1 Game from being the greatest in our history?

I don’t think I’d say the greatest Rangers team I’ve ever seen, BUT win on Wednesday & they may be the most important in our history, in terms of turning us from a club with significant cash constraints into a club that is financially secure, and who can now move forward very positively in the years ahead.
This for me.

Our greatest ever achievement but not quite our greatest ever team for me. Certainly right up there though and this period in Europe has been the finest in my lifetime and possibly all time

This for me.

Our greatest ever achievement but not quite our greatest ever team for me. Certainly right up there though and this period in Europe has been the finest in my lifetime and possibly all time

Yes, these last few years in Europe have been an absolute joy Brahim.

An incredible thrill & im so proud of these players & the two managers for what they have given us.

My best too.

Greatest squad in Scottish football history. Not just finances for Europe and getting to the final and also 55. For a couple of seasons we've dragged Scotland through the dregs to give other Scottish teams a chance of more than 2 games in Europe. Brought spotlight to Scotland through Gerrard and now Gio. We are also playing attractive football.

Without trying to get too far ahead of myself… but should we win on Wednesday that would make this team a winning European trophy team.

Only the team of 1972 can claim that.

Now, without trying to dampen what the 1972 team achieved, I would hazard a guess that the financial side of things would suggest winning a European trophy in 2022 is much harder than in 1972.

For me, this would go down as the greatest achievement in Rangers history.

And that’s without taking into consideration where we were 10 years ago.

This.

No Brahim.

I don’t have a ticket yet & didn’t want to go without one unfortunately.

Was at the last two, so it’s a sore one.

You making it mate ?
Yeah - one of the tout loyal so spent a fair whack. Had optimistically booked flights and accom before the quarters so that has kept total costs a little lower.

Hopefully it'll be worth it!

Undoubtably greatest in our history, arguably greatest in Scottish football history and again the overall story of the last 10 years has to be right up there with the great sporting comeback stories.

A European trophy is all that's missing for me. My whole life I have dreamed about us winning in Europe, the biggest game in my lifetime, I include Manchester in that as I never truly believed back then that we would do it, this time I 100% think we will.

There's no question in my mind that it will be the greatest achievement in our history. The team will be debated forever no doubt, but they'll deserve to be compared to the other great teams in our history.
One of my friends reckons Barcelona is the winner here but concedes this might be because we haven’t won it yet.
Another threw Manchester into the ring because we had been downsizing for years before.
We all agree NIAR is way down the list.

I am fucking buzzing reading all these comments, Seville is warming up nicely right now I cannot wait to be in that stadium on Wednesday night

When it comes to history, I think there's the pre European football Rangers and the Rangers of the European football era.

It's all impossible to verify, and all a bit academic, but the Rangers of the late 1920s and early 1930s were regarded as the best in Britain and maybe the world. If there was a European competition back then, I'm certain they would have won it more than once.
Agree mate , Scotland could have won the World Cup back then too , or England

I read in Stanley Matthews book that in between italys 2 World Cup wins in the 30s England played them in a friendly in Rome & won 5 nil

Ps , getting to this final is already a great achievement , but I’m hoping for more .

Pps , I finally ordered your book yesterday along with the Barcelona 72 dvd

Just getting to the final makes this team one that will long live in the memory. Not even thinking about losing this one but whatever the result what a journey and what a effort from the team. A lifetime of memories and in my 43 years up there with the greatest Rangers moments.

Still can't believe we've made it to the final, putting out the tournament favourites and another top German team in the process. It's been an achievement even getting to this final and actually winning it is fairytale stuff after where we have come from in such a short space of time. I truly hope each and every last Rangers player that is lucky enough to be picked to play in that final leaves absolutely nothing on the pitch and goes out and win it! Each and every one of them would become legends.

The biggest achievement in our history, every player in that team becomes a club legend overnight that will be forever cherished

Betfair has Frankfurt as 55% chance to win the trophy.

Will be a turn up if we manage this.
If I was a neutral placing a bet at those odd, I’d bet on us.
This is 50/50 in my view. And the character and resilience in our side has been phenomenal this campaign

Given the massive disparity in finances there now is I’d say this would be the single greatest achievement in our entire 150 year history.

Especially when you factor in where we were 10 years ago and also what it means for our finances going forward.

It’s a truly massive 90 minutes.

The entire team would instantly become legends, whoever scored the winner would be immortalised and Tav fully deserving of a statue!

I honestly believe not only in my lifetime but in our 150 years if we do it on wednesday this would be the greatest result in the history of the club. Not to take anything away from the Barca Bears but the way we have got into this position, the journey of the past 10 years, the way European football is set up now to do everything to stop clubs like us getting there. It would be incredible, just go and finish the job lads and become immortal

One of my friends reckons Barcelona is the winner here but concedes this might be because we haven’t won it yet.
Another threw Manchester into the ring because we had been downsizing for years before.
We all agree NIAR is way down the list.
For me the Manchester team isn't close. There might have been some downsizing but it was still a more expensive team/squad than this one and got to the final playing a brand of football that worked but wasn't a particularly great watch. Also given where we've been and where we've got to in the last 10 years, it's a much greater achievement for me. Our current captain was bought when we were in the Championship, he's now captaining us to a European final. It's amazing tbh.

Amazing to think of some of the absolutely huge name players we've had over the last 30 years or so being eclipsed by a side mostly composed of free transfers and a few players brought in for nominal transfer fees.

All the more amazing considering Rangers have probably spent about £1m over the last three transfer windows.

Latest posts

Back