150,000 Bears in Seville

Gutted I couldn’t get out of work loads of my mates are there the now sending pictures feel like greeting wi pure unadulterated Jealousy

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt, highest official estimates from the Home office, Seville authorities, police and Mayor has it as a max of ~60,000.

We have taken 2 and a half times that number by the looks of it. Incredible.

2 and a half. Where have I heard that before, bro?

Saw Tims on Facebook claim they now took 100k+ to Seville. The Seville police official estimate was between 54k and 58k, I remember searching for and finding their report but can't find it now as it keeps bringing up us in Seville and their claims of 80k.
I never saw any pictures from Seville in 2003 that indicated there were thousands of Filth in the city in the manner that we saw when Rangers were in Manchester.
Their claims are made without evidence.
Ours are stacked up with evidence galore.

Steven Gerrard more or less said the same...I know it's hypothetical, but if we played in the EPL we would be bigger than anyone down there.

The number 1 reason why it would never happen. Too many noses would be put out of joint. Nobody is voting for or welcoming a club of Rangers size to push them out of the European places.

No, we don't have the biggest support in world football.
But we probably have the biggest travelling support in world football.
Quite sure we could regularly get 100,000 crowds for big home games too. If Ibrox was big enough then it would take away with the need for season tickets, so the economics probably don't make sense for the club.

I’m the 70s I was caught in the middle of an argument between two pals.
One had followed the Lisbon Lesbos the other Barcelona 72 Bears.

Same topic. Who has the greatest support ?

The Bear came out with a statement that is still true to this day.

“ if you went into the Amazon jungle you would still find Rangers banners hanging off the trees”.

Fair play to the other guy.
He laughed and agreed.

Steven Gerrard more or less said the same...I know it's hypothetical, but if we played in the EPL we would be bigger than anyone down there.
I watched a podcast with him and Robbie Fowler where he said in terms of size and fans ,our club could go toe to toe with anyone in the UK

Take away all the far east ,American ,South Asian etc fans of EPL clubs
As a solely British football club we are a match for anyone

Last edited:
I think because we are not in the EPL then a lot of people in England who are interested in football will favour us in our eternal battle with ceptic. If we were in the EPL then a lot of that goodwill may disappear as we become direct competitors.

Also, on the political side, we wouldn't have that Unique Selling Point of being the quintessential pro British club as that is only relevant to our position in Scotland. Singing God Save the Queen at a game against Arsenal would be more pointless than singing it against ceptic.

Seville is in a different time zone and they have special Seville calculators,Must be 300,000 using the Seville calculator.

Just shows you the numbers we have in our support.

For every 1 Rangers fan in Seville, there will be a minimum of 10 watching tonight's game at home or in the pub.

This is without the riches of being a 'super club'.

No bad for a team from a wee country.
The multiplication of bears watching around the globe is more like 100 at least.

Me too! fking work!
Same here, not enough notice to get the required days off. Got Saturday off for the SC final, lucky enough to cop a brief in the ballot, heading down the road Saturday morn. Truly hope it's a double celebration. May all the lucky Rangers fans in Seville, have a belter of a party.

I watched a podcast with him and Robbie Fowler where he said in terms of size and fans ,our club could go toe to toe with anyone in the UK

Takeawy all the far east ,American ,South Asian etc fans of EPL clubs
As a solely British football club we are a match for anyone
We are far and away the biggest British club, and also the most patriotic by a country mile imo.

I think because we are not in the EPL then a lot of people in England who are interested in football will favour us in our eternal battle with ceptic. If we were in the EPL then a lot of that goodwill may disappear as we become direct competitors.

Also, on the political side, we wouldn't have that Unique Selling Point of being the quintessential pro British club as that is only relevant to our position in Scotland. Singing God Save the Queen at a game against Arsenal would be more pointless than singing it against ceptic.
Singing God Save the Queen certainly wouldn’t be pointless when playing Liverpool judging by their embarrassing antics at the FA Cup final last Saturday….

Quite sure we could regularly get 100,000 crowds for big home games too. If Ibrox was big enough then it would take away with the need for season tickets, so the economics probably don't make sense for the club.
No, without season tickets we would get huge crowds for certain matches and smaller crowds for the less fashionable teams.
Supporters would just pick and choose.
Season tickets with a smaller capacity have probably been a better revenue stream for the club than the way it was when we could easily accommodate 80 odd thousand.
That said, if we were playing better quality opposition such as in the EPL then we would need a far bigger capacity.

I remember when they got there, they were happily celebrating around 50k to 60k fans being there

It’s moved to around 100k with the benefit of the Seville calculator

We really are the people, don’t need to manipulate the numbers, won’t be having a play made or a Suite named if we end up losing either

They really are a different breed, whatever happens tonight at least we are not them I suppose

I have no idea how they calculate the numbers of Rangers supporters who are in Seville - it’s a tsunami of blue:)

I remember when they got there, they were happily celebrating around 50k to 60k fans being there

We really are the people, don’t need to manipulate the numbers, won’t be having a play made or a Suite named if we end up losing either

They really are a different breed, whatever happens tonight at least we are not them I suppose
Its moved to a lot more than that and currently being reviewed on an hourly basis dependent on the news coming in.

Always 80k was number banded about , isn’t the worst thing they’ve lied about .

No, without season tickets we would get huge crowds for certain matches and smaller crowds for the less fashionable teams.
Supporters would just pick and choose.
Season tickets with a smaller capacity have probably been a better revenue stream for the club than the way it was when we could easily accommodate 80 odd thousand.
That said, if we were playing better quality opposition such as in the EPL then we would need a far bigger capacity.
Think it’s also fair to say Rangers in the EPL would result in Ibrox becoming a ” football tourist venue” , which would add a few to the gate.

Back