1 point closer to the Champions League

Top of the league having still not turned up this season.

It's getting worrying now though. They were winning games last season at this point despite playing poorly and never did get into a decent run of form. Once they had a bad result it fell apart. I'm not saying we're at that level yet but we just can't seem to get going and we're 2 months into the season. There's no excuse for that today.

Being less shite than Celtic shouldn't be out barometer.

We need to improve vastly.

Not having Kent and Hagi in games like today is murder as we couldn't unlock them or even looked likely to
Agreed . We shouldn’t be thinking about Celtic , we should be extremely concerned about our pitiful form . That second half was utterly , utterly woeful

We're way off last year, cant depend on the the scum dropping points, or shouldn't depend on it.

I expected us and the scum to win and as it turns out we have actually gained an extra point on them.

Very concerning though, our goal is from a yard out. We didn't look like scoring on Thursday and struggled badly creatively against Malmo and Alashkert.

We are either just in a sticky patch and still top of the league or we are on the decline from last season and only time will tell I guess.

We were never going to manage a season like the last one and we are still top of the league. I think the trouble is we all know we can and should be playing better. Long sticky patch but if we stay top through it we'll be ok in the end. Glad we are not 6th.

We can’t win every game but our attitude has been simply appalling at times.

We absolutely should be nine points clear. The thought of that tim side trying to cope with the mental load of being nine behind by mid-September would have seen a record league points win.

Fair enough with the positivity but rest assured had the other mob sorted themselves out we’d be in a lot of bother this early into the season. Luckily results have went our way. The board penny pinched in the summer with signings that haven’t improved us and have hampered progress if anything. It’s worrying to have Simpson & Balogun anywhere near the team until December, both aren’t good enough.
We're in a battle with them, gaining a point over them when we are playing crap is a bonus, I don't want to know another way of looking at it. :)

It’s going to be a ride alright.

Had we edged out motherwell and Celtic won, we wouldn’t bat an eyelid and move on to next week.

As it is, we’ve increased our lead. And yet there’s still a sense of missed opportunity.

Like I said on the match thread. If you’d told me in the summer Celtic would lose their opening 3 away games, including at Ibrox, and yet we’d be only 4 clear, that would be considered underwhelming.

We’ve dropped 5 points against two teams who will almost surely be in the bottom 6. We haven’t even ventured to the “harder fixtures” yet

Struggling to garner much comfort right now in a 4 point gap when I have little faith we’d emerge from Tynecastle, Livingston or Torbett towers with many points right now.

When you are playing as well as we did the first half, and you only have 1 goal to show for it, there is always the risk you will concede.

We were literally miles in front of that Motherwell side first half.

It's been an issue before, where we have dominated teams by the proverbial mile and only won the game 1-0.

That's fine when you are getting the three points but when it goes tits up, like today, it's so glaringly bad.

Motherwell should have been in tatters after that first half shoeing, it really is an issue we have to address.

We can’t win every game but our attitude has been simply appalling at times.

We absolutely should be nine points clear. The thought of that tim side trying to cope with the mental load of being nine behind by mid-September would have seen a record league points win.
We're 1st their 6th,there's no chance you would have knocked that back in July, enjoy your night mate.

2 points lost and we definitely tired second half due to Thursdays game
Motherwell could have quite easily sneaked a win today
Could be worse but we would have won that game last season

We're 1st their 6th,there's no chance you would have knocked that back in July, enjoy your night mate.
If you’ve watched Scottish football for more than 2 minutes of your life, you’d know 4 points in September is %^*& all.

Imagine being told before the season starts that we’d in mid-September and Celtic will have lost all their away games, and we’d still only be four clear?

Embarrassing, more so when it’s all down to attitude.

If you’ve watched Scottish football for more than 2 minutes of your life, you’d know 4 points in September is %^*& all.

Imagine being told before the season starts that we’d in mid-September and Celtic will have lost all their away games, and we’d still only be four clear?

Embarrassing, more so when it’s all down to attitude.
Genuinely no offence, but we're ahead without playing well, that's incredible, considering the past decade, we'll win by a few.

We been poor and still beat them and are 4 clear of them. I'm un happy with today but I would have taken this at the start of the season.

People seem to be forgetting they have Angeball we don't, the fact we're so far ahead is amazing, enjoy it. :)

All this top of the league and we still haven't turned up this season needs stopped. It doesn't matter what position we are in the performances aren't good enough. Them being pi$h is letting us get away with it. I'd rather fix try fix the problem now when it's still getting papered over than wait until it all falls apart and we aren't top etc.

All this top of the league and we still haven't turned up this season needs stopped. It doesn't matter what position we are in the performances aren't good enough. Them being pi$h is letting us get away with it. I'd rather fix try fix the problem now when it's still getting papered over than wait until it all falls apart and we aren't top etc.
It actually matters a lot, the whole point of the league is to finish first, that's were we are.

It actually matters a lot, the whole point of the league is to finish first, that's were we are.

Are the people with that mindset just going to wait until it falls apart then think it's a problem ?. I bet gerrard isn't thinking that way.

It's getting worrying now though. They were winning games last season at this point despite playing poorly and never did get into a decent run of form. Once they had a bad result it fell apart. I'm not saying we're at that level yet but we just can't seem to get going and we're 2 months into the season. There's no excuse for that today.
What they done last season at this stage is irrelevant, fact is they are poorer this season as are we, difference is we are stretching away from them little by little

I don't know, I guarantee if he was offered this position in July he would have grabbed it.

Not if he knew that they had dropped so much points he wouldn't be happy with a 1 point lead. I don't get why it's only going to be seem as a problem to some only when we aren't top. We should be sorting it out now when we are still top instead of waiting for us to go behind before thinking it's a problem. Everyone of us wants the same thing here but you don't wait until the ships sunk before fixing the problem. If you fix the holes as they appear then it's not going to sink. There seems to be an issue somewhere and Gerrard needs to get to the bottom of it.

We can't just delude ourselves that we are going through a bad run.

We have been average at best this season and are relying on the tims being worse than us.

We should be at least 6 or 7 points ahead of them already.
We have dropped 5 points ;)

The team is getting an easy time of it today because of the yahoos result. We should be further ahead and building up a cushion for a tricky run in December.

We are nowhere near the standards and results of last season, and I think we would all agree with that.

The facts are though that in a huge season for us with what’s at stake we are in the driving seat.

It’s basically between us and them for a champions league jackpot.

We need to improve and soon.

Back