10th Place Rangers

Beer Belly Loyal

Rangers 12.5 ranking points gathered this season means that only nine clubs across Europe have earned more. The clubs above us all compete in the Champions League and have already qualified for the knock-out stage.

gn11.png

Sorry guys, I’m not sure that’s accurate. We’ve only got 8 pts this season. Have a look at UEFA website, or even better google Bert Kassies for a brilliant site with full coefficient history.
I’ll balance the bad news with some good news though. We’re only 2 wins away from overtaking Celtic in the overall 5 year coefficient. They drop a load of points next year when clearly we don’t.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I’m not sure that’s accurate. We’ve only got 8 pts this season. Have a look at UEFA website, or even better google Bert Kassoes for a brilliant site with full coefficient history.
I’ll balance the bad news with some good news though. We’re only 2 wins away from overtaking Celtic in the overall 5 year coefficient. They drop a load of points next year when clearly we don’t.
The table above is accurate. It refers to the points accumulated towards the country coefficient. The club coefficient of 8 is different.

The country count takes in all the games from the qualifiers onwards. The qualifier points are 1 for a win and 0.5 for a draw. From the group onwards, it's 2 for a win and 1 for a draw with bonus points depending on how far you get.

The club count doesn't include the country points you get on the back of the results in the qualifiers. See the table below:

• 0.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the preliminary round
  • 1 point awarded to each club eliminated in the first qualifying round
  • 1.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the second qualifying round
  • 2 points awarded to each club eliminated in the third qualifying round
  • 2.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the play-offs
  • 2 points awarded for a win in Group stage
  • 1 point awarded for a draw in Group stage
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Quarter-final
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Semi-final
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Final
You receive a minimum of 3 club coefficient points for reaching the Europa groups. These aren't bonus points like the Champions league where you get 4 on top of the points accrued for wins and draws. They are the minimum guaranteed and this is why if the mentally challengeds finish their group with only one draw, they will still get 3 coefficient points.

As an example, if a club started in the QR1 and won both legs, same again in QR2 and QR3, but won the home leg of the play off round 1-0 and lost the second leg 2-0 thus being eliminated, they would have earned 7 points for their country but only 2.5 for the club.

Last edited:
We are the Rangers and we are from Glasgow they are plastic Irish fuk putting they're club name next to Glasgow

Sorry guys, I’m not sure that’s accurate. We’ve only got 8 pts this season. Have a look at UEFA website, or even better google Bert Kassoes for a brilliant site with full coefficient history.
Kassiesa mate. Yes it's in there. :))

Working overseas conversation with locals invariably turns to football. I've found the majority of guys with a passing knowledge of the game and Scotland refer to us as 'Glasgow' and them as Celtic.
Have found this also abroad Rangers... ah Glasgow!!

It kinda annoys me seeing us referred to as Glasgow Rangers. That is not the official name of our club.
The reason we are referred to as Glasgow Rangers rather than the Rangers is because in European circles a team‘s name has to identify where they come from. Consequently we have Glasgow in front of our name. Tottenham and Chelsea, for example, are OK because they are ares of London. We could choose to be known as Ibrox or Govan Rangers but we choose Glasgow.
Arsenal in European parlance are London Arsenal because Arsenal isn’t a district in London.
There aren’t that many clubs who don’t have the name of their town/city in their name. In fact it’s kinda hard to think of them. In the Scottish premiership there’s;
the Scum,
Edinburgh Hibernian,
Paisley St Mirren,
Perth St Johnstone.

Last edited:
The table above is accurate. It refers to the points accumulated towards the country coefficient. The club coefficient of 8 is different.

The country count takes in all the games from the qualifiers onwards. The qualifier points are 1 for a win and 0.5 for a draw. From the group onwards, it's 2 for a win and 1 for a draw with bonus points depending on how far you get.

The club count doesn't include the country points you get on the back of the results in the qualifiers. See the table below:

• 0.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the preliminary round
  • 1 point awarded to each club eliminated in the first qualifying round
  • 1.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the second qualifying round
  • 2 points awarded to each club eliminated in the third qualifying round
  • 2.5 points awarded to each club eliminated in the play-offs
  • 2 points awarded for a win in Group stage
  • 1 point awarded for a draw in Group stage
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Quarter-final
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Semi-final
  • 1 point awarded if club reach the Final
You receive a minimum of 3 club coefficient points for reaching the Europa groups. These aren't bonus points like the Champions league where you get 4 on top of the points accrued for wins and draws. They are the minimum guaranteed and this is why if the mentally challengeds finish their group with only one draw, they will still get 3 coefficient points.

As an example, if a club started in the QR1 and won both legs, same again in QR2 and QR3, but won the home leg of the play off round 1-0 and lost the second leg 2-0 thus being eliminated, they would have earned 7 points for their country but only 2.5 for the club.
Brilliant. Thanks for the info

The reason we are referred to as Glasgow Rangers rather than the Rangers is because in European circles a team‘s name has to identify where they come from. Consequently we have Glasgow in front of our name. Tottenham and Chelsea, for example, are OK because they are ares of London. We could choose to be known as Ibrox or Govan Rangers but we choose Glasgow.
Arsenal in European parlance are London Arsenal because Arsenal is a district in London.
There aren’t that many clubs who don’t have the name of their town/city in their name. In fact it’s kinda hard to think of them. In the Scottish premiership there’s;
the Scum,
Edinburgh Hibernian,
Paisley St Mirren,
Perth St Johnstone.
My ,German, Bayer Neverkusen supporting mate always talked about their UEFA cup win against Barcelona. Good points! I would add I delighted in asking how big their trophy cupboard was. Fing Germans have no sense of humor ;-)

I need to pinch myself at our run of form in Europe.
Over the last 3 years is been nothing short of outstanding.
Let’s give SG a champions league shot.

Back