15th can we gather outside the stadium ?

Obviously after the political and media backlash when we celebrated at Ibrox and George Square I can see the club urging the fans to stay away.
But that will probably fall on deaf ears, I think the bears will be ready to rumble come the 15th.

Must admit I'm a bit surprised there's been radio silence from the club on this.

George Square on a Saturday afternoon with shops and beer gardens open again is a whole different ball game to last time, which was a Sunday night during lockdown with nobody else about...

Time is marching on towards this, wondering what everyones plans are? The game itself is at 12:30. I get people will want to be at Ibrox, but with the roadworks etc, it might cause access issues etc. I also want to see the game, doesn't sound great standing watching it on my phone.

I am wondering about watching the game then getting a taxi into town to George Sq. Even then, I am assuming there will be many Bears descended there to have a sing song and a few cans with? Were there issues with cops last time and drinking in public etc? Are Bears expecting thousands in attendance like last time? More? I see a heap of folk saying they have hotels booked and are travelling from all over the country, beer gardens will surely be a no go in town I would have thought?

Time is marching on towards this, wondering what everyones plans are? The game itself is at 12:30. I get people will want to be at Ibrox, but with the roadworks etc, it might cause access issues etc. I also want to see the game, doesn't sound great standing watching it on my phone.

I am wondering about watching the game then getting a taxi into town to George Sq. Even then, I am assuming there will be many Bears descended there to have a sing song and a few cans with? Were there issues with cops last time and drinking in public etc? Are Bears expecting thousands in attendance like last time? More? I see a heap of folk saying they have hotels booked and are travelling from all over the country, beer gardens will surely be a no go in town I would have thought?
Beer gardens in town are fully booked. A lot from here have booked the Bier Halle sat night.

Most will get nowhere near the ground given they’ve shut the road off with more stuff expected in next few days.

No point hanging about outside the ground during game to miss that and the trophy being presented

The last thing you want is beer gardens etc. Pubs will be utter gash, compared to George Square.

Anyone who didn’t go last time, will probably want to go this time. Anyone who went last time, is definitely wanting to go this time. There will be thousands there.

Go to Ibrox, then George Square. Or, just go to George Square.

There are far too many fans for the Police to do anything about (unless you act full special).

As the evening progresses, the Police close in on the remaining fans at George Square. This starts from about 9pm and by 11pm you have a good chance of getting asked to move on or lifted, as more and more folk have left to go home or party elsewhere.

Basically, you have until about 1030pm/11pm ish to do whatever you want at George Square. Then just boost home and go bed.

Easy.

Nobody will be getting anywhere near the immediate area of the ground. There will be road blocks and barriers without a doubt. Plus one side of Edmiston Drive is closed and likely the full part of it will be for the 15th. Then you have an actual construction site behind the Copland Stand.

Also I don’t really know why people want to stand outside the stadium not being able to see Tavernier lift the trophy? I’ve waited 10 years for this moment to come our way again. If you think I’d settle for watching this massive moment in our history from a mobile phone screen outside Ibrox because I can’t actually be inside there then you’d be mental.

Watching the game and celebrations/interviews etc in the house with family then possibly going into George Square with friends.
That’s the simplest solution. Watch the game in the house and the subsequent celebrations, then if people are going to congregate, then they are free to do so in a public place and there’s nowhere more public than George Square, so I would imagine that’s where most folk will meet.

Either way, there will be people out and about but why miss it to hang about outside in a no-go zone when it’s on the telly?

As OP , the club need to make a statement on whether we can gather and what arrangements are . Open the gates for season ticket holders and those vaccinated
:))

No, they don't. We already know we can't because 1. the road is closed and 2. large groups can't gather.

They actually need to come out and tell people not to.

Last edited:
As OP , the club need to make a statement on whether we can gather and what arrangements are . Open the gates for season ticket holders and those vaccinated

There are no arrangements because we aren't allowed to gather. Next change to the levels is 17th May at the earliest

Folks,just a heads up I’m currently up at George Square and scaffolding is going up around the big statue in the middle.

No either of this was pre planned maintenance or is it ahead of next week ?

Folks,just a heads up I’m currently up at George Square and scaffolding is going up around the big statue in the middle.

Maybe it’s maintenance as the council habe let things in the city become grimy during lockdown. The statues in the square were all covered in muck/moss kind of stuff a few weeks ago when I was there.

After the hysteria in March any Bears that want to party in the City I say go for it, there have been crowds at sporting events down South shops are packed out all over the Country take to the Streets Bears and Party.

Maybe it’s maintenance as the council habe let things in the city become grimy during lockdown. The statues in the square were all covered in muck/moss kind of stuff a few weeks ago when I was there.
It will be maintenance as the middle one always needs it due the nature of it material use to build it

Yes the timing might make it strange, I doubt they would putting scaffolding ahead of next week, fencing it off yes

Nobody will be getting anywhere near the immediate area of the ground. There will be road blocks and barriers without a doubt. Plus one side of Edmiston Drive is closed and likely the full part of it will be for the 15th. Then you have an actual construction site behind the Copland Stand.

Also I don’t really know why people want to stand outside the stadium not being able to see Tavernier lift the trophy? I’ve waited 10 years for this moment to come our way again. If you think I’d settle for watching this massive moment in our history from a mobile phone screen outside Ibrox because I can’t actually be inside there then you’d be mental.

Watching the game and celebrations/interviews etc in the house with family then possibly going into George Square with friends.
This is what i am doing got the lads from my bus over to watch it then George sq

This . Gathering at Ibrox will be a waste of time and counter productive .

Surprised at folk saying that fans wouldn't get anywhere near the stadium even if they tried. The Stadium stretch of Edmiston Drive is still fully accessible on foot and only one side of the road is closed off to vehicles - not that fans would be turning up in their cars and parking outside the ground anyway.

Unless folk know of impending restrictions that are about to be put in place that the rest of us don't know about?

Surprised at folk saying that fans wouldn't get anywhere near the stadium even if they tried. The Stadium stretch of Edmiston Drive is still fully accessible on foot and only one side of the road is closed off to vehicles - not that fans would be turning up in their cars and parking outside the ground anyway.

Unless folk know of impending restrictions that are about to be put in place that the rest of us don't know about?
Of course you are correct. However, given that half the road is already effectively blocked off would you not anticipate the Police will put barriers up to block access to the other side of the road to both vehicles and pedestrians? I'd say its a certainty.

The Club will be instructed to get the message out this week that we shouldn't gather at the Stadium. Its inevitable. I appreciate its equally inevitable that some will go there but I suspect they won't be seeing much at all or get anywhere near the Main Stand side of the Stadium.

Copland Road and Paisley Rd West will be heaving lead up to and post game. Glasgow City Centre and especially George Square will be off the scale delirium later. All socially distanced of course.

Of course you are correct. However, given that half the road is already effectively blocked off would you not anticipate the Police will put barriers up to block access to the other side of the road to both vehicles and pedestrians? I'd say its a certainty.

The Club will be instructed to get the message out this week that we shouldn't gather at the Stadium. Its inevitable. I appreciate its equally inevitable that some will go there but I suspect they won't be seeing much at all or get anywhere near the Main Stand side of the Stadium.
For that to happen, there would need to be blocks put in place at the Broomloan Road end of Edmiston Drive on the approach to the stadium, of which there currently isn't any.

I doubt that'll happen but suppose we'll see.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why they want to be outside the stadium when the trophy is lifted because I can’t quite understand it?

I get it makes you feel closer to the team but wanting to watch this on a mobile phone? Not for me.

Also if you think it’s going to be anything like the St Mirren game you are mental. The club and police will be putting up barriers this week without a doubt.

Just got put in our group chat that George Square is closed to public.

Can this be verified by anyone?

Yeah I’ve saw this too . Let’s face it people talking for weeks about George sq and Ibrox gatherings , the cops will lift you for having a beer in the street , so they won’t allow us to go full pelt . All we’ve done is give them notice of our plans . It’ll be horses dogs the full riot squad . I’ve said all along the safest way is to open the gates . They way they know who is inside

Yeah I’ve saw this too . Let’s face it people talking for weeks about George sq and Ibrox gatherings , the cops will lift you for having a beer in the street , so they won’t allow us to go full pelt . All we’ve done is give them notice of our plans . It’ll be horses dogs the full riot squad . I’ve said all along the safest way is to open the gates . They way they know who is inside
Is this from a credible source? Or is it just our mentally-challenged 'friends' playing silly buggers again? I'm aware some work is ongoing within the Square on some of the statues but nothing more.

Is this from a credible source? Or is it just our mentally-challenged 'friends' playing silly buggers again? I'm aware some work is ongoing within the Square on some of the statues but nothing more.

Don't know, that's why I was asking if it could be confirmed by anyone.

Hopefully just the mhank hordes at the wind up.

Can someone genuinely explain to me why they want to be outside the stadium when the trophy is lifted because I can’t quite understand it?

I get it makes you feel closer to the team but wanting to watch this on a mobile phone? Not for me.

Also if you think it’s going to be anything like the St Mirren game you are mental. The club and police will be putting up barriers this week without a doubt.
Assuming people will be turning up after the game, not watching it on a mobile phone.

Back