10 Games left

We need to finish the season as strongly as possible and see what happens.

Winning the title is highly unlikely unfortunately but we should definitely be looking to win the Scottish Cup.

Have to agree. People seem to assume that we will keep improving at a rapid rate. We have a number of players on loan that will be gone in June. I reckon it will be a couple of seasons at least before we mount a serious challenge
buzzkill

it wont be that long, Murphy is signing, even if we dont sign Martin and cummings we can still get others in

Goss would be the big loss

We need to finish the season as strongly as possible and see what happens.

Winning the title is highly unlikely unfortunately but we should definitely be looking to win the Scottish Cup.
scottish cup, poets in the final we will be delighted

The sheep were shite some of their players looked as though they just weren't up for it, compare that game as to how hard they go when its against Rangers ,McGinn and co were not trying , McInnes should be tearing them apart for that display IMHO.

the tims have us twice and they could have hearts and hibs away again, its a longshot but they where guff today and nothing to be feared anymore.

We fucked it with that dud Pedro failing to get more than a solitary home was and then subsequent ridiculous points being spared to dross when GM took over.

The mentally challenged have lost two domestic games in 18 months, they’d need a complete collapse and us to find the best form and results we’ve seen in years.

The past is the past what is currently happening is they struggle to score goals

They have shipped Point’s all season

We are getting our act together and look like we will score lots of goals

We need to win our next few games then see where we are

These scum players are there for the taking

Forget what Celtic do, forget what we've done in the past this season.

If we win all games left to play this season we will definitely win the cup. In my opinion we will also win the league.

Who disagrees?
Am going with that

Curiosity got the better of me and I looked this up. In 2011-2012 we had a 9 game win streak in the league and in 2007-2008 we had a 13 game win streak.

What makes me laugh reading this thread is 'the league is over - fact' (not until mathematically impossible it's not - an actual fact - helicopter sunday anyone?) and 'celtic won't lose two and draw two in their last 10 games' type of comments. Has anyone of that opinion actually looked at the form tables or their recent results prior to chucking in the towel?

The two games we play against them aside, as they are must win imo (definitely cannot lose even one), Celtic could very easily drop at least another 4 points in the other 8 games. Celtic had dropped 12 points in the 10 games prior to today's including 2 points against us at theirs when they've been under zero pressure and only played us the once - another actual fact. We beat them at home and they will be under genuine pressure to win every game they play which they haven't had in 6 years.

So, us aside, they dropped 10 points in 9 games against the rest. They do that again and it's technically still in our hands even without us winning every game. It is far from the impossible task the 'realists' on here make out.

Hibs, hearts and kilmarnock have all taken points off them already this season and they have them all still to play after the split. They also have Motherwell away straight after us at Ibrox which won't be easy either as Motherwell have given them a game and drew the last time they played at home. Sheep will be a guaranteed 3 points for them, probably Hamilton and Ross county prior to the split too. The rest won't.

One game at a time, 3 points at a time, and crank up the pressure. It's not over (yet).

Personally I think the league is over, today we were relying on Aberdeen taking something to give us a chance.

Next season is our season
Aberdeen will never beat Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Killie and us could easily take points off them.

Two of thier best players from last year seem to have vanished (Sinclair and Armstrong) and thumbheed hopefully has a bad injury.

Keep believing until its done. F*ck Abergreen :)

Think our chance ended today. They only now need match us in our games against each other. Two draws or a win apiece.
Can't see other teams do much against either of us.
Our main ambition now is the cup and a right good stab at the title next year.

The only time Brendan Rogers has ever been under pressure he threw the chance of a title with Liverpool. If we can put the pressure on them they can crumble. That said I think we’d all take it as a huge success if we even won 7 or 8 of our remaining 10 games! Yes it’s nice to have a run of wins and form at the moment but it wouldn’t surprise me if we dropped more points against lowly teams at Ibrox.

Sadly, I think whatever chance we had of catching them, went after we failed to capitalise on their defeat against Kilmarnock.

Second place (within single figures) and the Scottish Cup would be a terrific end to the season. A good summer transfer window and a strong start to the new season, and it's anybody's guess what we could achieve.

To win the league, we’ll most likely have to beat Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Kilmarnock. Can we do that? OF COURSE WE FUCKING CAN! I don’t buy my season ticket each year to be content with finishing behind Celtic, to look at a ‘single figures points defecit’ as ‘progress’. For the love of god please don’t adopt a ‘next season’ mentality, look at Liverpool! They’ve been saying it’ll be their year for ages, they’ve no won the title in 2 decades! We can win the league this season, but if our own supporters don’t believe we can then the players certaintly won’t. Back the team. Believe. No Surrender.

Reality points to us leaving it too late. Those early season defeats seem destined to haunt us. It will take a miracle to win this title, however miracles do happen.

All we can do is focus on going 100% for the rest of the season. The rest is in the lap of the Gods...

As it stands at the minute we only have the slimmest of chances. We just need to keep winning games and see what happens. You never know what a bit of pressure might do.

Sorry for the poor memory but what was Murty's first game in charge after Pedro left, or more to the point, how would the table look if it started the time of Murty's appointment? Pretty sure there would be a few poor loses in there and we might not be much better off, but just curious...

Take a game at a time and let's see what happens . But if only we didn't drop all those stupid points at home

I’m sorry but I have little faith that that we can win 10 games in a row. We haven’t four on the bounce all season; hopefully that changes on Tuesday at St Johnstone.

I wish people would remember that we have a tough away game in Perth before the old firm that everybody seems to have written off as an easy win .

Nothing changes for me after yesterday's result.

Aberdeen were never going to beat them and it's far more likely they'll drop something against Hearts ,Hibs, or Killie.

What we do know is that we must win every game, nothing less.
Unfortunately I fear even that may not be enough, but at least we'll be in pole position if they do drop anything.

I’m sorry but I have little faith that that we can win 10 games in a row. We haven’t four on the bounce all season; hopefully that changes on Tuesday at St Johnstone.
I think Saturdays win was the 2nd time this year we've won 4 in a row, might include cup games in those stats though.

We have won 7 of our last 8 games, and the improvement in our overall play is clear to see, and we're getting better each game, lets not concede its over just yet.

I have enjoyed the ‘Title race? What title race?’ headlines and comments from the mhedia since yesterday, you would think they were a little apprehensive at Celtic going into a game they could have won with a reserve team.

Still a lot of points to be played for and potentially a lot of twists and turns, both for us and against us. It’s absolutely a slim chance but with 9 points of a difference with 30 to play for nothing is certain yet.

The old cliché of one game at a time. 3 points away to St. Johnstone this week first. Got to be the way we look at it. Just concentrate on our games.

If we take 30 points from our next ten games I am confident we would win the league. I am not confident that we will win our next ten league games though, sadly.

It’s the typical football cliche , but let’s take it one game at a time .

We look no further than getting a positive result against st Johnstone and hoping Dundee take something off Celtic .

Rinse and repeat .

I think at this stage, I would be happy if we can just build momentum over the rest of the season to give us a platform to build a proper run at the title next year.

Realistically we need to win 10 out of 10 to have a chance. It's just a step too far this season but what we have done is given ourselves a platform to build on a really target the league next season.

We talk of our silly points dropped but by the same token if they had turned a couple of their Home draws into wins then they would be way ahead.
Next season is our time.

Say we finish 7-9 points behind them...we've still got a bit to catch up on them at that point come next season

They'd only have to be a bit better than they've been this season (and for all the bumming up they've had, they'd dropped a huge amount of points) and we've got an even bigger task facing us.

We're going to have to be hugely better next year. My concern, to an extent, is that THIS was the season to catch them and it came too early for us.

Realistically we need to win 10 out of 10 to have a chance. It's just a step too far this season but what we have done is given ourselves a platform to build on a really target the league next season.

Possibly, but we're improving with every game, we've won 7 out of 8 at the moment, whilst visibly getting better, it may not happen, but you never know.

A win tomorrow and then a week on Sunday and its definitely game on.

Whilst admittedly that is a gap and would be difficult to close, beat them 2-0 twice and that 14 goal difference becomes 6. Assuming they are losing another game in the remaining 10, that puts it at 5, assuming we match them goal for goal in other games. having a swing of 14 goals in 10 games is far from impossible, assuming we beat them twice (which we would need to do anyway to give ourselves a chance).

Murty needs to hammer home to the team the importance of the goal difference. It might be the difference between us finishing 2nd or 3rd, but it also might be the difference in winning title or not, so we need to get some good positive results. A couple 4 and 5 nils would be very helpful.
Very true. And frankly it’s irritating how wasteful we have been in a lot of games this season. 20 plus shots on goal and only two goals has happened quite a lot.

Title all but gone in all honesty.
I desperately want to at least get the better of them at least 1 out of the 3 potential meetings to lay down a marker for next season.
All about a strong 2nd place, A cup win would be great but all about building so gelling the majority of a team going forward and hitting the ground running next season.
Getting the foundations right and hopefully add that 1-3 bits of quality in the summer and we ain't going to be far away next season.

Next two league games are vital. Win them and its back to six points. The next game at the bheasts isnt allowed to be a decider so win that and its three.
Long shot but we live in hope.

Back