€13m Lazio bid for Ianis Hagi according to Sport.ro

No, another season from him and let him shine in the champions league.
Big Phil, Big Joe and Alfie(30-40 million) are the players who are easiest to replace IMO at this time that would make us the necessary money from a business perspective. That’s of course if we need the money.
Alfredo would be the hardest for us to replace, we are nowhere near as good without him.

A lot of posters seem hell bent on keeping Hagi, which is fine in itself, however the reality is that someone is getting sold in the summer.

If pushed, I think I'd rather sell Hagi for £11m, than Kamara or Alfie. Especially if it reduced the need to sell one of our other assets.

Bidding starts at 15m+ add ons.

A league winner, a match winner in the EL latter stages, and he is fully capped for his country several times.

€13m is about €5m short. We shouldn’t be selling him for that price, or if we do sell for €13m get a sell on clause added in

'13 million? He doesn't even run around a lot or thunder into tackles. Let's tell them we'll just take 5 million.'

Some comments about Hagi make me laugh.

Behave. The boy has done great numbers this year and will only improve in the CL proper.

A firm no to any bids please Mr Gerrard.

Covid will reduce the amount big clubs and able to spend this summer, we might be disappointed at what we will get offered for our players.

Any way you look at it, for a club in Scotland that's very good business.

£15m would be ideal.

And if they get 20million plus for someone like Ajer who leaks goals in Europe, we scratch our heads and wonder what we’re doing wrong.

At the level we want to be at we should hold out for modern day funny money. That is no longer 15m.

And if they get 20million plus for someone like Ajer who leaks goals in Europe, we scratch our heads and wonder what we’re doing wrong.

At the level we want to be at we should hold out for modern day funny money. That is no longer 15m.
Last I read Newcastle United were looking at a bid of £8m - with the Dhims valuing him at.....wait for it....£35m ha ha.

There's been one player in the history of Scottish football that's commanded a £20m+ fee.

We need to sell players and £15m for Hagi will have the board's attention.

If we're considering letting him go for 13m, we need a decent sell-on clause built into the deal.

I'd rather keep him for a year at least. I think he'll only enhance his reputation. With the possibility of CL group football, it'd be good for us - and for him, especially if Lazio finish outside the CL spots in Serie A.

Think some people forget he's only 22. He's still improving and physically I think he's going to get stronger, which would make a huge difference to his game.

Also, I'd be looking at Hagi's potential value to a club in terms of marketing. From his Instagram, he seems to have deals with quite a few sponsors. Even if that's mainly for the Romanian market, that's 20m people. If he lives up to his talent, any club he's playing with will make a few quid off the association.

One of the stories I read about him suggested that he was struggling to find a club where he was at home, and that Rangers is the first club he's found his feet at. His record prior to us suggests that. So you hope he's not in a rush either and wants to grow with this brilliant team and coaching staff we have, before seeking a move to a bigger league.

I would snap their hands off and I like Hagi. We have played a good chunk of games without him being selected and it didn’t knock us out of our stride so he is replaceable with players currently in the squad before we add. Some people’s valuations are crazy. If we could treble our money after an inconsistent season from him we would jump at it. I would be surprised if we got close to the figure mentioned to be honest (perhaps his profile may help).

The ‘£20m or nothing’ posts just show that many fans aren’t willing to accept the player profit model. Some would have this current squad for the next 5 years and directors loans keeping us going.

He's already been around the houses a bit for only being 22. I think he'll want to stay here for another year or 2. Move to big league flops again and that's him probably out of chances for a while. He's developing only going to get better I feel he could be a 20 million player this time next year. I hope he stays.

It’s a good move for him in terms of style of football and still getting to play in Europe. Obviously don’t want any of our players to go but if I’m being honest Hagi is probably the one that makes sense. Hard to replace though.

No, another season from him and let him shine in the champions league.
Big Phil, Big Joe and Alfie(30-40 million) are the players who are easiest to replace IMO at this time that would make us the necessary money from a business perspective. That’s of course if we need the money.
I think this is one of the worst takes i've seen on here in a long time.

Whilst Alfie is perhaps the most likely to leave, given teams are always looking for proven goalscorers and value such a player most highly, you would have to say he is probably the hardest player to replace in the entire squad right now.

On a separate point entirely, it appears the FF collective feel every player in the team is worth £20mil plus and we shouldnt sell anyone for less than £20mil. Not quite sure where this has come from.

I've posted this before, but according to best estimates in the press only 2 players have left Scotland for more than £12.5mil:

Yes, we should try and maximise fees received. Winning an SPL title does not suddenly make everyone worth £20mil +.

Players will move on this summer. Some we will not be happy with. Possibly one player in the squad is worth £20mil+. Unless a desperate club makes a mad bid for a Kamara or someone. Or a player is a revelation at the Euros.

No, we dont need to sell everyone or anyone on the cheap.

A £11.25mil bid that breaks our transfer record and about quadruples what we paid for the player cannot realistically be described as "on the cheap". We might value him more than Lazio are reportedly offering (who knows if this story is paper bs anyway). But around the 4th highest ever transfer fee for Scottish football is not to be sniffed at.

I would hope we would value him more highly than this report.

The one difficult factor would be if the player decided he fancied that move. That could make things messy.

Personally I think the coming season will be a real make-or-break one for him at Rangers. I'd prefer we hold onto him as things stand, unless we start to get silly money bids.

He started the last Old Firm, Slavia, Antwerp, Aberdeen...

Leads the league in assists, open play chances created, averages a goal or assist every other game, is only 22 and getting better.

No chance.
He was benched for the first two old firm games, home and away v benfica, away in Antwerp and home vs slavia.

If Hagi is £20m player like a lot on here are suggesting then why isn’t he starting every week like Kent does for example?

Whatever he goes for we need at least a 25% clause in there. His age and potential, especially moving to Serie A means a £30m move could lay ahead of him and we need to get a piece of that pie.

It’s not even close to being enough for us to think about selling IMO.

He is only going to improve and for someone playing in his position his talent and potential is huge.

I think on the basis of cash in bank €13 mill plus add on/sell is good. But I would be gutted to see him go as I think he is only showing glimpses of what he can do. Imo I think he can go all the way. He is a big game player who out of nowhere can change a game. I reckon the gaffer and board think the same and value him at more.

£11.3m is probably a wee bit below what I’d accept. If it’s mostly upfront though I think the club will accept it truth be told.

I would keep a hold of him for at least another season. His name is enough to say the interest won’t fade in a hurry, and he is improving and doesn’t look like he wants to go anywhere. He has said from day one that he dreamt of playing for a club that demands to win every game, because he wants to win every game. He, like Stevie G and Kent , is made for Rangers. That drive isn’t in every player, some players realise they are at home at Rangers and take on board what it means to the fans. Ianis and Kent are very much in that category.

How much did we pay for him? To be honest, if we could get 15m or more (with a sell on clause) I'd be happy to take that... Good business...

I prefer Hagi to Aribo and I think that €13m is getting close to his value. For this we could get a couple of midfielders. Having to play Aribo in midfield v bheasts weakens us.

I think this is one of the worst takes i've seen on here in a long time.

Whilst Alfie is perhaps the most likely to leave, given teams are always looking for proven goalscorers and value such a player most highly, you would have to say he is probably the hardest player to replace in the entire squad right now.

On a separate point entirely, it appears the FF collective feel every player in the team is worth £20mil plus and we shouldnt sell anyone for less than £20mil. Not quite sure where this has come from.

I've posted this before, but according to best estimates in the press only 2 players have left Scotland for more than £12.5mil:

Yes, we should try and maximise fees received. Winning an SPL title does not suddenly make everyone worth £20mil +.

Players will move on this summer. Some we will not be happy with. Possibly one player in the squad is worth £20mil+. Unless a desperate club makes a mad bid for a Kamara or someone. Or a player is a revelation at the Euros.

No, we dont need to sell everyone or anyone on the cheap.

A £11.25mil bid that breaks our transfer record and about quadruples what we paid for the player cannot realistically be described as "on the cheap". We might value him more than Lazio are reportedly offering (who knows if this story is paper bs anyway). But around the 4th highest ever transfer fee for Scottish football is not to be sniffed at.
I think around £20m is realistic for him. Age, international player, 2 footed, eye for goal, assists, does well in Europe, eye for a pass. I’d prefer to keep him though.

I get the feeling Hagi is quite settled in Glasgow and is happy to see out another 2-3 years here yet to develop.

The money is a good return but we're talking about a 22 year old, now full international, with 20+ EL games under his belt. I think we could get a lot more when you consider Celtic received a reported £10m for Frimpong.

Teams in the Top 5 will pay a lot for potential. We should set the benchmark at £15m + add ons if he is keen to move.

This makes me laugh. Especially when the same posters who, for example, have been slating Helander for weeks saying 'he's too slow' or that Aribo 'weakens our midfield' or 'Hagi is too wee/too slow' are the ones saying the bidding should start at £20m.:))

Of our current squad, Hagi has the most potential (on AND off the pitch) to be a star in the game.

Handle him properly for another season or two and he could absolutely obliterate Scottish transfer record. Crazy to sell now in my opinion, especially at that fee. I'd only even consider bids around £15/20mil if there was a very high % sell on fee.

Back