15 years ago today. The original and best Helicopter Sunday

Shawlands_Bluenose

My recollection. Was 17, playing last game of my teams season at Paisley Racecourse and my mum was driving me back to shawlands afterwards as the game was in its closing stages. Came off the M8 at Seaward St sitting at the lights at Shields Rd when Motherwell equslised. Went mental in the car, always remember looking across the other set of lights and seeing another Bear going equally mental.

Second Motherwell goal went in as were going through Pollokshields, just remember driving along Queens Drive by the top of Vicky Rd and seeing all the tarriers spilling out of the pubs in govanhill absolutely stunned by what had just happened.

One of the best days in my life without doubt

Russell

It's a JFK moment Russell :))

Every bear in the world can just shut their eyes & picture it.

One of THEE great days mate.

I'm sure you had lots of guys wanting to celebrate with you in Donegal ???? :eek:
Yeah Grigio not many looking to celebrate with me other than family & a few of our men in our Loyal Bears of Donegal Supporters Club.

I’m sitting here still getting shivers down the spine think did it really happen. I 100% did not believe. My Mum still talks about big Marvin Andrews & how God was with us.

Will 55 be better?? I think & hope it will. Each day we live & breath makes that day a step closer. Hope you & the family are well & we are back to Ibrox soon.

Grigo Yossarian

Yeah Grigio not many looking to celebrate with me other than family & a few of our men in our Loyal Bears of Donegal Supporters Club.

I’m sitting here still getting shivers down the spine think did it really happen. I 100% did not believe. My Mum still talks about big Marvin Andrews & how God was with us.

Will 55 be better?? I think & hope it will. Each day we live & breath makes that day a step closer. Hope you & the family are well & we are back to Ibrox soon.
Brilliant Russell.

Behind enemy lines, as they say :)):))

I think we all probably thought Big Marvin was wrong but he became a legend that day. :cool:

The thought of 55 ? Undoubtedly the biggest ever for me, after all we’ve been through Russell, but after this season’s rollercoaster I’m trying to keep it out of my mind for now :))

Stay safe & well mate ;)

Burgh-Ger

Strange emotions for me for that day!! My old dear was really sick and was rushed to hospital so I missed the game to be with her. I phoned my pall for an update just as Motherwell scored their second goal.
Seems odd saying it now but me and my old man were celebrating in the coffee shop in the hospital.
When I went back to tell my mum we had won her face lit up.
A lovely memory for many reasons - she passed a few weeks later

Russell

Brilliant Russell.

Behind enemy lines, as they say :)):))

I think we all probably thought Big Marvin was wrong but he became a legend that day. :cool:

The thought of 55 ? Undoubtedly the biggest ever for me, after all we’ve been through Russell, but after this season’s rollercoaster I’m trying to keep it out of my mind for now :))

Stay safe & well mate ;)
55 is in the Post... :)

Cavanloyal

Am I right in thinking Setanta were showing both games ? Anyway I wasn’t watching and decided to turn tv on for last few minutes and when Motherwell got second I ran out into back garden screaming, next door neighbor (sheep fan) was lying sunbathing pretending to be asleep :))
Yeah that's right, was flicking between both channels. Some day!!

EverGer

I was watching my mates team at the battery park in gourock. I couldn’t face watching the game so just the radio on in my headphones. I remember when the goals went on I went mad. The game actually stopped and people were celebrating on the pitch. The ref was trying to get them to concentrate. Mental moment. It can’t be 15 years.