150th Anniversary Top (Pic)

We never ever wore that kit. We got a loan of it for the picture
I originally wanted the star but having read that it was a probably a one off not so sure and this version a good compromise. Thing is did we ever play in a version of this strip - was our original playing strip not plain blue?

Last edited:
Think its lovely but wondering why the badge on the shorts is different to the one on the top?
I like the strip too, but you're right about the crest on the shorts. I noticed that. They're described as having the 150th anniversary crest, but they don't. It's the regular scroll crest.

I originally wanted the star but having read that it was a probably a one off not so sure and this version a compromise. Thing is did we ever play in a version of this strip - was our original playing strip not plain blue?
Edit: Misread!.

Just a thought on the lack of blue star. Are the authorities not anal about stuff like that and they have to be registered. As it's an unofficial club crest would that have meant the team couldnt wear it in a competitive match?

Side note, it would have been perfection had Castore decided to leave their logo off or even made it all white to blend into the background of the top.

why are there still no long sleeved version

i know the blue star was never a actual top but surely that would have been better than just making one up as thats what they have done here

That's an absolute cracker, I'll head into the store tomorrow and pick one up.

Wonder if we will get a long sleeve version.

Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s because Castore manufacture it mate.
Aye mate and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure 32Red sponsor our kits but they're not on it, so as I said they could have took one for the team or made their logo in white. But don't let logic get in the way of you being funny.

Love the top but who the phuk decided on the faux Glaswegian accent voiceover?
An embarrassing hybrid of Billy Connolly pish-take posh and groundskeeper Wullie.

why are there still no long sleeved version

i know the blue star was never a actual top but surely that would have been better than just making one up as thats what they have done here
We wore that style of badge in a treble winning season.

Took me a good few views to realise there is no sponsor, great call. I wonder if they will put one on it for it to be worn for a game.

Love it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Castore bring out another white one with the blue star in 2022.

What's the shops stocks been like for the last few releases? I dont get away from work till 3 and not sure if there's a point in going up

Aye mate and I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure 32Red sponsor our kits but they're not on it, so as I said they could have took one for the team or made their logo in white. But don't let logic get in the way of you being funny.

32Red don’t manufacture clothing unless I’ve missed something.

Look I get the point, and yes it would be great if for aesthetic purposes Castore were to leave off or hide their branding from the front of the shirt, but they’ve signed a contract to manufacture our kits and have massively grown their brand by doing so, on that basis it’s just not a realistic suggestion in the same way as it wouldn’t be for an Adidas or Nike.

Looks pretty's decent but everything Castore I’ve purchased has been shambolic so far in terms of quality so I’ll pass

My order number is 388127.

Hope that's not how many have bought it before me this morning or I've got a long wait! :))

Probably release a ‘Pro’ version for £30 dearer in a few months as they have done in the past.

The Pro Kit for the home was launched at the same time in store. The quality and fit are class even though it's much more money.

Wanting to find out if the Pro Kit is in store.

Fair play to the three sponsors for allowing this top and not demanding they have their name plastered all over it.

Take my money. Reckon this one will be a massive seller. Tangent but makes me so happy we can go and buy merchandise these days knowing that the club are getting their fair share of the cut rather than the pennies they got off SD. Although my bank account doesn’t agree!

Back