13,000 att. at Feyenoord game today

greigsdestiny

Subscribed to Premier Sport the other day for our game in Gibraltar & as we know they have Spanish & Italian fitba including the Dutch league which a caught a bit of today & noticed there were a fair few folk @ the feyenoord/twente game. Had a quick look at the stats & 13,000 in attendance.
Think the french have started letting spectators into their games too.

Subscribed to Premier Sport the other day for our game in Gibraltar & as we know they have Spanish & Italian fitba including the Dutch league which a caught a bit of today & noticed there were a fair few folk @ the feyenoord/twente game. Had a quick look at the stats & 13,000 in attendance.
Is it not about 5k at French games. Strange at at a time when cases are going up. Or are they being pragmatic

First 3 Feyenoord League matches were announced as 13k a few weeks back. Think all Stadiums in top flight are allowed 25%.

Madness to be honest, cases in North and South Holland are going through the rough.

If you think the British have handled COVID badly the Dutch have gone to another level. Not a %^*& given.

Why does it feel that football fans will be the last to return to normal?
I believe darts fans even had punters back this weekend for an indoor event.

15% of stadiums capacity should be in place now and then gradual increases thereafter

Most of it is TV noise as most the games on just now are empty stadiums.

Right. I mean last week when the players decided to link arms and the crowds went mental booing....I’m fairly comfortable suggesting that was not artificial noise

Right. I mean last week when the players decided to link arms and the crowds went mental booing....I’m fairly comfortable suggesting that was not artificial noise

There was only fans at Jacksonville game last Sunday. Kansas had some fans on the opening Thursday.

There was only fans at Jacksonville game last Sunday. Kansas had some fans on the opening Thursday.

it was Kansas I was referring to. I’m not sure what point you’re making anyway. Think you’re trying to say the fans don’t make much noise in limited numbers? The American commentators seem to be saying otherwise

it was Kansas I was referring to. I’m not sure what point you’re making anyway. Think you’re trying to say the fans don’t make much noise in limited numbers? The American commentators seem to be saying otherwise

I am listening to the games and the noise is the same level on the games with or without fans. So as a viewer it all sounds the same.

I'm just afraid that with winter coming in, the normal cold and flu season will have the countries in panic and stadiums won't be open any time soon, or for long. Hope I am wrong though

They’ll have sore feet wit a climb that is

They were supposed to have 7k fans at the Bayern game on Friday but they cancelled it as the infection rate is rising in Munich. There's no chance of us seeing fans any time soon with a second lockdown expected.

Spoke with the Feyenoord fans at my work today. They reckon the 13k was not controlled and that there were nearer 20k in the ground. People were apparently managing to get in using the same ticket twice etc.
I’m not quite sure how that’s possible given the fencing and gates around the stadium, but they are certainly saying it was closer to 20k n attendance anyway.

I'm not going to Ibrox until you don't need to stand miles apart, wear a mask as well as being able to finally chant/sing. It's just not the same until then, that's just my opinion.

KNVB says fans need time to adjust to ban on singing in stadiums

The Dutch football association has said fans still need to ‘adjust’ to the ban on singing at matches after several incidents of chanting on the opening weekend of the new season. Fans have been allowed back into stadiums under strict conditions that include keeping 1.5 metres apart from other family groups and refraining from cheering, singing or shouting.

Prime minister Mark Rutte has warned that stadiums may have to close their doors again if supporters fail to observe the rules. ‘Put simply: then we’ll have a real problem. That means it’s not working and we’ll have to look again,’ he said in a debate in parliament in June. The KNVB said most fans had followed the rules during Saturday and Sunday’s matches, but the ‘no cheering’ rule was proving a challenge, particularly when goals are scored or players are sent off. ‘Although not every noise in the stadium can be classed as a large-scale and extensive chanting, we have seen that this did not go entirely without a hitch,’ the KNVB said after the weekend fixtures. ‘It was the first round of matches in the Eredivisie, so some people are probably still adjusting. ‘This is only one aspect of one of the many rules.

In general we are positive and very pleased that football has started again.’ Ajax home Paul Depla, the mayor of Breda who represents the 31 municipalities with professional football teams, told NRC that next weekend would be a bigger test with Ajax, PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord all playing their first home matches. A total of 13,000 tickets have been sold for Ajax’s game in the ArenA against RKC Waalwijk. ‘Everything will be safe inside, but all those people will have to get home by metro, train and bus. That will be more interesting.’ ‘It’s difficult to stop supporters singing,’ Depla added. ‘As mayors we don’t want to get into the business of policing cheering.’

Good to see parts of Europe getting back to normal.

KNVB says fans need time to adjust to ban on singing in stadiums

The Dutch football association has said fans still need to ‘adjust’ to the ban on singing at matches after several incidents of chanting on the opening weekend of the new season. Fans have been allowed back into stadiums under strict conditions that include keeping 1.5 metres apart from other family groups and refraining from cheering, singing or shouting.

Prime minister Mark Rutte has warned that stadiums may have to close their doors again if supporters fail to observe the rules. ‘Put simply: then we’ll have a real problem. That means it’s not working and we’ll have to look again,’ he said in a debate in parliament in June. The KNVB said most fans had followed the rules during Saturday and Sunday’s matches, but the ‘no cheering’ rule was proving a challenge, particularly when goals are scored or players are sent off. ‘Although not every noise in the stadium can be classed as a large-scale and extensive chanting, we have seen that this did not go entirely without a hitch,’ the KNVB said after the weekend fixtures. ‘It was the first round of matches in the Eredivisie, so some people are probably still adjusting. ‘This is only one aspect of one of the many rules.

In general we are positive and very pleased that football has started again.’ Ajax home Paul Depla, the mayor of Breda who represents the 31 municipalities with professional football teams, told NRC that next weekend would be a bigger test with Ajax, PSV Eindhoven and Feyenoord all playing their first home matches. A total of 13,000 tickets have been sold for Ajax’s game in the ArenA against RKC Waalwijk. ‘Everything will be safe inside, but all those people will have to get home by metro, train and bus. That will be more interesting.’ ‘It’s difficult to stop supporters singing,’ Depla added. ‘As mayors we don’t want to get into the business of policing cheering.’

I can understand being able to attend fitba without singing but no cheering or shouting? That's impossible.

Back