”A Monster of a midfielder”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bossed everyone he played in our league last season. If we signed him on a freebie we could afford better quality up front.

Exactly spot on.

He single handedly took Kilmarnock to where they finished in the league from being relegation contenders.

Truth is the midfielders some on here are talking about, Docherty, McCrorie couldn’t get near him.

The games passed our midfield by when he was playing. It was no coincidence the only time we beat Killie last season was when we scored very late on, 5 minutes after Mulumbu had been taken off.

I would love a player in the mould of Busquets/ Khedira as our holding midfielder, big and powerful, can tackle and read danger plus dictate play and start attacks.

Some of our players last season have the potential to be great players, but what they didn't have was belief or that winning mentality and lacked that beter level of coaching. Also their technical ability suffered, SG will improve all this and hopefully they perform at a much higher level, pains me to say but Brenda did it with them as they were a poor team.

It is pretty obvious Gerrard wants more strength in this position so it will happen. We don’t have enough cover in there. Jack hardly played last season, McCrorie will start the season and I love the kid but again he was injured and Rossiter is made of Glass so we need one more in there for sure.

It is pretty obvious Gerrard wants more strength in this position so it will happen. We don’t have enough cover in there. Jack hardly played last season, McCrorie will start the season and I love the kid but again he was injured and Rossiter is made of Glass so we need one more in there for sure.
2 but that would be wishful thinking.

Spot
McCrorie sits infront of the CHs and breaks up play, he does the dirty part and then releases the ball, no glamour or flare just wears his heart on his sleeve and gives us his all every game. Position is his to lose I say.
Spot on about McCrorie

Nice with the ball at his feet and workers around him, but never a defensive mid.

Certainly not what we require.
Athleticism is such a major attribute in the modern game. It’s why guys like Kante are so highly thought of. Winning back the ball has become such a key factor, with a number of sides looking to do it as high up the pitch as possible. This can only be done with players that have an engine.

It’s the reason also that guys like Riquelme spent more productive spells at Villareal than Barcelona and why Ever Banega didn’t end up at Real or Barcelona.

I hear folk saying they would like a monster of a midfielder signed, so this might please a few .......

News paper report from Feb 18

Gerrard says Liverpool need a strong holding midfielder to help protect the back four and allow the attacking talent to do their job.

And he believes someone with Wanyama’s qualities is just what they need.

“I think Liverpool would benefit from a monster of a centre-midfielder, a holder,” Gerrard said on BT Sport.

“A Wanyama-type player who does sit in and is disciplined, and he would give more protection to the back four.”

Seems the Gaffer likes this kind of player, which is something we dont currently have.

Hopefully we get a “monster of a midfielder” signed up soon
Watch tonight he will play his first game for us.

Ian Ferguson said it took him a good six months to get used to the idea of playing for us and settling into the club.
Does anyone else remember Goram's start, he was really struggling and looked a bag of nerves, I am convinced that at one point our defenders were told not to pass the ball back, he was really nervous but with time he settled to become the best Rangers keeper I have seen in my lifetime, very rare are the players that arrive at Ibrox and immediately played at 100%
It takes time and you need to be patient
KB

I thought we would have went for Bradley Dack in the summer, it's a playmaker we need not a monster.

I thought we would have went for Bradley Dack in the summer, it's a playmaker we need not a monster.

We needed both.

We have the destroyer now. We lack the goal scoring, creative genius who can also drive us forward 40 yards.

We need a Steven Gerrard. :D

Does anyone else remember Goram's start, he was really struggling and looked a bag of nerves, I am convinced that at one point our defenders were told not to pass the ball back, he was really nervous but with time he settled to become the best Rangers keeper I have seen in my lifetime, very rare are the players that arrive at Ibrox and immediately played at 100%
It takes time and you need to be patient
KB

Haha as a wee guy I remember asking why the hell we signed this guy when we had Chris Woods :D

Mcrorie has had his best games sitting in front of back 4. Reads everything well, wins lost causes, wins everything in the air. Distribution of the ball needs work but hes going to be a great player for us in my opinion.

Defo need a traditional no.10 midfield general type with the ability to control the tempo of a match and creativity to make the difference in the final third. An expensive business though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back