10 year sentence for the attempted robbery of Ozil and Kolasinac

Liviger1984

As the thread states, just on Sky sports news the now. You think that's a fair sentence or should be more/less?

Someone trying to attack someone with a knife should be a 10 year sentence. But for sentences of similar offences then its harsh.

carry a knife towards someone should be treated as attempted murder and every instance should be minimum 10 years in the clink. No one has any reason to carry a knife towards another person unless extreme self defence

Hate knifes used a weapons

I'd say about right but then read today that some teenage scumbag, who stabbed his ex repeatedly in the neck, only got 12 and a half years (albeit minimum) for murder.

So, is the robbers' sentence harsh or the murdering scumbag's lenient?

I'd go with lenient.

Agree with sentence however also agree wouldnt be as severe if ir wasnt high profile. Should also mean 10 years not out in 5 for good behaviour.
Personally it should be 5 years for carrying a knife . 15 for using and injuring and life if murder. Also should use 3 strike rule.
Would mean more jails and prison staff but that would help economy and make streets safer. Win win

I'd say about right but then read today that some teenage scumbag, who stabbed his ex repeatedly in the neck, only got 12 and a half years (albeit minimum) for murder.

I'd go with lenient.
Agreed, absolutely lenient.

I’m all for going a bit easier on minor criminals as I think prisons are a breeding ground to turn minor criminals into major ones, but things like this should carry really heavy deterrents. Murder should carry minimal 20 years as well in my humble opinion.

I'd go with lenient.

That was the sentence that crossed my mind today. I can't believe that scumbag only received 12 years!!

PwT6RM9.gif

They should have given them a sentence offer of 10 years or 5 years option,but the 5 years carries 30 minutes in a cell one on one with Kolasinac with no charges to be laid against Kolasinac no matter what the outcome, the 5 years would give them enough recuperation time to learn how to walk, talk and eat properly.;)

Heavy sentence for going at someone with a knife? Okay.
Your right, as a tariff it should be normal, but it isn't, the other poster is right it is heavy when weighed against what now passes for sentencing in such crimes.

According to the Hag on question time last night, we shouldn't look at those with knives as just neds and criminals ?

Probably harsh when compared to similar offences. If you are going to commit crime then avoid ones which ultimately embarrass the authorities and make them look weak. Expect to be made an example of if caught

Guy got 12 years for killing his girlfriend by stabbing her 15 times in the neck and face. How could he only get 12 years???

They should have given them a sentence offer of 10 years or 5 years option,but the 5 years carries 30 minutes in a cell one on one with Kolasinac with no charges to be laid against Kolasinac no matter what the outcome, the 5 years would give them enough recuperation time to learn how to walk, talk and eat properly.;)
Goes for many of us. I can honestly say if someone tried to do me or my friends/family at knifepoint, I'd end up doing more time than them if I got a hold of them unarmed. The biggest shitebaggery going.

As has been stated earlier, the guy had a long, long criminal record and was actually out on licence when he committed the crime. Career criminal who deserves to spend some serious time behind bars. I doubt his behaviour will see him released at the 5 year point, he will get nicked for something else whilst in prison in all likelihood.

I'd go with lenient.
Just seen that on the news there, that’s why I think the death penalty should never have been taken away

Mind the boy in the lounge that was asking if his mate would be able to get into the USA because he’d had a previous conviction. Then someone else asked what his mate’s prior conviction was and he came back with the immortal line - “just armed robbery, but he’s been to uni and stuff since...”

Mind the boy in the lounge that was asking if his mate would be able to get into the USA because he’d had a previous conviction. Then someone else asked what his mate’s prior conviction was and he came back with the immortal line - “just armed robbery, but he’s been to uni and stuff since...”

Hahaha

Back