150 Games of SG - Most Memorable one?

Has to be Barga at home for me. but probably that is partly remembering the feeling of leaving Ibrox that night and bouncing along the street on the way home.

The biggest game is still to come; when/where ever we clinch 55 is going to be the really big one that is never forgotten.

In total honesty I wasn't overly impressed when he got the job, but how wrong was I. He seems to have worked so hard behind the scenes to get us to this point and has looked every bit a proper Rangers manager for a long time now.

Legia Warsaw was a massive game for the team and for Gerrard in particular.

The impact of that late Morelos goal cannot be underestimated - a huge win in a tight affair. The atmosphere after the goal is among the best I have ever witnessed.

Despite us not winning anything under SG so far (this will obviously change in the very near future) I have a real fondness for the 2018/19 season. Clearly there were some really frustrating moments, games against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock for instance, and the frustating results post Xmas before very nearly dragging ourselves back into a title race with only 10 men at Parkhead, but watching the early Europa League games again on YouTube brings back great memories of the real hope that was starting to build and that feeling of having our pride in the team back again. I remember Maribor at first being thought of by many at the time as maybe one step too far at that point of Gerrard's reign, yet soon we were holding our own against Villarreal, beating Rapid and being unlucky not to beat Spartak at least once.

A league win this season will likely eclipse everything I will ever experience following Rangers and the outpouring of emotion and jubilation will be incredible, but the memories of those early days in that hot summer of 2018 post World Cup and the real sense of genuine belief that was starting to grow for the first time in years thanks largely to a superstar with no previous connection to our club will always hold a really special place in my heart.

I think in years to come people will look back at our matches against Porto and these will be seen as remarkable results and performances by our improving team.

Ryan Jack 1-0 mentally challengeds

The 2 Porto games

Vienna at Ibrox

Aberdeen 5-0 at Ibrox.

Honourable mention to when we demolished the Danish mob. I said at the time & before they were in the CL groups, that it was an underrated result.

Fucking hell, this thread is making me miss Ibrox.

My wedding day.

About 12 ST holders missed the game that's day.

There are so many already. Several massive Old Firm wins - the 1-0 with Jack scoring, the 1-2 last season at New Year and the two already this season. All massive at the time and the 0-2 this season is when we started to open up a gap back to them which if we are being honest, they have never looked capable of closing.

In Europe, it starts almost immediately after he comes in for me. Maribor at Ibrox was a brilliant night, Ufa away was arguably the biggest win of his tenure and Rapid Vienna at Ibrox was another cracker. Braga last season will take some beating.

The Braga comeback and first Old Firm win (Jack) in who knows how long, obviously.

I thought I was going to be the first football hipster and say "well actually the Maribor game was an incredibly underrated moment" Which it was.

After getting pumped out by Progress in our first European tie in 5 or 6 years, negotiating 4 rounds of qualifying looked like a tall order. I honestly thought it would be small steps, win a couple of ties, put up a decent account of ourselves against whoever the first experienced team we came up against, probably lose, come back and build on that next year.

We won a couple of ties, but 99% of people have never heard of Shkupi or Osijek. Maribor aren't exactly a major European team, but they had made the Champions League group stages in 2 of the previous 4 years, taking points off Chelsea, Sevilla, Spartak Moscow, Schalke and Sporting Lisbon. They are the kind of team you can't just expect to turn up and beat, but you really need to be able to beat if you have any realistic hopes of doing anything in Europe. A big step up.

When we beat them 3-1 at Ibrox, I really thought, holy shit, maybe just maybe, we can make the group stages. I'm also not ignoring the symbolism of revenge for them beating us in our last European tie as we sank to the depths.

Since that day, our consistency in Europe has been better than almost any 3-year stretch I can remember in the last 40 years. We have played far bigger names, but no one outside of Leverkusen has put us to the sword over two games, and I genuinely believe that the confidence of knowing we can match up with teams like Braga, Porto, Gala, Benfica, Feyenoord, Villareal, Spartak, Legia has helped us to believe we can match and overtake Celtic.

And who knows, without the obvious improvement in Europe, would Gerrard have survived 2 trophyless seasons? Not many recent Old Firm managers do.

First time we beat them at Ibrox. From Halliday’s tackle at the start of the game we were just up for it.
My main memory after it was just meeting mates, screaming loud Yes’s and hugging. Happened all around me for most of the night too. So much raw emotion coming out.

Probably beating them 2 nil in October for me. Although all the other wins v them are special, this is what set us up for getting our title back and putting them in their place.

Braga is the first to come to mind. Strange that it’s euro games rather than beating them that’s top. Suppose euro results are more impressive than beating a bang average scum team.

Too many over a relatively short time to list. Sure we have won nothing yet but... reputation and respect in Europe restored to levels which we have not seen since the early 60's and early 70's.

Celtic in fear of us when they play us.

But to pick a game, and a goal, it would probably be the goal on the break where Candeias did the ridiculous chase down and back heel around the half line for Morelos to run on and score against Rapid Vienna. I just knew then that this Manager and this squad were fearless as well as ruthless, relentless and ready.

Easily the 2-0 at the piggery for me. The team tipped by all and sundry to March towards 10 in a row getting bitchslapped without as much as a shot on target. Set the tone for the entire season and the stroll towards the title.
Think this was the first time we won the first OF game of the season. Past couple of seasons we've been playing catch up

Great question. Personally, think I enjoyed the Ryan Jack win against the tramps most. It sort of gave me the feeling of we are back. They cant intimidate our players anymore. I was bouncing.

But, that last minute winner against legia was something special. Meant so much getting to the group stages so I’ll go with this one.

Braga is the main one for me, that’s the one that renewed my faith

The Tav/Arfield 2-0 game was kind of the same, cemented the “oh, Stevie’s got these cunts” in my head

Ufa away. To get through that with 9 men said a lot about the character and resilience of the squad and was an early indicator that SG could get the best out of his players.
Maribor, Braga, Legia and scum wins were obviously very special too.

I've already commented on this thread but just another point I would like to add is that this is the most consistent and competitive I think I have ever seen Rangers in Europe in my lifetime.

I know we had the final in 2008 but anything after the last 32 that season was a bonus realisticlt! With Gerrard we are expecting to beat temas away from home in Europe which seams alien to me and we are going toe to toe with some great footballing sides.

Braga 3-2

Porto 1-0

Celtic 1st time

Legia last minute winner

Celtic 2-0 & Arfields salute

All games Ive been to. Obviously there has been some crackers this year but it’s not the same if your not there

The ease of beating them 2-0 this season.

A cool, calm demolition job. The only thing I could think was "this is too easy".

Snus Hiddink throwing a wobbly and then his players under the bus before the game whilst drunk, us absolutely dominating the game with less possession, limiting them to 0 shots on target and just picking them apart in a way I hadn't seen in decades.

They were in good form but the beating we gave them threw them into a chaos they still haven't recovered from.

Katic header v them, Candeias v Spartak Moscow away, Villareal away, Porto away for me..

Been said a few times but the Ryan Jack game.

Before that, we knew we were back but after that game we were really back and going to challenge. Maybe not right away that season, but it was coming.

Some of the European performances have been up there, but beating them at the piggery and the reaction afterwards is top of my list.

For me 29th Dec Ryan Jack winner. Me+my boy in BF1 was so good but when my boy said its best Ibrox ever been for him and stand was rocking,a realized how good that dau was

Beating the tramps in October, after they engineered what they thought was an advantage to play us 2 months later than normal... never gave them a sniff.. mentally challenged rat bastards

Ryan Jack 1 - 0 game against the scum.

Rapid at Ibrox for the atmosphere after we went ahead and the "Baku" song filled the stadium.

Ryan Jack 1-0.

I always phone my dad after the game to talk about the game. Couldn’t phone him for about twenty minutes until i calmed down and got less emotional!

That was the same as when we beat them on penalties with Warburton

Beating them at the chamber of secrets for the first time after our fightback from the bottom tier and Ufa away, down to 9 men, the coaching that night from the sidelines was phenomenal

The night of my Da’s funeral. Braga at home. My living room was stuffed to the gunnels with family, must’ve been about 20 of us all rammed in like sardines.

I cheekily said to everyone “ deflection off the wall “ before Hagi hit that free kick.

The windows in my living room nearly fell out with the roar, my lugs nearly burst too.

Europe has given us the most memorable matches, that and the wins over celtic. I was absolutely gutted to miss our first European group match for years against Rapid Vienna but I was in Florida at the time.

This season it’s the run of games after the 2-2 at Easter Road. Willem and Galatasaray especially. I think that’s when we’ve really rolled up our sleeves, dug in and we’ve never looked back. Willem was the start of our comeback to dropped points - we beat a side that people had been talking about. We didn’t just beat them, we battered them in Holland.

16 wins, two draws, topping our Europa League group, defeating Celtic and pulling ahead in the league up until defeat in Paisley in the League Cup.

Another vote for the 1-0 Ryan Jack vrs them.

There had been a few false dawns in earlier years, but that display and result confirmed we were at a level to compete.

Ryan Jack game against them, after that they knew we were back and the days of lording it over us were over. No coincidence that the tranny shagger left 2 months later he didn't want to get into a fight with us.

For me 29th Dec Ryan Jack winner. Me+my boy in BF1 was so good but when my boy said its best Ibrox ever been for him and stand was rocking,a realized how good that dau was
We watched it in Tenerife and by feck did me and my boy celebrate.

Back