11 points - if we are on it.

If we are to win the league we must win every game up to the old firm. 3 wins in a row just now is a must would put the mhanks under enormous pressure more than they've been under in many years as I reckon they will drop more points if we do. Make no mistake bolongolio has gave us a massive advantage with his stupidity that we must seize upon and show no mercy.

Can we stop posting how many points ahead we could be ,

Two hard games coming up especially away at Livingston on that shite pitch .

Hibs spanked them 4 1.

Sorry st johnstone kille at home and livi away are 3 games we should be winning if we want to be winning leagues

There's absolutely no excuse for our players if they don't win these next 3 games. If we want to win the league we need to take this opportunity.

I could not agree more. Winning the next three games will not win us the league. Dropping points in the next three games won’t lose us the league.

But by %^*&, this is the first time in a long time we have had an opportunity to really put pressure on them. Title winners take those opportunities.

I’ve seen this stuff for a few years now
“Next 3/4/5 games are all stick ons”
What happens
We draw the next game or 2.

(reverse psychology loyal)

Imagine winning the league by 1 point after they get a 2pt deduction. The implosion would be immense.

Reactions: VGM
One game at a time for us. Let’s not look too far ahead or get excited too early. All winnable games, but focus on the immediate game before anything else.

Yup, at this point each game comes with it's own challenge. Let's get three tomorrow night then regroup. With them not playing, we can afford to do that with no pressure on us.

Big difference when a team plays the low block

Don’t deserve to be close to winning the league if we don’t regularly turn over fodder like Livingston.

They’ve been beaten twice, not scored from open play and we should be absolutely thumping them.

We've got the possibility now to set a marker for sure. If they screw up (and we don't), it could be wonderful.

They've already been publicly humiliated today by Wee Elfie and the mood will be caustic in the place at the moment.

Rangers first and always first, but I will say it will be quite beautiful to watch us put them in such a position that the pond life destroy each other and themselves if they slip up and we dont.

Treacle teeth - tends to (allegedly) soak up his sorrows for several days in a row after an unpleasant result and criticism. Dressing room ambience like an impending punch-up at a funeral.
4Priests - will start attacking Lawell about opening up cash and 'legacy'
general mutants - will start huge amounts of infighting.
A player or two not enjoying it - Making comments to the press about leaving
Shit European results - Things will start to spill over.

If we keep our focus per game, then we'll come out of this good by the end of next week.

St Johnstone(H)
Livi(A)
Kille(H)

If we don’t take the nine points I’ll be very disappointed.
Only one away game. Livi may be tricky but I'll be very disappointed if we don't take full points. It's not as if we're going to be distracted by Europe (as we usually are at this time of year)

I actually think behind closed doors helps us in some of these games, the crowd at Ibrox can be hard work against weaker teams and empty away grounds the same.

Take the points when we get them and hopefully a full Ibrox for New year game.

Whist not quite a 'top drawer' team —at least not yet—there are still a couple of weaknesses that remain to be sorted out. Nevertheless, the team that Gerrard and his staff have put together is completely unrecognizable from the team he inherited when he first arrived at Ibrox. Quite simply, it is easily the strongest Rangers team we have seen in a very long time. If we remain focused win the games we are supposed to win, and take care of biz. against Hibs and Aberdeen etc., we will stand an excellent chance bringing home the league.

We dont have any hard games coming up, we play St Johnstone, Livi and Killi

These should and will be brushed aside without an issue

I’ve lost count how many times over the last 2 seasons posts like this have ended up looking embarrassing. I hope for your case it’s not another.

It‘s a huge opportunity but I’m taking absolutely nothing for granted.

Until this squad of players can routinely beat dross - which up until now there has been zero evidence of them being able to do so - then I’ll believe it when I see it. They have continually shat the bed when opportunities like this have arose.

Stop being so pessimistic. Good players can cope with any pitch
Dont think hes being pessimistic, just showing a bit of caution.

One game at a time is the way to go, people are thinking 3 games ahead and as football does so often it come back to bite you.

I'm sure the players will be well aware of this.

Rangers getting full points from 3 games would put the yahoos under huge psychological pressure. If they dropped a couple of points, or more, during their 3 make-up games, then the upcoming OF game would be of massive significance. If we went into that game already with, say, with a 4 point advantage, and actually beat them, we would be 7 clear. In such a scenario the bheasts would utterly implode.
I heard they would implode last season, first of all the dressing room falling apart because of lennon, then after they got knocked out of the cl.

So many posts about them.,The titles in our hands but theres far too long to go, even if we win the next 3.

We kept going on about how we had a game in hand along with 2 against them and how we could have caught them in the league. A far tougher challenge than theyll face clawing back the points.

Consistency - match by single match
Discipline - don't give anyone an opportunity to hand out punishments
No blabbing to the press - talking done on the park.
Start games well, get goals in first half.
Go on a winning run and build the momentum
Forget about the Tinks
Repeat till end of season

One game at a time for sure but it’s hard to deny that if we take max points from three games where it’s quite achievable the pressure on the mentally challengeds will be unbelievable. It’s a big opportunity, up to us to seize it. Seen and said this before though.

Our games seem easy enough on paper, but considering each team will stick 10 behind the ball and Killie and Livi have plastic pitches, they’re not guaranteed.

Our games seem easy enough on paper, but considering each team will stick 10 behind the ball and Killie and Livi have plastic pitches, they’re not guaranteed.
If Killie are playing on their plastic pitch, that should make it easier for us to score at Ibrox.

Assuming we take care of St Johnstone, we'll know more after Livingston I think.

We have constantly failed to apply pressure to them under Gerrard. Anytime we are given a chance to go ahead, we've shat it. It's especially true on shit pitches where we always struggle. Watched the hivs highlights and the pitch looked absolutely pathetic

Even after Sunday, and possibly going 8pts in front, will be massive for us

One game at a time, but there really is no excuse not to win all three if we are serious about winning the title.

While it adds pressure to Celtic if we do win, it also adds pressure to us at the moment. The lads will know its a huge huge opportunity to get a lead we hopefully won't ever give up.

If we stay focused on the task at hand for each game we can win all three.

ONE GAME AT A TIME.

Every year it's the same with people getting carried away and we end up with egg on our face. Focus on the next game and just get the job done.

I’ve lost count how many times over the last 2 seasons posts like this have ended up looking embarrassing. I hope for your case it’s not another.

It‘s a huge opportunity but I’m taking absolutely nothing for granted.

Until this squad of players can routinely beat dross - which up until now there has been zero evidence of them being able to do so - then I’ll believe it when I see it. They have continually shat the bed when opportunities like this have arose.
I dont really care about myself it would be embarassing for the club if at the start of the season we cant string a couple of wins together against the league also rans.

Say hypothetically we get 11 points ahead at such an early stage of the season, with future games possibly up in the air with a spike due to the covid situation in the country, I don't think it would take a genius on here to figure out what celtcs cunning plan would be.

Forget 11 points, think about 3 points, tonight. We can then look at the next 3 then the next 3 and so on.

It is important that we focus on each game as they come.

It’s a cliche, but every single game should treated as a cup final.

get the win, nothing else matters.

Said from the start, this season is different, we cannot afford to drop points, we may not get the full season to pick them back up. We need to get in front and stay there.

I do love these threads but in the past every time I look ahead at how many points we can get ahead by before they play we end up effin it up.

A daft draw at home to St Johnstone being a usual example.

I hope the team don’t have this mindset and take it one game at a time instead, only looking at the next 3 points. They’ve let us down so many times before when they’ve had a chance to apply real pressure so I’ll certainly take nothing for granted.

Totally agree with you here mate.

We’ve shät the bed all too often when we’ve had an opportunity to turn the screw on them.

I’m optimistic that this time will be different - mainly because I think having no fans at the game helps a number of our players.

The simple fact is that if we fail to go on several extended winning runs then we will not be winning this league.

In 2018-19 the most we won back to back was 6.
Last season the best we managed was 5 (though we did do that twice).

Honestly we are needing to go on winning runs and when those come to an end we need to immediately start another long winning run.

The word people keep throwing around is "ruthless".

If we win game after game here then they will crumble.

The next three matches are absolutely must win for us.

Put ourselves 11 points clear and show we are right up for winning the league this season and then they can step out against Dundee United at Tannadice with their heads spinning.

The opportunity we have been handed here is absolutely massive.

We need to take it.

This. Is. It.

going to be honest, these are the type of games we slip up on to often,

it needs drilled into the players the importance that these 9 points mean.

Any particular reason why the fans can’t look and discuss the potential point scenario that could be achieved? It’s the management and players responsibility to approach one at a time.

Back