10 years ago today. ICT 3 tims 2.

Last edited:
Payed no attention to it and spotted the score while on a bus, had a chuckle. Remember the original “Super Caley” game while I was at school in the highlands - even the teachers were taking the piss out of the tim kids the day after.

Was in the house keeping an eye on their score. I feel like this was an early kick off for some reason?

I usually pick the wife up from her work at 8pm and remember the full time whistle going as I was on my way in the car. Blasted the horn in celebration!

Was in the house keeping an eye on their score. I feel like this was an early kick off for some reason?

I usually pick the wife up from her work at 8pm and remember the full time whistle going as I was on my way in the car. Blasted the horn in celebration!

Kicked off about 6.30 I'm sure. We had a few fixtures around the same kick off time near the end of that season.

Summary of last few minutes when Celtic knew a draw kept them in charge of the title.

Watched it offshore and one of the scaffolders who was a Tim ran out at FT and volleyed one of the bins and just left the rubbish everywhere, classic behaviour from one of them.

The rest of us Rangers fans were pissing ourselves laughing, pretty sure Shane Sutherland was a boyhood Tic fan? He played for my local side a few years back.

Im sure a draw would have still kept celtic in the driving seat - so ICT needed to win.

Ended up going out in the car for the last few minutes. I had a tradesman in at the time and he was watching bits with me sharing the nerves.

The thing we tend to forget is that had they won this game they would have already claimed 9.75 in a row.

Thank f@ck they lost

Forever grateful to them for that night. Huge result in a title run-in that meant more than most on the back of Lennon causing referee strikes and Celtic players boasting how much better they were.

I remember seeing them celebrating like the league was won after drawing 0-0 at Ibrox, that really made me feel like "they think this is done, there's definitely a twist in the next few games coming"

This was it.

The few seconds after The Derry Tramp diving for a penalty seemed to take years.

McCourt dived in the 94th minute and it was never a penalty.

Only surprise was that Stevie O'Reilly didn't give it.
Gutted its not on the official highlights with him skipping about kicking water bottles

Watched it offshore and one of the scaffolders who was a Tim ran out at FT and volleyed one of the bins and just left the rubbish everywhere, classic behaviour from one of them.

The rest of us Rangers fans were pissing ourselves laughing, pretty sure Shane Sutherland was a boyhood Tic fan? He played for my local side a few years back.
Shane played for Wick academy aye, & yeah hes a big yahoo fan so naturally next time i saw him I thanked him for that effort hahahaha

IMG_3571.GIF.33b219929df7f1164030ddfc0f3f33ec.GIF

I was at a Parents night at the School and for some reason didn't know it was an early kick off. Got a text to say they were getting beat and my head was all over the place.

Returned to house with 10 mins to play and TV muted, pacing up and down and checking the score in the corner until full time. Finally giving it a GIRFUY gesture to the TV and my mrs looking through saying "you're not right".

Wouldn't normally watch them unless it looked like they were going to lose, I had a feeling that night and watched the entire thing.

So glad I did, what a rollercoaster.

Was sitting on balcony of ambassador hotel Benidorm getting and text updates from the brother in law regarding the score - great night was had that night.

Another cracker to hand us the initiative in the home straight was the game they drew with hibs 0-0 at Easter road and that big dumplin of a goalie Makalamby - the hibs had in goal had the game of his life
The last few mininites in this game was absolute torture We were at Easter road the Wednesday before and only managed a 1-1 draw through a late novo equaliser , after that game felt like the end of the world on Hayburn vaults Partick

Anyone remember these games ?

Nerves were shot to bits that night. Nearly broke my foot booting the couch when Caley missed the 1v1 to go 4-1 up, always had the feeling of dread that they'd still get a draw. My arse collapsed big time when that jakeball McCourt dived right at the end, followed by hilarity at Lennon booting the water bottles.

Was sitting on balcony of ambassador hotel Benidorm getting and text updates from the brother in law regarding the score - great night was had that night.

Another cracker to hand us the initiative in the home straight was the game they drew with hibs 0-0 at Easter road and that big dumplin of a goalie Makalamby - the hibs had in goal had the game of his life
The last few mininites in this game was absolute torture We were at Easter road the Wednesday before and only managed a 1-1 draw through a late novo equaliser , after that game felt like the end of the world on Hayburn vaults Partick

The latter was a horrendous watch. Rob Jones had a cracking game for Hibs that night

Remember my wee brother coming home staying at our uncles. So we were outside in the street talking trying to keep my mind off it iirc, then had our dad screaming down from the window :D

Yeah those were at the end of the 2008/09 season. Was gutted at the end of our 1-1 at Easter Road, thought the league was gone. The day they drew 0-0 I couldn't stand it so was on my way to my mum's house and from the top deck of the bus around full time I saw a guy going fucking mental in his tenement flat, bouncing up and down in his living room, then my mum's big bluenose neighbour doing the same in his garden so I knew they'd fucked it! Burst through the front door and jumped right on top of my old man!

They must really hate Terry Butcher, he was in charge of Motherwell on Helicopter Sunday as well.
Wasn't he their top scorer against us when he played for Rangers?

Same thing with Gordon Marshall, in goal against them on the last days of 2003 and 2005.

Finished 5 day walk on the west highland way, showered and down to pub for 2nd half with the lads. What a night, finished off in the karaoke bar with loads of people from the days previous. All were celebrating :)) :)) :)) :))

Must have been a Wednesday as I was playing the midweek golf medal, 2 other guys I didn't know, 1 asked if we followed football, both of us said Rangers and he flung his golf club up in the air in delight and said ICT had beaten the mhanks

The last ten minutes of that game where horrific. I had to go a walk to clam my nerves then my phone just exploded with texts when the full time whistle went.

I remember working till 7:30 that night and getting the Renfrew Ferry across the Clyde. I think they got a penalty to make it 3-2 and the commentator sounding like every incident in the box was going to be another one. It was a very satisfying night indeed. B-)

I was outplaying a golf team match up at Bishopbriggs. Could barely concentrate as I was checking to see what the score was all the time. Ended up happy cause they lost but raging I got beat in my match.

At the time, didn't think ICT would've caused them many issues, but what a surprise.

As an aside, Lennon looks utterly deranged on the sidelines.

When it got to 3-1 it seemed too good to be true. I had stuff to do so I left my house and took my radio to get updates while I was doing it. When it went to 3-2 my heart sank. Not long after they scored their second they had a shout for a second penalty but the ref didn't oblige them. A night I will always remember.

Yeah those were at the end of the 2008/09 season. Was gutted at the end of our 1-1 at Easter Road, thought the league was gone. The day they drew 0-0 I couldn't stand it so was on my way to my mum's house and from the top deck of the bus around full time I saw a guy going fucking mental in his tenement flat, bouncing up and down in his living room, then my mum's big bluenose neighbour doing the same in his garden so I knew they'd fucked it! Burst through the front door and jumped right on top of my old man!

I love posts like this.:))

Back