15 years ago today. The original and best Helicopter Sunday

Evil-Monkey

A day no Rangers fan will ever forget. Simply amazing going from a nothing game to hearing motherwell 1-1 then 2-1 and cue all of us going absolutely mental for the last few mins of the game. 15yrs though, where the hell does the time go!

QueensferryCR3Bear

I lived locally at the time. Couldn't get a ticket though. Stayed at home, couldn't watch! Checked scores saw they were winning. Heard a roar go up at Easter Road popped radio on , us one up. Decided to leave the radio on to hear us hopefully go on and score another 1 or 2 and at least do our job. I think I was cleaning the oven to take my mind off things when Mothwerwell scored. Stopped cleaning, telly went on, rest is history. What a day.

I was on a 16 Brigade level exercise and smashed my £9.99 wireless when Celtic scored at first. I switched my phone off to save the battery and switched it on again after the match....I knew we had it when messages started to flood through. I went to grab my rifle and do the whole celebratory Iraqi gunfire into the sky routine (even though it was loaded with blanks) then I thought nah I need the money to get up the road to Glasgow again and it ain’t worth the charge!!!

alan16

Am I right in thinking Setanta were showing both games ? Anyway I wasn’t watching and decided to turn tv on for last few minutes and when Motherwell got second I ran out into back garden screaming, next door neighbor (sheep fan) was lying sunbathing pretending to be asleep :))

Chris01

What a day!

Couldn’t go to the game and had to work that day. Driving home thinking it was all over.

McDonald scores his first and I pull into the next street and just waited. Didn’t dare text my mates until it was over

Sitting praying by the side of the road and he scores again - I start dancing out the car in the middle of the street - folk must have thought I was nuts!

went out to celebrate that night. Nothing will ever top that

BlueNoseBlueblood

I lived locally at the time. Couldn't get a ticket though. Stayed at home, couldn't watch! Checked scores saw they were winning. Heard a roar go up at Easter Road popped radio on , us one up. Decided to leave the radio on to hear us hopefully go on and score another 1 or 2 and at least do our job. I think I was cleaning the oven to take my mind off things when Mothwerwell scored. Stopped cleaning, telly went on, rest is history. What a day.
e

Hee hee, I was hoovering the car to take my mind off outcome, had my Sony
mini radio and ear-buds (RadScot Reception faltering as I moved around)....abandoned hoover, didn't know if I should run to pub or stay still
with radio.... Neighbours thought I'd lost it. Unbelievable.

In subsequent years I've enjoyed McDonald's efforts that day over again as it became a bstard team employing a wee dirty bstard (against us) that stuffed
them that day.....almost as good as green on green kicking each other

rangeral

Picked up a couple of tickets on here on the Thursday before

Such a surreal game that in the last 15 minutes or so both teams were quite happy to play out like a pre-season type game with us hoping something which would emerge from Fir Park and it did!

Way home was fun as there was an accident on the M8 and we went via Chapelhall and Coatbridge!

BlueNoseBlueblood

What a day!

Couldn’t go to the game and had to work that day. Driving home thinking it was all over.

McDonald scores his first and I pull into the next street and just waited. Didn’t dare text my mates until it was over

Sitting praying by the side of the road and he scores again - I start dancing out the car in the middle of the street - folk must have thought I was nuts!

went out to celebrate that night. Nothing will ever top that
:p See You! See Me #19 - :rolleyes:

Gibraltar Loyal

Watched it in a pub and when all bears started celebrating at Easter Road the barman turned over to the Motherwell game only for it to blue screen. Pub was deathly silent waiting to see what was happening. Eventually came on to see McDonalds 2nd. Fuckin pandemonium! Drinks everywhere. Tables knocked over. Everyone jumping about. Happy days!

Grigo Yossarian

:))
Watched it in a pub and when all bears started celebrating at Easter Road the barman turned over to the Motherwell game only for it to blue screen. Pub was deathly silent waiting to see what was happening. Eventually came on to see McDonalds 2nd. Fuckin pandemonium! Drinks everywhere. Tables knocked over. Everyone jumping about. Happy days!
Yep, Aragon, Byres Road for me. People dancing all over the road. Memorable day :)):D
:)):D

dh1963

A pub in Gibraltar?

My wife's aunt has run a pub there for many years, and it has a picture of Ibrox on the wall ;)