Success = raised profile = more on and off park income = get rid of debt through share issue.

You then repeat the process except this time the share issue generates actual cash not just reduce debt = even better players.

It’s a low risk strategy. And simples.
Its not as simple as you state, first part yes re additional revenue gained via Europa over previous periods, I havent seen the accounts so take your word on the assumed PBT revenues.
wiping out debt is purely a book transaction, reduces the liabilities but does not affect cash flows.
A share issue will dilute existing shareholder value and cannot be guaranteed to raise funds unless there are those willing to buy at the SP.
In saying that the value added by SG and the attractiveness of the team is enhanced by stable management and thats the key here, good corporate management makes all the difference

I just don't get why anyone can be surprised by our spending.

Our net transfer spend last season was £5m.
So far we have spent around £5m. With a couple more additions to come and several to go out, it's not exactly rocket science to see that the figures are hardly mental.

Our net spend will probably end up slightly higher than last season and much depends on Morelos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8-1
Its not as simple as you state, first part yes re additional revenue gained via Europa over previous periods, I havent seen the accounts so take your word on the assumed PBT revenues.
wiping out debt is purely a book transaction, reduces the liabilities but does not affect cash flows.
A share issue will dilute existing shareholder value and cannot be guaranteed to raise funds unless there are those willing to buy at the SP.
In saying that the value added by SG and the attractiveness of the team is enhanced by stable management and thats the key here, good corporate management makes all the difference

It was a sound bite. Things are never that simple but it ain’t difficult either. As you say writing off debt doesn’t produce cash. But, once shareholder debt has gone, as it has now (apart for Barry Scott’s £40/45k?) future share issues do bring in real cash. That was my point. On top of that being debt free has a raft of commercial advantages even down to payment terms especially player acquisition.

If I recall properly, Rangers have already indicated that another share sale is likely. Of course, there will be dilution but that hasn’t stopped either the board or new/existing shareholders so far. See no reason for that to change next time.

It was a sound bite. Things are never that simple but it ain’t difficult either. As you say writing off debt doesn’t produce cash. But, once shareholder debt has gone, as it has now (apart for Barry Scott’s £40/45k?) future share issues do bring in real cash. That was my point. On top of that being debt free has a raft of commercial advantages even down to payment terms especially player acquisition.

If I recall properly, Rangers have already indicated that another share sale is likely. Of course, there will be dilution but that hasn’t stopped either the board or new/existing shareholders so far. See no reason for that to change next time.

If I remember the figure correctly the new shares allowed at the last AGM have now been sold. So there would have to be a further resolution to allow more shares.

There would only be dilution if either pre-emption rights were removed, or the shareholder decided not to take their share of the offer. So they would be effectively diluting themselves.

I think we agree then, would love to see additional or existing investors put in more cash, but as we both know the business model needs to be sustainable for the investors, to that end I believe we are on the right track, the retail side of the business needs to be sorted to take full advantage of SG's status, as it is with the media and the huge influx of worldwide interest since he took over

If this muppet was a Gers fan,he would fine well know the money is coming from The Gaffer’s gangster mates.

If I remember the figure correctly the new shares allowed at the last AGM have now been sold. So there would have to be a further resolution to allow more shares.

There would only be dilution if either pre-emption rights were removed, or the shareholder decided not to take their share of the offer. So they would be effectively diluting themselves.
I was not aware there were any pre emption rights, if so then we need to rely on those existing holders to take up any additional shares, thats an interesting model as it equates in reality to another loan in my view

I just don't get why anyone can be surprised by our spending.

Our net transfer spend last season was £5m.
So far we have spent around £5m. With a couple more additions to come and several to go out, it's not exactly rocket science to see that the figures are hardly mental.

Our net spend will probably end up slightly higher than last season and much depends on Morelos.
WEve easily spent 7 million up to now.

I think we agree then, would love to see additional or existing investors put in more cash, but as we both know the business model needs to be sustainable for the investors, to that end I believe we are on the right track, the retail side of the business needs to be sorted to take full advantage of SG's status, as it is with the media and the huge influx of worldwide interest since he took over

I don’t think we disagree. But in football you must put investment in before your business model can work. You must be competitive on the park, and winning, to generate the profile and income which makes the model work. That is what King said up front and it’s what he has done. I don’t think he’s finished yet.

I don’t think we disagree. But in football you must put investment in before your business model can work. You must be competitive on the park, and winning, to generate the profile and income which makes the model work. That is what King said up front and it’s what he has done. I don’t think he’s finished yet.
could not agree more mate, in the end its the quality and attractiveness of the product that sells and only success in Europe will take us to the next level of investment, not shared by many on here I know but from a strictly business perspective thats where we need to be

I was not aware there were any pre emption rights, if so then we need to rely on those existing holders to take up any additional shares, thats an interesting model as it equates in reality to another loan in my view

Pre-emption rights are the norm unless the shareholders disapply them with a special resolution each year. I suggest that will happen if King and the board want it to.

Not in transfer fees. Nowhere near it.

3.5m big Swede, 650k Edmundson, 300k Aribo and maybe a few of 200k for Hastie. It's at around the 5m mark at the moment.
You need to include the full package:
The moment you pick up the phone to call the player.
Transport to meet the player
Meeting the player, Hotel room, expensive
Lunch
Agents fee
Signing on fee. I’d say the 7 we brought in cost a few million on signing on fees. Especially Aribo

Pre-emption rights are the norm unless the shareholders disapply them with a special resolution each year. I suggest that will happen if King and the board want it to.

It will now, after the recent issue they directly own or have influence over enough to guarantee to pass any special resolutions they want.

They can basically decide how many shares they want to issue and who will be allowed to buy them.

True if thats their position on equity, maybe other investors are interested,? either way depending on the ratios it could be an interesting board meeting

You need to include the full package:
The moment you pick up the phone to call the player.
Transport to meet the player
Meeting the player, Hotel room, expensive
Lunch
Agents fee
Signing on fee. I’d say the 7 we brought in cost a few million on signing on fees. Especially Aribo
I was just comparing net spend on pure transfers fees. Last year 5m, this year - so far - around the same.

A great financial brain on kerryfail said

”Yep - pull together for a common Cos, to Romaine on track for 10IAR”

this is the people who are trying to convince others they’re monitoring our finances and they needn’t worry. I’d be very worried if that was advising me. No doubt he’s a Euro romaineer and joins the Indy Cos too.
Lettuce know the punchline, mate.

I not up on the equity or debt structure of the club, so just spit balling a bit here, but it seems to me we are in a far more secure corporate and hence financial structure than we were under Murray and his coopting of debt

You wonder why none of the tramps ever seems to question why Willie Haughey owns CP but start foaming at the mouth about who we sign?

I would have thought asking about porkhead being sold for £1000 would be a better question for them to ask?
Why does he ? Plus he’s got a stake in humpdum too.

I always say I don't care where the money comes from.

Back