1872-150-1972-50-5-2022-50-1972 — Number Symbolism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking today (well, yesterday now) and can't get it out of my mind but, was porto v them the last time the final was held in Seville? Now, 3 or 4 days after that we won our 50th league title. Today is 50 years since our last European triumph. Is there a touch of symmetry there or am I just clinging onto any tenuous link?

Also this year as well as 1972, we are playing in a European competition we shouldn’t be in.

In 1972 we qualified for the ECWC as runners up in Scottish Cup (Celtic won double and went into European Cup)

This year we are playing in Europa, despite being the League Winners, having been dropped down from Champions League.

Spooky

Also this year as well as 1972, we are playing in a European competition we shouldn’t be in.

In 1972 we qualified for the ECWC as runners up in Scottish Cup (Celtic won double and went into European Cup)

This year we are playing in Europa, despite being the League Winners, having been dropped down from Champions League.

Spooky
Yassss, love it

OP, your spaceship has arrived to take you back to your home planet.

Incidentally, Uranus was discovered to be a planet in 1781, but had been sighted earlier but not realised to be a planet. It's first sighting was in 1690.

Damn it OP you are on to something, wait til we win the Cup before you head home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back