10 Year Coefficient vs 5 Year Coefficient.

stephen ferris

I was having a look at how much extra we would have made from this seasons champions league, if it had a 5 year coefficient vs 10 year coefficient. It just shows how much we can make in a few years if we can keep our performances consistent.

This year (31st out of 32 teams in 10 year coefficient) 2.27 million from 10 year coefficient.
Celtic this year (25th out of 32 teams in 10 year coefficient) 9 million from 10 year coefficient.

If this had been instead a 5 year coefficient this would have been.
Rangers (24th out of 32 teams) 10.2 million
Celtic (30th out of 32 teams) 3.4 million

So in theory we would have gained 8 million and they would would have lost 6 million, so a 14 million swing in revenue, this will be massive in future.

I had no idea the swing was that much.
Our European campaign this year was a complete embarrassment compared to the last 4

Another ridiculous consequence of UEFA's inability to balance the finance vs progress/performance across their competitions.

We need to be in the top tier competition because of the total imbalance of the financial rewards.

But being in the top tier greatly impacts our development and competitiveness in the long term because of the gap in finances between regular top tier teams and occasional top tier teams and being on the receiving end of complete spankings.

They need to make the climb up, or slide down, smoother in both directions.

Another ridiculous consequence of UEFA's inability to balance the finance vs progress/performance across their competitions.

We need to be in the top tier competition because of the total imbalance of the financial rewards.

But being in the top tier greatly impacts our development and competitiveness in the long term because of the gap in finances between regular top tier teams and occasional top tier teams and being on the receiving end of complete spankings.

They need to make the climb up, or slide down, smoother in both directions.
Uefa have really stacked the cards against the clubs in smaller leagues.

Uefa have really stacked the cards against the clubs in smaller leagues.
Yes, it’s UEFA’s way of giving the big 5 leagues near guaranteed money and certainty of places in the top competition as clubs from out with the big 5 leagues qualifying against their third and fourth placed clubs will become ever fewer thereby going some considerable way to placating the Superleague demands of the top clubs. In other words it’s a fiddle.
What amazes me is that UEFA has 55 member associations yet this is set up to satisfy only the big 5. Beyond me why the others don’t simply vote it out.

I know last year Europe was a disaster, but that doesn't diminish the previous years for me, we were absolutely fantastic. They piggybacked off our efforts in Europe, not through any efforts of their own

Back