150th Anniversary Top (Pic)

Popped into the store at Ibrox this afternoon and bought it. (The store was busy at about 3.30 today and the staff said it had been like that all day)

I think it is absolutely stunning and a fantastic tribute for our 150 years.

About 100 concept kits based on the Gallant Pioneers top have appeared online over the years

Every single one has included the star with a Rangers RFC incorporated into it.

All hopelessly misguided in your view. Hmm.

If only you'd be there to tell them only Clyde Rowing Club have exclusive rights to use of the 6 pointed star...

You’re just point blank refusing to get the point here aren’t you? The star is not and was never a Rangers crest.

The concept kits were exactly that, people just making them up for the sake of it. We’ve had concept kits with 3 stripes down the side, does that mean they should have been included in this year’s kits?

If you don’t like the kit, don’t buy it but spare us the star outrage and do a bit of research.

I like it. Bought one this morning. These will sell in huge numbers with Christmas around the corner. Just hope we have a good deal with Castore in terms off add ons to the lump sum based on sales.

To be fair, I know people have had issues but my brother and I have upwards of 20 tops between us, with absolutely no issues at all.

Ive bought 2x of every single strip weve had under Castore and not had a single issue, neither with quality or delivery. Fair enough some folk have had problems, but i dont know anyone that has in my group of friends either, other than one guys delivery that took 3 weeks for the retro edition last season.

Class tbh.

My only complaints are they didn't go for the star, and that the Castore logo isn't white to blend it into the shirt, focus should've been on our badge.

Still, it'll be fuckin bought.

that fact hes cheaper

he should be told to at least keep it the same price
Thats price fixing and illegal. We can set a RRP, the retailer can sell it at whatever price they want, it's a free market. Ashley does this all the time, Adidas try to restrict what stock he gets because he discounts so much and his brand doesn't fit with theirs, they cant stop him selling it at whatever price he wants though.

This place is tragic, grown men devastated about a star, from a kit we have never used no less, its probably the same nutters who moan about the 5 stars on our kits.

I don't get the folks who actually go into meltdown over a top.

I am not keen on any of the 3 kits released this year, but I don't really care, it's a Rangers top and it'll sell as long as it has our badge on it.

The Gallant Pioneers is beautiful, love it.

You’re just point blank refusing to get the point here aren’t you? The star is not and was never a Rangers crest.

The concept kits were exactly that, people just making them up for the sake of it. We’ve had concept kits with 3 stripes down the side, does that mean they should have been included in this year’s kits?

If you don’t like the kit, don’t buy it but spare us the star outrage and do a bit of research.
Funny how when folk post a dissenting opinion on social media they are "outraged", "in meltdown", "devastated".

I promise you've I've had a good few laughs today at the back and forth on here. A shame there's some folk who can't handle a bit of disagreement on - of all things - a discussion forum

That's right mate. I wasn't aware of this but I searched the Gallant Pioneers picture and they are indeed to the side.

Would have loved the star too but I'm presuming that Clyde ARC would own and therefore require some sort of cut of the sales. Just my own thoughts though.
Own rights to a 6 point star? Na no havn that ;) ;)

You need to go see the founders trail. There is no proof this shirt was ever worn in an actual match.
I know, but I can see why they've chosen its design minus the star, since the original match kit was just a plain blue jersey. Easier to market this one as different and unique I suppose.

This place is tragic, grown men devastated about a star, from a kit we have never used no less, its probably the same nutters who moan about the 5 stars on our kits.

Twinkle twinkle little star
The lads are wondering where you are
Should you be on the kit or not
I cannae see you on the one I just bought
Twinkle twinkle little star
It seems the crest is best by far

And we hate Celtic and we hate Celtic
We hate Celtic and we hate Celtic .......

:D

14 pages and I’m sure it’s been covered already but %^*& it I will ask again. How’s the fitting in this top?

I have other castore tops in medium but if it’s a bit smaller I could be tempted to go large.

Back