150th Anniversary Top (Pic)

Got it from the store after the MyGers training sessions

I was buying this one regardless because of its significance but I’m impressed, really like it, material and fit same as the other tops so far this season
Did you happen to see if they had pro kits in the Ibrox store?

They've taken the hump because they expected the kit to be based on photoshops of a kit we've never worn. Looneys.
Folk are "looneys" to expect a kit explicitly based on the star jersey worn in that famous Gallant Pioneers image to include... the star.

They could have made the top brown and folk would be applauding on here "spot on Castore, take my money!" :)

Folk are "looneys" to expect a kit explicitly based on the star jersey worn in that famous Gallant Pioneers image to include... the star.

They could have made the top brown and folk would be applauding on here "spot on Castore, take my money!" :)
It has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions why it doesn't include the star. You've just chosen to double down.

Do tell us more about why they've went out their way to spare the feelings of Graham Spiers though, I'm sure it'll give everyone a laugh. Why would he be against it?

Nice kit. No sponsor is great. The off set buttons is great. The old crest a nice touch too but how can they bring out a gallant pioneers kit and skip the most important detail. The big star!!

Anyone know when the store at Ibrox closes tonight?

Fancy getting this top but want to have a gander at the sizes and maybe pick up another couple of bits.

It has been pointed out to you on numerous occasions why it doesn't include the star. You've just chosen to double down.

Do tell us more about why they've went out their way to spare the feelings of Graham Spiers though, I'm sure it'll give everyone a laugh. Why would he be against it?
Well some guy seemed to think Clyde Rowing Club had exclusive rights to using a 6-cornered star on all UK sportswear.... but other than that nonsense, not seen any other explanation

Are you buying the "but Clyde Rowing Club wouldnt let us" line of reasoning? Surely no.

Absolutely love it, can see me pairing it with a nice pair of skinny fit denim shorts, white trainers and my golden tan as I strut around the streets of Melbourne, when I'm next over.
Take my money Rangers.

Well some guy seemed to think Clyde Rowing Club had exclusive rights to using a 6-cornered star on all UK sportswear.... but other than that nonsense, not seen any other explanation

Are you buying the "but Clyde Rowing Club wouldnt let us" line of reasoning? Surely no.
The club has said it was based on "classic shirts from the past".

Why would Graham Spiers and Michael Stewart have an issue with it and at which point in the design process do you think this was taken into consideration?

The club has said it was based on "classic shirts from the past".

Why would Graham Spiers and Michael Stewart have an issue with it and at which point in the design process do you think this was taken into consideration?
I think that when presented with the Gallant Pioneers image where they are wearing tops with 6 cornered stars on, it is likely a designer may have designed a top with... a 6-cornered star on it.

Just a hunch.

Someone in the club made the call to ditch that aspect. The most recognisable aspect of that image.

Avoiding a media faux-offended controversy about the star of david / pro-israel etc, it's not exactly science fiction given recent SMSM behaviour, is it?

I like it and will be purchasing asap.
As for the team wearing it, the anniversary celebration schedule released by the club states there will be a 150th year themed league match in March 2022.
Our only home league game then is against Aberdeen , so it may be then.
For those who have already been to the shop, are they doing retro themed printed numbers for the shirt?
(I know numbers were not on the back of football shirts for the first 50 years approximately, but a modern game shirt requires them)

1 6 9 0

1 8 7 2

5 5

;)

No rough sailings from Belfast in that .be covered in beer stains by 9.30am
Good job the seacat is consigned to history :))
nice enough shirt but the price of the replicia stuff has got away out of hand imo.
and i'm too old to be wearing it too :D

Do they have any socks either of the shops? The wee man wants the full kit but I can't see socks online.....

You’re the only trumpet banging on about ‘exclusive rights’

I said it belongs to a rowing club, in the sense that it is their crest. It is not and never has been a Rangers crest.

Think it would have looked a bit better if they had changed the sky blue outline of the shield to a sky blue outline of the star with the scroll badge in it. apart from that I quite like it, but will be buying the keeper one

The top is clearly meant to resemble the top in the famous photo. Surely no-one is denying this? Why have the offset buttons?

The most distinctive aspect of that top has been omitted. Why?

Probably for fear of flak from the likes of Graham Spiers and Michael Stewart, which is just pathetic
Aye Castore designing kits so as not to offend Spiers and Stewart. The only thing more pathetic than your post is the numner of posts since you joined. Now gies peace.

Surely to %^*& we have someone ITK who can confirm the goalkeeper shirt is going on sale and when i can buy it?

Absolutely love it, I'm far too old for this kind of thing at the age of 55 but, like the retro style top I bought last season I don't care, it's the simplicity that makes these tops things of beauty.

Bloody heck, I came in here to see praise and a bit of happiness at what for me is maybe our best kit in over a decade, and instead people are losing the nut because there’s no star. What is going on

Bought it in the wee club pop up shop in the stadium at the training day, an absolutey beautiful top. 10/10. Kudos to the club and castore.

Back